Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I hate people who......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

give you dirty looks in the street.
    Is this just an Irish thing?
    Bet no-one in the USA do this because they know they could get shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Nolanger wrote: »
    give you dirty looks in the street.

I wonder about this one.

It seems like the default expression on peoples faces in this country is sourpuss, and while it might seem like they're giving dirty looks, the person in question is probably, in all likelihood, wondering about something very important to themselves, such as what they're going to buy in the shops.

Think about it from the opposite perspective. You're walking nonchalantly down the street, and happen to make eye contact with someone. It's highly unlikely you're smiling, as that would seem a bit overfriendly (in Ireland anyway). So while you assumed to yourself you had your usual ambigous bland expression in place it's possible you looked like this:-

https://www.shutterpoint.com/photos/J/20071031_072728_grumpy_view.jpg (SFW)

which could quite easily be misconstrued as a dirty look.

So, might be worth bearing in mind next time, that maybe you simply misread the expression.

Either that, or you're a skanger :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

Banter Joe wrote: »
    Either that, or you're a skanger :D

I hate that crap.

"Whaaru lookin ah?" "Ya gorra starin problem?"

Shut up and go away, I wouldn't look at your slack-jawed scum face unnecessarily.

lol :P:D learners are the worst like hurry up and learn already or get off the road!! lol cruel i know but gotta be cruel to be kind!

I hate that.. As if you were a real pro when you were learning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Misticalz2003

I hate that.. As if you were a real pro when you were learning!

course i was im pro at everything lol!!
    nah i was only having a joke like but come on u must admit they can b bit annoying on the road! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sometimes.. But a little patience goes a long way.. Just let them get on with it I say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Keyboard warriors.

we all know them. they boast online about the mighty deeds they've done and go out of their way to harass you on a message board:rolleyes:

"Your opinion SUCKS!!!!!! If I ever meet you, Im gonna kick you in the NUTZ!!!:("
    not an actual quote, just something along those lines:D

Yea, you tell 'em, Sparticus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Novella wrote: »
    People who forget to dip their headlights

Yeah, that is annoying. Or people who flash their lights at you even though you have dimmed yours.

I KNOW!!!

People flash at me all the time (and I'd nearly swear its the same f*ckers!) when i've my dips on. (before anyone says it - i've got my lights checked and they are focused properly and the correct brightness).
    So what i do back at them is turn on my headlights (and i've two spots on the a bar as well :p) and they know then that i'd my dips on all along!!!

He he he he

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭littletiger

Wear sun glasses on a cloudy day.

Wear sun glasses on a cloudy day.

+1 you wear them functionally, otherwise you look really thick!:pac: I saw a guy in GMIT a few weeks ago with sunglasses, suit and briefcase, the whole works! first, he was outside yakking on his mobile on an extreamly overcast day, then when he was finished, he went inside and wandered around the corridors for a bit, still wearing the shades! Priceless!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

People who keep closing the damn windows on a packed bus*; merely because it might be cloudy out - thinking it's cold, causing the entire bus to steam up so you can't see outside, and trap the smell of the one sweaty bastard that seems to be on every bus* in Dublin.

Ugh.

Bastards.

*Yes, I get the bus to/from work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭deco05ie

I hate people who have thousands of posts. It bugs the **** out of me that people can be so sad
    Why??
    some people have been on boards for 10 years. You can learn a lot from reading the other forums and some really helpful people give a lot of advice.

Then there are people who work at a computer and are bored ****less so have nothing else to do but post in AH.I don't see how either makes you sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

mostly driving ones, but i drive a lot and crappy drivers bug me.

people who don't know what lane to use on roundabouts and then try and cut you off because they think they are in the right.

people who leave their fog lights on all the time, day or night regardless.

people who drive overly slowly and hold everyone up right up to the point when you overtake them and then they speed up to cut you off.

people who don't know what the minimum safe distance to drive behind someone is and even drive right up your backside when it's pizzing rain.

people who rush to pull out in front of you and then dawdle along holding you up.

oh, and people who call you and listen to your answering message and wait until just after the beep to hang up so you have to play it back and listen to them hanging up.

dirty feckers who go out in public when they haven't washed or changed their clothes for several days and stink you out of it. makes me want to puke.

you're in an internet café on boards.ie when some w**ker comes in with a pizza or chips and sits down at a computer stinking out the whole room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

you're in an internet café on boards.ie when some w**ker comes in with a pizza or chips and sits down at a computer stinking out the whole room.

I was on boards too. You were just jelous, I saw you eyeing my pizza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

When you have work to do on your laptop in the college library, and people are taking up the designated spaces for laptop connection. They either don't have a laptop at all, or they do, and are just pissing around on Facebook and the likes.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

I hate people who ban you from the "Miniature Gaming" Forum just because you asked did Miniature gaming involve dwarf tossing.

And was War-Hammer like Monopoly except you substite the dog and the iron for an elf and a orc...

...I mean it was a misleading discription.

Now I'm banned for 3 months from the forum, they said because it was "Blatant Trolling"...

But if you like Dungeons & Dragons and all that stuff and they labelled me a "Troll"...is that not a term of endearment? I tought they like Trolls?

I'm confused.com:confused:

I hate people who ban you from the "Miniature Gaming" Forum

Does this happen to you often?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Does this happen to you often?

No, but there is a first time for everything!

work in a café and ask you for the money.
    You put the cash on the counter but they walk off to get the coffee etc while your money remains on the counter.

• Advertisement

who ban you from after hours for a week just for calling another poster an ignorant gob****e when he totally was:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭CeilingCat

I hate people who knock on your front door with their car keys.

Or who call to your house unannounced when you're not in and then ring you to tell you they've been knocking on your front door for the last 20 minutes :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

When you have work to do on your laptop in the college library, and people are taking up the designated spaces for laptop connection. They either don't have a laptop at all, or they do, and are just pissing around on Facebook and the likes.:mad:

You're writing this from the library aren't you??

People who laugh loudly at the ads in the cinema you think are too retarded to amuse a severely autistic chimp.

humbert wrote: »
    You're writing this from the library aren't you??

People who laugh loudly at the ads in the cinema you think are too retarded to amuse a severely autistic chimp.

woah, I can understand the film, but some people laugh at the ads?:confused:

woah, I can understand the film, but some people laugh at the ads?:confused:

yup. The mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

idiots on the luas playing chipmunk trance pop on their mobile phones at full volume for everyone to hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

... are Irish but do British-sounding things to their accents like round vowels and sharp Ts.
    Sounds seriously forced on an Irish person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭corkkaz

i hate:

couples. I was on the train last week and a couple sat beside me. The man started to eat a roll or something and then offered it to his girlfriend. She shook her head, but he shoved it up to her mouth anyway, she ate a tiny bit then but she didnt like it. This was repeated again twice. WHY????

people who lie over the tiniest things. I know a girl who lies over when she submits assignments and if she went out or not. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

people who dont speak to you until they want something

Irish news presenters who put on a ridiculous Dublin south side accent and start mispronouncing words like Gordeeee. Should be working at a till in Boots not presenting the news.

• Advertisement

I hate people who follow hurling and think everyone else is interested in this sport. Going on and on about how many times Tipperary have beaten Offaly.
    Absolute tossers of the worst kind - the main reason Irish people emigrate is to get away from these c*nts.

I hate people who follow hurling and think everyone else is interested in this sport. Going on and on about how many times Tipperary have beaten Offaly.
    Absolute tossers of the worst kind - the main reason Irish people emigrate is to get away from these c*nts.

Ah, Gaa heads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I hate people who only drink beer no-one else has heard of. "Oh, do they serve Szxxhkjkkjxhkjhkj here? It's made by blind rapist monks in a concentration camp in Grenada, far superior to anything else."

If someone else starts drinking it, they'll move to drinking some other obscure, hideous swill and claim that's better again. Pretentious pricks, they should be forced to drink fucking Budweiser for the rest of their days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Agamemnon wrote: »
    I hate people who only drink beer no-one else has heard of. "Oh, do they serve Szxxhkjkkjxhkjhkj here? It's made by blind rapist monks in a concentration camp in Grenada, far superior to anything else."

If someone else starts drinking it, they'll move to drinking some other obscure, hideous swill and claim that's better again. Pretentious pricks, they should be forced to drink fucking Budweiser for the rest of their days.

ha ha that is prob a name of a beer somewhere ya never know with the weird names nowadays

Ohhhh just remembered one. People who act the glutten when out drinking to "keep up" with everyone. A mate of mine just CANT drink vodka and started showing off the night of her birthday as the rest of us were drinking vodka- she had 2 vodkas, puked her guts up and had to be brought home:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

s t i c k y

t h i s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

hate people who get on their high horse over nothing!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

people who drop their bus fare on the floor and not into the machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

i hate people who talk behind you in the cinema!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I hate people who put their phones on silent in the cinema. Nothing more distracting than some gob****e near you checking a text, big bright light from their phone.

If you can't be out of contact for two poxy hours, then don't go to the cinema!

I also hate most types of cinema food. Who the **** thought food that's noisy to eat would be good for watching films?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

People who dont wash or clean their hands after a bag of crisps and then use the remote or console controller, and then you pick it up and get all greasy.:mad:

:pac:........G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

...who are paper republicans

people who insist windows is the bests - use it by all means but don't lie.

...liars

...anti-choice people (in general)

people who dislike the gaa - fine if you dont follow it, but i hate people who really are passionate about hating it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

People who dont flush the toilet after them. And Yes, going for a piss counts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

don't smack their unruly children.

people who use the word unruly and smack children

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

let their kids walk and run in such a way you trip over them
    straighten their hair and think they are really cool and unique (im looking at you indie kids)
    present loose women
    go to the doctor and think its a day out for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

...who are paper republicans

people who insist windows is the bests - use it by all means but don't lie.

...liars

...anti-choice people (in general)

people who dislike the gaa - fine if you dont follow it, but i hate people who really are passionate about hating it.

this post is retarded on so many levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Mr.S wrote: »
    People who take years to buy luas tickets when theres a luas coming, and your waiting behind them, resulting in you missing said luas.
    I hate when people behind me in the line can't wait a minute while I try to order tickets off the ****ing Luas machine, then they come up to it and take a minute aswell because the realise the sun's glare is making the screen impossible to read. :mad: Who's sighing now, ya ****in eejits? (Not directed at Mr.S, you're a sound chap I'm sure)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

People who insist that the new Harry Potter is a cultural event which must be witnessed by every man, woman and tuberous vegetable on planet earth.

can't get over the fact that there's no black people in lord of the rings. IT DOESN'T MAKE IT RACIST!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

can't get over the fact that there's no black people in lord of the rings. IT DOESN'T MAKE IT RACIST!!!!!

What a wonderfully specific hatred :pac:

this post is retarded on so many levels.

this post was so utterly useful i felt the need to qoute it

it is a special post

• Advertisement
Advertisement