Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I hate people who......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

i hate bad manners - its nice to be nice
    i hate that person in front of me in a queue - you know always pays by credit card - there is always a problem with the said credit card - then they take the time packing the shopping and think its ok to chat away for ages to the cashier - you know i have all day for my shopping thanks
    i hate people who skip the queue
    i hate being at an airport and the check in staff are there but too busy having a chat bout what they got upto the previous night thatn to open the gate and let your bags go through - dont they know they are wasting our valuable drinking time and duty free shopping - sods -
    i hate people who have no consideration for others - thanks for closing the door in my face etc etc again nice to be nice
    i hate taxi drivers - they really do overcharge and can talk very inappropriately at times - me being a lady i dont need to know bout their sex lives and i like to go the way i know not the scenic route they do
    i hate moaners too always negative its ok to be positive the world wont fall around you if you crack a smile, tell a joke, or laugh god forbid..

:):)ending post on said positive note:):D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Obsidian

People who won't shut the **** up when i have a headache.

People who look at you like **** for no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Samsung

People who call there mother... mom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Samsung

akaredtop wrote: »
    I hate people who have no minds of their own. They jump on bandwagons. They do not know what is going on, but they think it is the in thing to do.eg. Rugby.

spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Kiera12

People who walk real slow in front of you when your in a rush!

When you get handed change... receipt, notes THEN coins! How annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Without reading all them,

On the small country roads meeting land rovers who are driving in the middle of the road to avoid potholes. You Are driving a ****in' off road vehicle designed for bumps and holes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭akaredtop

Strangers who try to disipline your kids - Happened my sister last week, My niece was sulking in the shop cos my sister wouldnt buy her a 20 quid teddy, and some woman comes over and says to my niece "Do as your mammy says missy or you will get no easter eggs off the easter bunny" My sister was like "Excuse me who the **** are you , dont you dare try discipline my child"

That woman only sounded friendly.It sounds like your sister is the one with the attidude problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

akaredtop wrote: »
    Strangers who try to disipline your kids - Happened my sister last week, My niece was sulking in the shop cos my sister wouldnt buy her a 20 quid teddy, and some woman comes over and says to my niece "Do as your mammy says missy or you will get no easter eggs off the easter bunny" My sister was like "Excuse me who the **** are you , dont you dare try discipline my child"

That woman only sounded friendly.It sounds like your sister is the one with the attidude problem.

Yeah a real good example being set for the young child....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

People who can't use roundabouts

Girls with dyed jet black hair (a la Rihanna) with orange skin

People who borrow stuff off you and NEVER give it back, and if you ask for it back, they make you out to be some crazed stresspot who can't relax and is 'wrecking their head'. It's my stuff!

People who say 'I'm not being funny but.....' and then insult you

Customer service reps who don't give a sh*te and take pleasure in your growing impatience and rage

People who tell you to relax or calm down, when they know they are making your blood boil on purpose

Cocky fellas who call girls 'b*tches', like 'ya let's go out and pull some b*tches'

Queue jumpers

People who say 'your' instead of 'you're', or 'there' instead of 'their'.

People in work who get away with murder because being rude and stroppy is 'just their way'

Incompetence

People who laugh at their own jokes and wait for you to laugh with them - so uncomfortable

Girls who steal or try to steal other girls' boyfriends

Girls who put you down subtly to make themselves look better than you

Drivers who skip an entire lane of traffic and then cut in at the top of the queue

Cantankerous auld ones

Outraged taxi drivers

Parents who think they are better than you because they have children. 'You'll never understand'

That's all I can think of for now but I have SO many!

• Advertisement

I cant stand women who spend ages at the checkout taking forever to:

1. Open handbag
    2. Take purse out of handbag
    3. Close handbag
    4. Open purse
    5. Fiddle through purse the size of a brick for money
    6. Hand money over to cashier
    7. Put change back in the purse
    8. Close purse
    9. Open handbag
    10. Put purse back in handbag
    11. Close handbag
    12. Then moves off slowly while reading receipt.

Jesus its not like they werent expecting to have to get money out...:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭sbEdge

I hate it when people are telling you something that they said and they say
    " I was like...." Why not say " I said ...."

I hate people who shout at the tv during matches, especially in pubs. Pointless

I hate it when you're in a shop and you put your hand out for your change and the cashier slaps it down on the counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

... have artists arrested for hanging nude paintings of them in the National Gallery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

people who..

1. eat noisily
    2. slurp drinks
    3. smell
    4. are rude
    5. leave taps dripping
    6. dont let people get off the bus/dart/luas before they jump on

I cant stand women who spend ages at the checkout taking forever to:

1. Open handbag
    2. Take purse out of handbag
    3. Close handbag
    4. Open purse
    5. Fiddle through purse the size of a brick for money
    Take out credit card
    Enter PIN
    Card Rejected - go rooting to find another one
    6. Hand money over to cashier
    7. Put change back in the purse
    8. Close purse
    9. Open handbag
    10. Put purse back in handbag
    11. Close handbag
    12. Then moves off slowly while reading receipt.

Jesus its not like they werent expecting to have to get money out...:mad:

fyp

sbEdge wrote: »

I hate it when you're in a shop and you put your hand out for your change and the cashier slaps it down on the counter.

I do that :( Habit I developed at home. I try and put people between me and the tv in the pub as it seems to help. If I'm right infront of the screen I get lost in it and can use language that the families in having Sunday lunch don't appreciate.

Be fair though it's a disease if anything. Many just can't help it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Would you prefer everyone to sit quietly and enjoy the commentary?
    perhaps a forum in the pub afterwards to discuss different opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Big Wave

SV wrote: »
    Would you prefer everyone to sit quietly and enjoy the commentary?
    perhaps a forum in the pub afterwards to discuss different opinions?

No - cheering & yelling is fine. But people shouting instructions at the players as if they can hear you, is retarded. "F*cks sake, Ref", "F*ckin' eejit Bergatov", etc is fine, as it's conveying frustration & is a normal reaction - but screaming actual tactics at players is usually reserved for those with low IQs. They're the same fans who always think they know better than the manager & players. Bar stool experts are the worst.

Big Wave wrote: »
    No - cheering & yelling is fine. But people shouting instructions at the players as if they can hear you, is retarded. "F*cks sake, Ref", "F*ckin' eejit Bergatov", etc is fine, as it's conveying frustration & is a normal reaction - but screaming actual tactics at players is usually reserved for those with low IQs. They're the same fans who always think they know better than the manager & players. Bar stool experts are the worst.

In principal, Yes it is retarded....but I wldnt get worked up about it.....are you a women by any chance?:D

"Reserved for those with low IQs"...lol...source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Excuse me i do this!! Nothing wrong with it either. Its called getting caught up in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I shout that sort of thing at the news and current affairs programmes these days.

Sign of maturity I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

akaredtop wrote:
    I hate people who have no minds of their own. They jump on bandwagons. They do not know what is going on, but they think it is the in thing to do.eg. Rugby.
    Samsung wrote: »
    spot on.

Couldn't agree more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Spas who charge ONE ITEM on their credit card. Was in the self service aisle recently and a guy in front of me had a tub of tesco ice cream and a can of coke in his basket(why he needed a basket ill never know)

Now those 2 items were under a fiver cos the tesco ice creams about 2.50 and i know the coke wasnt more than 1.25

And hes there charging these items, and me behind with a big trolley of shopping :mad: The funny part was when he opened his wallet to put in back in there were a pile of notes in there:confused:

Spa!!!

Couldn't agree more

Yeah like women who go to rugby matches...

Kimia wrote: »
    People who stand behind you in a queue fidgeting while you try desperately to put your change and your notes into the 2 different compartments in your wallet, while trying to lift all your stuff off the counter without a bag. Or the person behind the counter has just draped a plastic bag over your stuff so you have to pack your bag and your wallet at the same time while getting the death laser beam stare from people behind you.

Stop it!!! We're going as fast as we can!!!

Eh, ask for a bag at the start, and pack your stuff into the bag as they scan it. Then when you get your change, put it in your hand & walk away. I know, I know, it sounds so complicated....

In principal, Yes it is retarded....but I wldnt get worked up about it.....are you a women by any chance?:D

Who's getting worked up? I only posted on topic agreeing with someone's post. No, I'm male.
    "Reserved for those with low IQs"...lol...source?

Source - I've seen it happen, then I look around and see red-faced beer-swilling brainless hicks foaming at the mouth.
    Excuse me i do this!! Nothing wrong with it either. Its called getting caught up in the game.
    Of course you think it's okay, because you do it. I'm just saying I think it's slow people that do it, because the players can't hear you, so it's a bit thick to be shouting specific tactical instructions at someone who is on a TV. That's my opinion. Getting caught up in the game is fine, like I already said.

Who's getting worked up? I only posted on topic agreeing with someone's post. No, I'm male.

Source - I've seen it happen, then I look around and see red-faced beer-swilling brainless hicks foaming at the mouth.

...and you know their IQ?:confused:

Personally I dont watch sports in pubs for that reason but mate, such sweeping comments make you look retarded:rolleyes:

...and you know their IQ?:confused:

Yeah, I estimate that anyone who yells instructions at players on a TV during a football match are below an IQ of 120.

And again - like I said, cheering & yelling & getting exciting & going mental is ALL fine - it's the 'acting like the manager/coach' that's a bit dumb, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

people shouting instructions at the players as if they can hear you, is retarded.
    Yeah, I estimate that anyone who yells instructions at players on a TV during a football match are below an IQ of 120.

Fairly high standards of retardation there Big Wave. I'd report back to your local Mensa group to confirm them figures

Fairly high standards of retardation there Big Wave. I'd report back to your local Mensa group to confirm them figures
    You think it's lower? So you think those type of football fans are actually thicker than what I'm claiming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

Wouldn't do it myself by have no problem with people who do (shout at the telly during a game). It's called willing someone on. ;)

average iq in ireland is estimated at 93:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_IQ

so some intelligent enough people in your little < 120 bracket.

It's a release, something to blow off steam to. Not your thing, fine, not mine either to a great extent, although I have been know to let a roar of "cross the f***in thing" while watching a game.

My IQ is > 120 btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You think it's lower? So you think those type of football fans are actually thicker than what I'm claiming?
    Just pointing out that you claim people with an IQ lower than 120 are retarded, which in itself is kind of a retarded claim to make

Spas who charge ONE ITEM on their credit card. Was in the self service aisle recently and a guy in front of me had a tub of tesco ice cream and a can of coke in his basket(why he needed a basket ill never know)

Now those 2 items were under a fiver cos the tesco ice creams about 2.50 and i know the coke wasnt more than 1.25

And hes there charging these items, and me behind with a big trolley of shopping :mad: The funny part was when he opened his wallet to put in back in there were a pile of notes in there:confused:

Spa!!!

They let you use the self service when you have a trolley in your tesco?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Storytoppers - Theres nothing worse...My sisters boyfriend is one of these, if you make 500 a week he makes 600.If you bought a new coat for 50e his new one cost 150e...

He actually wreaks my head when he does this:mad: Hence why we avoid him like the plague

I love these guys, they're so entertaining.
    We have one at work.

The other day we were discussing the dangerous things that people do whilst driving.
    Someone says, "I seen a bloke driving along reading a newspaper one day".

Straight away our man pipes up.
    "ah sure that's nothing, I once saw an old woman driving down the road while doing her knitting"...

Oh how I lolled...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

ShooterSF wrote: »
    They let you use the self service when you have a trolley in your tesco?!

A lot of Tescos have bigger self scans intended for trolleys as well as the smaller express/basket ones. In fact at certain times in a few stores I've been in, there are only self-scan tills open so you've no choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

And again - like I said, cheering & yelling & getting exciting & going mental is ALL fine - it's the 'acting like the manager/coach' that's a bit dumb, IMO.

bravo mate, all this effort just to *subtly* show off your iq? LOL, :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

bravo mate, all this effort just to *subtly* show off your iq? LOL, :rolleyes:

How do you type those backwards p's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Smoke

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

javaboy wrote: »
    A lot of Tescos have bigger self scans intended for trolleys as well as the smaller express/basket ones. In fact at certain times in a few stores I've been in, there are only self-scan tills open so you've no choice.

:( Stupid backwards Navan.

cowzerp wrote: »
    Smoke

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Wear PJs to the shops
    Sit in the overtaking lane on motorways going way under the limit
    drive taxies
    smoke on busses
    txt in the cinima

You get the picture, continue it.

So is this in relation to taxi drivers or does it also apply to people who hijack them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

who join in on the hype...

"Iron Man is the best movie evah' !"
    two months later
    "The dark knight is the best movie evah' !"
    a few months later
    "Watchmen is the best movie evah' !"

...then forget about it as soon as the next "big movie" comes out,
    Hey, remember when "the return of the king" was the bestest movie ever ever ever? -thought not.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I hate those who treat roundabouts as almost STOP signs.
    The way is clear, nothing on the roundabout and they almost come to a halt and then
    take off again. It pisses me right off. I'm not saying you should drive thru at full speed, slow a little and thru you go; but what's the freaking need to almost stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Abstar

How do you type those backwards p's?

I think you turn your laptop back to front..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

I hate people who lose their manners after a few drinks. The kind of person who shoves his way through a crowd. People like this shouldn't be let near drink for their own good. Eventually they step on the wrong toes and get a few slaps. It happened to a guy I know. When I heard the story I knew he probably deserved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

- People who say "Can you learn me how to play the guitar" instead of "Can you teach me"

- People who are from a county outside Dublin who go to college in Dublin and after a month or less have a full blown D4 accent - it just doesn't make sense.

- When people with really bad body odour try on clothes in a fitting room - not only do they stink the fitting rooms, they stink the clothes that they are trying on also.

- People who buy clothes, wear them whilst leaving the tags on and then return them to the shop for a cash refund when they've gotten their use out of the clothes - disgusting and so stingey.

- People, usually girls, who spend a night out getting blokes, who they usually have absolutley no interest in, to buy them drinks.

- People who haven't got the foggiest notion how to undertake even the seasiset of household duties or DIY jobs, eg, change a light bulb, tune in a tv,etc.

• Advertisement

ratmouse wrote: »
    - People who haven't got the foggiest notion how to undertake even the seasiset of household duties or DIY jobs, eg, change a light bulb, tune in a tv,etc.

We cant all be pirates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

People who get really worked up on boards.ie and hijack the thread with their longwinded philosophical posts and who jump on every tiny little point (each quoted) that someone 6 pages ago said just because they want to flex their 'I'm never wrong, look at me I know long words' muscles.

Also, what do you want from us Lindsay Lohan?? (Family Guy viewers will know what it means)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Exneigh

are smug hypocrite ex-smokers
    are Shammers (obviously)
    are Toffs (obviously)
    are fat right wing yanks
    are the general public

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

ratmouse wrote: »
    - People who say "Can you learn me how to play the guitar" instead of "Can you teach me"

He done teached me to talk proper!

hee-yuk!

http://hurri.kean.edu/dept/faculty/cletus.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Brian2208

People who write with caps lock on or have every second word in capitals.
    It honestly gives me a headache trying to read it :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement