Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Tales Of Woe

• 15-03-2009 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

I picked up their album yesterday, one of the best Metal albums by an Irish band that I've heard in a long time. Some ****ing really nice riffing on there. I'd recommend anyone into the likes of Crowbar or Kyuss and the likes, the good heavy stuff, to check them out.

www.myspace.com/twotalesofwoe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

For a band I haven't caught live (yet) I've still been in to them for a long time! Raging I missed their Album launch.

They've got that "tune low play slow" sound down pat. Huge fan of Crowbars so this is my perfect ear candy. Think their album was recently reviewed on metal Ireland if anyone wanted to check that out too.

http://www.metalireland.com/2009/03/08/two-tales-of-woe-a-conversation-with-death/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Anything I've heard of these guys has been good, I still didn't get their album yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Yeah I spotted these guys a while back and was going to go to the launch, but something came up...

Will definitely pick up the album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

There is a touch of Viking Skull in their sound. Does sound like it is well worth picking up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Saw them in Waterford on Thursday, they are pretty ****ing good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Saw them supporting Lordi and quite enjoyed them. Didnt have enough sponds to pick up the album on the night.

I think they were a bit delicate as they got the gig last minute and it was the night after the album launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Garkah

I was half expecting the songlist on the back of this album to be:

1.Tale one of woe
    2.Tale two of woe

*end of cd case*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

I love this band quite a lot. They deserve every bit of success they will inevitably achieve.
    I used to be in it with my drummer.

Is the album in Irish stores or where is the best place to get it from? Would prefer to buy it from wherever gives the band the biggest share of the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I saw them live a while ago. I really liked the music and thought they were a dead on bunch of lads but the singing kind of ruins it for me. It's not as bad on the recordings I've heard but live it got kinda annoying for me.
    I love the low tuned riffage though. It's class.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Kess73 wrote: »
    Is the album in Irish stores or where is the best place to get it from? Would prefer to buy it from wherever gives the band the biggest share of the price.

Probably best to buy at one of their gigs if ye can make it along to one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 FMR

Kess73 wrote: »

www.sentinelrecords.com

FMR wrote: »

I looked at their online store and cannot find it listed in the A-Z or under Irish bands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Ah yeah The Woe rule, so much riffage. Picked up the album in Sentinel Records back in February. It's a quality album without a doubt.

Side question: Is the Sentinel shop beside the Bank still open or has it closed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I think it might be still open, don't know for how much longer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 FMR

sentinel is on the other side of the bank beside the tattooists. Email him as he def has their cd

Advertisement