Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Route for Lucan Paddy's day parade?

Options
  • 15-03-2009 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the route that the Lucan St.Patrick's day parade takes? I want to bring the kids along. Will the village be ridiculously packed? If so I'd like to be able to pick a spot along the route that they'll get to see everything.

All I've been able to find out is, they assemble at Tesco at 2pm and set off at 3pm. I don't know whether they go from Tesco through Hillcrest and to the village via the Newcastle rd. or out onto Millstream rd. and into the village by the old Celbridge rd.

Can anyone advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The way they've always done it is from Tesco, down Millstream road into the village and they end at the Ulster bank on the other side of the village. Village is normally pretty busy but you'd get a spot to see everything if you fight your way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Thanks Ciaran.
    How long does it normally take? To pass a given spot I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

milltown wrote: »
    Thanks Ciaran.
    How long does it normally take? To pass a given spot I mean.
    Can't remember at all, its been a long time since I've went down to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

It usually takes about an hour to go by one spot. The village can be really packed and hard for kids to see but somewhere up near Annadales theres always room + bathrooms in McD's if the kids need to go (in the village theres only the pubs which is the last place you want to bring the kids that day).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Dufresne wrote: »
    It usually takes about an hour to go by one spot. The village can be really packed and hard for kids to see but somewhere up near Annadales theres always room + bathrooms in McD's if the kids need to go (in the village theres only the pubs which is the last place you want to bring the kids that day).

Good advice Dufresne, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

My advice is to ignore the village. I'd stay near Tesco's, where it starts, partly because I live near there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Black Sky

Was there last year (kids were in it)...
    Village centre was jammers (all around the green trangle area)....
    Parade did not go up by Centra (as for normal traffic), but up the 1 way bit at Courtneys by the taxi rank....
    Beyond La Banca, very few people at all, a few up where it ends at UB, Their was a jazz band or something I vaguely remember playing in front of the chemists near Ulster Bank... took a awhile for the parade to get there...

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

Theres a wall outside Lucan computers thats good to sit on and watch the parade as it comes to a close

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well Happy St Patrick's Day folks, if you're going to the parade enjoy it, wish I could be there tbh!

I'm just hoping that RTE will allow their online parade broadcast to be watched by those outside the country...I'll be sneaking a view of the parade on my computer at work! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Will it be jammers for traffic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

BostonB wrote: »
    Will it be jammers for traffic?

Yeah, they usually don't allow any traffic into the village for the duration of the parade. Time your journeys well ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Morgo

Hey guys, I was in the parade with the army. I have a few photos of us from last year but didnt get a chance to get any this year.
    I was wondering if anyone had any of us in Lucan you would be willing to share.
    Thanks

Advertisement