Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I hate people who......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

I hate them for making hate necessary...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

. . . come into the newsagents every single day of the week and ask for a platic bag! FFS people if you need them all the time invest in a reuseable or bring the one from the day before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

People who drive up the bus-lane and won't let you move into the correct lane to turn left where the bus-lane ends 50m from the junction.

They are in the wrong for driving in the bus lane, I am right for legally driving in the only lane available and then want to change into the left lane where the bus-lane ends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

piby wrote: »
    . . . come into the newsagents every single day of the week and ask for a platic bag! FFS people if you need them all the time invest in a reuseable or bring the one from the day before!

Why? I do this alot. It's only 22c I can't be arsed carrying a bag to save 22c.

ShooterSF wrote: »

You'll lose the race against waste for us all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

michellie wrote: »
    no, not at all. If the idiots moved out of the way when first nicely asked them to move,that wouldnt have happened:rolleyes:

It is annoying, I'll give you that. It comes down to consideration and some people have no concept nor care about the fact that you're pushing a buggy.

Have been in similar situations myself tonnes of times but although I would think about it, I never would do it. It is ignorant and rude.
    And problem is you're the one who ends up looking like a nut job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

I hate those tossers who go into book shops with a small child and talk loudly to the kid when everyone is trying to read or enjoy the silence of the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I hate people who think book shops should follow library rules just because they're both full of books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 clodaghc

i hate people who bring their noisy dirty annoying irritating children to nice restaurants after 6pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 clodaghc

but MOST OF ALL I hate people who eat with their mouth OPEN. PARTICULARLY when theyre in the cinema sitting near me and making all sorts of mastication (sp?) noises, perhaps with the odd groan of satisfaction, or picking of the teeth, or rustle of sweet wrappers, or SUCKING the popcorn after chomping through it with their open...

these people disgust me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate................

Rude people behind counters

People who chew loudly

People who put bare feet up on tables

Rude people in general

People who give you dirty looks for no god damned reason

People who don't say please or thank you

People who talk about the weather

People who are socially inept and don't try

Trains that are late

Buses that break down, when i decide to get one isntead of the train

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I hate people who park their cars in two car parking spaces. THE LINES ARE ON THE GROUND FOR A REASON, PLEASE TRY PARK BETWEEN THEM!!! People who abandon their cars outside shops etc on double yellow lines causing an obstruction, so annoying.
    People who complain about bad grammar and think they're great when they don't even know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're". :D
    I hate people who are walking on a busy street and then suddenly just stop. Grrrrrrr!
    It goes on and on and on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

People who chew loudly

Ignorant people

Stuck up people

People who cant park their car and so take up 2 parking spaces

People who forget to dip their headlights

People who forget to dip their headlights

Yeah, that is annoying. Or people who flash their lights at you even though you have dimmed yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

1. Drivers who leave their fog lights on (usually boy racers);

2. Boy racers in ridic looking cars

3. Livepool supporters

4. Rugby "supporters" jumping on the band wagon

5. Fat people

6. Ugly people.

7. People with bad teeeth

8. Hypocondriacs (spelling)

9. Religious freaks

10 Skateboarders

11. Anyone who thinks REM and Radiohead are great..

To be continued....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Junki3

moderate on these forums...

Junki3 wrote: »
    moderate on these forums...

Zing!!

Take that mods!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

ShooterSF wrote: »

Its not about saving 22c...its about trying to help the enviroment:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Moan about what they hate on online forums.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate................

Rude people behind counters

People who chew loudly

People who put bare feet up on tables

Rude people in general

People who give you dirty looks for no god damned reason

People who don't say please or thank you

People who talk about the weather

People who are socially inept and don't try

Trains that are late

Buses that break down, when i decide to get one isntead of the train

In fairness though, its a horrible day today isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Big Wave wrote: »

People who go in and out the wrong way in petrol stations.

Along with everything else people have said this annoys the crap out of me. People drive in and then sit infront of you nose to nose waiting when there is a car behind you aswell. Where am I suppose to go??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭martyc5674

irlmarc wrote: »
    Along with everything else people have said this annoys the crap out of me. People drive in and then sit infront of you nose to nose waiting when there is a car behind you aswell. Where am I suppose to go??

Cant say i would do the nose to nose thing but there usually arent specific entrances and exits to the petrol stations where i live!!
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

The entrance to a petrol station is always the one thats first on the side of the road its on! The entrance traffic on its side meets first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Brian_Uckfast

I hate people who have thousands of posts. It bugs the **** out of me that people can be so sad

Ah sure, while we're all here moaning about drivers, let's get down to the real problem...... Learner drivers hahahaha, ít's always their fault!!! :P:p

• Advertisement

When your @ a cash register and the guy/girl behind the till lumps all your change into one of your hands...usually its the notes with the coins on top.
    Im there with wallet in one hand and all this crap(note and coins) lumped in the other...i then have to put down my wallet...sort the notes from the coins and put the notes in my wallet...whilst getting the burning hole in the back of my head fromt he bloke behind me!!!
    Like FFS...dont thewse people know that people dont lump evertything into their wallets like this!!!???
    Marty.

martyc5674 wrote: »
    When your @ a cash register and the guy/girl behind the till lumps all your change into one of your hands...usually its the notes with the coins on top.
    Im there with wallet in one hand and all this crap(note and coins) lumped in the other...i then have to put down my wallet...sort the notes from the coins and put the notes in my wallet...whilst getting the burning hole in the back of my head fromt he bloke behind me!!!
    Like FFS...dont thewse people know that people dont lump evertything into their wallets like this!!!???
    Marty.

I thought I was the only one bothered by this!!!

Novella wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one bothered by this!!!

Does my head in no end!!!!
    Surely they must see me in despair with all this crap in my hand and not able to anything about it until i put it all down again!!!
    And the reall annoyance is THEY (till operator) thinks thay are being efficient in doing this!!!

Does my head in no end!!!!
    Surely they must see me in despair with all this crap in my hand and not able to anything about it until i put it all down again!!!
    And the reall annoyance is THEY (till operator) thinks thay are being efficient in doing this!!!

I know! You're there trying to put the coins in one place and the notes in the other and there's a queue behind you.... Sometimes the cashier is even so rude as to start serving the person behind you while you're still standing there sorting out your change! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Marty.

What??

They are supposed to seperate it for you? Put it in your wallet? I don't see any alternative to just handing you your money.

And I would be the person burning a hole in the back of your head, cos people like you annoy the hell out of me, just take your money and walk away
    do what you need to do with it once you get away from the till.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

Also in supermarkets when you're in the queue at the end of the very long conveyor belts (such as in Aldi) and the person at the till takes the 'next customer' bar thing that separates your groceries from the person in front of you and puts it in the groove right next to where they're sitting ie ABOUT 6 FEET AWAY FROM THE PERSON WHO NEEDS IT AT THE OTHER END OF THE CONVEYOR BELT.

This really gets on my nerves. How f**cking thick do you have to be not to send it down to where it's needed? :mad:

Fiend-Foe wrote: »
    And I would be the person burning a hole in the back of your head, cos people like you annoy the hell out of me, just take your money and walk away

God forbid you had to wait for two minutes while somebody tries to put money in their purse / wallet.
    If you're after doing a large amount of shopping, what are you supposed to do? Pick up your bags, wallet and this handful of money and move to sort it out? The likelihood is that you'll drop some of the money because of the bags you're holding.
    Patience is a virtue, maybe you should give it a try!

What??

They are supposed to seperate it for you? Put it in your wallet? I don't see any alternative to just handing you your money.

OK Ill spell it out for you!!
    youve done the whole queuing up thing and you are being served...you have your money removed from your wallet and they say "€18:50"...you hand them the €50 you have @ the ready with your right hand whilst holding your wallet in your left hand...pre-empting to them that you will be putting your change back in the wallet...pretty normal carry on.
    You put your hand out for your change (right hand) wallet still in left hand, and they bundle the €31.50 and usually a receipt into your fist.

Now you try and sort out a bundle of notes from a bundle of change with one hand...im sure it can be done in similar style to opening a box of matches & lighting a match with one hand but frankly i dont have the time to learn this skill.

Now had they handed the cash to me...then followed by the change 2 seconds later i would be off on my way a lot quicker...instead i have to find a bench to sort all this Sh^t out on...

Marty

I also hate snobby feckers,

I was in a cafe queuing up for my food and there was a man in front of me ordering some pancakes, and as the deli lady was lifting the pancakes out, one of the pancakes barely grazed some scrambled eggs, then the man gets on his high and mighty horse and says

''EXCUSE me, could you put that pancake back I absolutely despise eggs''

I was shocked, I just though to myself what an idiot I wonder if he knows pancakes are made with eggs.

God forbid you had to wait for two minutes while somebody tries to put money in their purse / wallet.
    If you're after doing a large amount of shopping, what are you supposed to do? Pick up your bags, wallet and this handful of money and move to sort it out? The likelihood is that you'll drop some of the money because of the bags you're holding.
    Patience is a virtue, maybe you should give it a try!

I was thinking more like a news agent or small store, if someone has lots of shopping chances are the person at the till will just start scanning my stuff while they are filing their change away in the appropiate sections of their wallet
    OK Ill spell it out for you!!
    youve done the whole queuing up thing and you are being served...you have your money removed from your wallet and they say "€18:50"...you hand them the €50 you have @ the ready with your right hand whilst holding your wallet in your left hand...pre-empting to them that you will be putting your change back in the wallet...pretty normal carry on.
    You put your hand out for your change (right hand) wallet still in left hand, and they bundle the €31.50 and usually a receipt into your fist.

Now you try and sort out a bundle of notes from a bundle of change with one hand...im sure it can be done in similar style to opening a box of matches & lighting a match with one hand but frankly i dont have the time to learn this skill.

Now had they handed the cash to me...then followed by the change 2 seconds later i would be off on my way a lot quicker...instead i have to find a bench to sort all this Sh^t out on...

Marty

Its none of their business what you do with the money once they give it back to you.

I have plenty of patience, but not to be standing around wasting time waiting for someone to rearrange their wallet. Just jam it in your pocket and sort it out outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I hate fookers with prams who think they own the pavement and road just because of the pram

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

who say "are ya sure?" all the time and question everything, man that gets on my nerves

People who chat on the stairs

Rugger heads that look down on people

Nosey f'uckers

who have said the following or similar today "im glad were gone out, lets us concentrate on the league” and “I hope united win tonight, means they wont be focused on the league”

Its none of their business what you do with the money once they give it back to you.

Absolutely none of their business...but lumping it all into one hand is not a polite thing to do either.

I have plenty of patience, but not to be standing around wasting time waiting for someone to rearrange their wallet. Just jam it in your pocket and sort it out outside.

I wouldnt be arranging...just putting the notes in one section and the coins into my pocket, and on my way...doesnt take 5 seconds.

What i end up having to do time and time again though is walk nearer the door...put everything down and sort out the mess ive been left in.

Admit it Fiend-Foe...you work a till and you do this all the time!!

I wouldnt be arranging...just putting the notes in one section and the coins into my pocket, and on my way...doesnt take 5 seconds.

What i end up having to do time and time again though is walk nearer the door...put everything down and sort out the mess ive been left in.

Admit it Fiend-Foe...you work a till and you do this all the time!!

No I don't.

Ok what you do is take the notes and coins down and put them in your pocket, release the coins whilst pinching notes and bring them back up to your wallet.

One handed and swift!

How is this either right or efficient??
    Just jam it in your pocket and sort it out outside.

I end up having to put my money in a ball into my pocket...then you suggest i go outside...drop my newly aquired merchandise on the ground whilst i try and sort out my wallet...and then some knack has a nice view of my wallet and has an opportunity to nick my stuff.
    Sorry but this is how i feel about this!!

• Advertisement

No I don't.

Ok what you do is take the notes and coins down and put them in your pocket, release the coins whilst pinching notes and bring them back up to your wallet.

One handed and swift!

Sounds like a Viz top tip to be honest!

Sorry but this is how i feel about this!!

It appears we have reached an impasse.

Just don't do it in front of me or I'll give ya a chisel to the hip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Misticalz2003

Ah sure, while we're all here moaning about drivers, let's get down to the real problem...... Learner drivers hahahaha, ít's always their fault!!! :P:p

lol :P:D learners are the worst like hurry up and learn already or get off the road!! lol cruel i know but gotta be cruel to be kind!

It appears we have reached an impasse.

Just don't do it in front of me or I'll give ya a chisel to the hip.

Ill gladly leave you in front of me...and proceed to nick your wallet after ive had a good look in it and deemed it worthy of nicking!

lol :P:D learners are the worst like hurry up and learn already or get off the road!! lol cruel i know but gotta be cruel to be kind!

Hahahahahaha! I only passed the test about two months ago but yeah, get them off the roads! :P
    (I'm just joking btw!) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

.....aren't me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'm sure its been said before.....but I hate people who lie!!

Ill gladly leave you in front of me...and proceed to nick your wallet after ive had a good look in it and deemed it worthy of nicking!

Don't have a wallet and don't have anything worth nicking, sorry...

Don't have a wallet and don't have anything worth nicking, sorry...

Knew that would be your response :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

....don't know when to stop talking.

Advertisement