Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I hate people who......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Vananna

The ignorant wench in the dole office. You'd swear she was putting her hand in her own pocket and giving me her money!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Exneigh

Vananna wrote: »
    The ignorant wench in the dole office. You'd swear she was putting her hand in her own pocket and giving me her money!!!! :mad:

Wear your finest suit to the dole office! you get more respect..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Vananna

I like you're way of thinking. I may even bring my briefcase and make a big deal of taking my own pen out of it to sign my name. That'd really piss her off. LMAO! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

people who whinge about "shouting" i.e. wrighting in capital letters. there's NO FREAKING DIFFIRENCE:D see?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Wertz wrote: »
    I just hate people in general...it's much easier that way, rather than having to come up with specific details of the sh*t they do that makes me hate them...

Agreed (with hate of course).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

I cant stand women who spend ages at the checkout taking forever to:

1. Open handbag
    2. Take purse out of handbag
    3. Close handbag
    4. Open purse
    5. Fiddle through purse the size of a brick for money
    6. Hand money over to cashier
    7. Put change back in the purse
    8. Close purse
    9. Open handbag
    10. Put purse back in handbag
    11. Close handbag
    12. Then moves off slowly while reading receipt.

Jesus its not like they werent expecting to have to get money out...:mad:

Drives me fu*king crazy.

If you are one of those people remember next time when your doing this I'd say theres a fairly good chance the person behind you is boring a hole into the back of your head - hoping you feeling ever bit of it just to stop them from lifting you up by the ears and screaming at you

"Look I've a euro/2 euro/fiver/tenner/score/fifty (whatever) in my hand ready - its not that fu*king hard"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

Dont know if its already been posted but
    People who have been standing at the bus stop for ages then the bus comes, they get on and start rummaging through their pockets looking for change for their fare..... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 orlaj

i hate people who look and smell really clean but their nails are filthy :eek: how discusting can you get !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭carrieb

Big Wave wrote: »
    C*nts that drive those Spin FM Beetles. "OMG, we're the Spinnies, loike!"

People who can’t put “L” plates up properly - sideways, upside down, on the bonnet, etc.

People who go in and out the wrong way in petrol stations.

Blokes with long curly blonde hair and/or dungarees.

D*ckheads in nightclubs with whistles.

People in airports who greet their arrivals in the passageway and block everyone else.

Dumbasses who don’t realise they’re leaving a phone message after the call rings out.

Dumb Aul Wans laughing when they nearly get knocked down.

Uncultured imbeciles critiquing food.

People at the airport check-in desk with “issues” - just check in, FFS.

“Pacific” for specific.

“I could care less”.

Arrogant low-spec BMW drivers in suits (usually reps).

People over 40 wearing blazers & jeans – aka “Cool Dads”.

Referring to drink as scoops/sauce.

+1
    Seriousluy, I think we share a brain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Tom Trojan

...eat something that causes them to frequently break wind while in the confines of a public airline.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Compulsive printers in college. Printing out 70+ pages of notes, for god's sake, save them on your usb or email them to yourself or something, it ****s my day right up when I have to print out a five page essay and I'm stuck behind one of you feckers and then when I get to the printer you've used all the damn paper just so you can feel like you've done some study. Are you even going to read all those notes? Because I'd think if you were going to be a studying kind of a person you'd have been printing notes all along during the year, not doing the whole lot right at the end of the year.

Casually racist or ignorant people: case in point, one of my housemates recently said she could never go out with a man who wasn't Irish, she's getting her hair cut and dyed the day before she goes on her J1 because she wouldn't trust their "funny hairdressers" (in the States?!?!) and everytime somebody foreign is on the TV she and one of the other girls start laughing "Oooh look at that, listen to his funny accent" etc. I mean, I'm not precious about race or anything, I generally have to scan the room before cracking a joke tbh...but I'm starting to suspect she really means it.

People who bring huge bags or cases onto a plane as carry ons, get them as far as the plane, then they take up so much of the overhead space that the cabin crew has to take them out and put them in the damn hold.

Old people in general. Jesus, complain much do ya? And stop looking terrified of me you auld bitch, I was going to ask if you wanted me to reach that for you. Oh you're welcome, no need to thank me for holding the door. Don't give me that look, I was just about to give you my bloody seat.

Also, people who don't give up their seat when an old or pregnant person gets on the bus. :p

Story toppers. When you're telling a story and you can see the person's eyes glazing over and you can tell they're not even listening, just scanning their memory for a better story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Tom Trojan wrote: »
    ...eat something that causes them to frequently break wind while in the confines of a pubic hairline.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

smell like oranges after break time.

Or

are mean to veggies, damn you Ramsay!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

:mad:filthy scumbags that talk and shout at the cinema screen:mad: If I had had the citizens special hotline I would have rang it.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    :( Stupid backwards Navan.
    It actually is.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

non smokers galloping in on their high horse to tell you that smoking is bad for your health and that you should quit. If you reply to them with "what your currently doing can potentially be bad for yours" they get their friends around cos you're threatening.

Those non smokers who cough when you light up a fag, to quote bill hicks "do you go over to crippled people and dance in front of them too" its just plain ignorant.

Well i'm all ranted out now, oh oh oh and the government for planning to raise the tax on fags rather than jailing the ****in bankers who ****ed up the economy and that are still gettin bonuses cos they ****ed up.

And yes i am a smoker

good god i need a smoke after all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

everytime somebody foreign is on the TV she and one of the other girls start laughing "Oooh look at that, listen to his funny accent" etc.

Question.
    Are these housemates of yours also from Cork?
    If so, awesome irony...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

They let you use the self service when you have a trolley in your tesco?!

Yep they have about 10 trolley ones, 4 oners for ten items or less and about 5 normal checkouts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

people who dont answer my texts........

people who answer a text with one word....no....yes.....dont know.....

people who dont like to talk.......

• Advertisement

Kimia wrote: »

Also, what do you want from us Lindsay Lohan?? (Family Guy viewers will know what it means)

Are we gonna go out? ha classic!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

joes girls wrote: »

Have you ever considered people...don't like you?

:o

SV wrote: »
    Have you ever considered people...don't like you?

:o

could never happen........:):D:)

joes girls wrote: »

So you are saying, people who text,yeah?

Iang87 wrote: »
    non smokers galloping in on their high horse to tell you that smoking is bad for your health and that you should quit. If you reply to them with "what your currently doing can potentially be bad for yours" they get their friends around cos you're threatening.

Those non smokers who cough when you light up a fag, to quote bill hicks "do you go over to crippled people and dance in front of them too" its just plain ignorant.

Well i'm all ranted out now, oh oh oh and the government for planning to raise the tax on fags rather than jailing the ****in bankers who ****ed up the economy and that are still gettin bonuses cos they ****ed up.

And yes i am a smoker

good god i need a smoke after all that

In all fairness we do it because we are not used to the smoke not out of ignorance

In all fairness we do it because we are not used to the smoke not out of ignorance

sorry should have been more clear. The people who put on a fake cough

• Advertisement

So you are saying, people who text,yeah?

no no peoples who dont....me loves textin......:):):)

*cough

*cough

oh my god man you are gettin it. i'm gonna track you down, go to your house,

**** i'm lazy i wont even write it, well said sir well said

Iang87 wrote: »
    sorry should have been more clear. The people who put on a fake cough

ah ok super:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I hate people who ring me when ive got leftfeild on, and I have to intrupt my listening pleasure.....

• Advertisement

poeple who pass wind when standin next to ya.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

People who walk up bike/wheelchair ramps when there are stairs. Fat people usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Exneigh

BrightEyes wrote: »
    People who walk up bike/wheelchair ramps when there are stairs. Fat people usually.

Basically you don't like that fat... I know that feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Exneigh wrote: »
    Basically you don't like that fat... I know that feeling.

I HATE fatsos. They should be mocked and ridiculed by society rather than revered and praised for accomplishing certain goals (Minister Harney, Michael Moore, Phil Taylor, Michelle McManus pfffffff).

Poking sticks should be sent out as part of a NDP for thin people to poke fat people until they cry and realise that they are lard lumps. Fat ****s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

People who bug you for ages to teach them how to do something and then blatantly refuse to learn to do it...

(My mother is notorious for this.. she keeps asking me to teach her how to use programs on her computer, and then about 5 minutes into me trying to show her she just goes "oh forget it you do it." She never learns anything.. just gets everyone else to do it for her.)

Casually racist or ignorant people: case in point, one of my housemates recently said she could never go out with a man who wasn't Irish, she's getting her hair cut and dyed the day before she goes on her J1 because she wouldn't trust their "funny hairdressers" (in the States?!?!) and everytime somebody foreign is on the TV she and one of the other girls start laughing "Oooh look at that, listen to his funny accent" etc. I mean, I'm not precious about race or anything, I generally have to scan the room before cracking a joke tbh...but I'm starting to suspect she really means it.

Sounds like she'll fit right in in the states

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

People that drive on the speed limit, when you have hot food in your car that you want to eat at home before it goes cold!

Women drivers!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

ratmouse wrote: »
    - People who say "Can you learn me how to play the guitar" instead of "Can you teach me"

- People who are from a county outside Dublin who go to college in Dublin and after a month or less have a full blown D4 accent - it just doesn't make sense.

- When people with really bad body odour try on clothes in a fitting room - not only do they stink the fitting rooms, they stink the clothes that they are trying on also.

- People who buy clothes, wear them whilst leaving the tags on and then return them to the shop for a cash refund when they've gotten their use out of the clothes - disgusting and so stingey.

- People, usually girls, who spend a night out getting blokes, who they usually have absolutley no interest in, to buy them drinks.

- People who haven't got the foggiest notion how to undertake even the seasiset of household duties or DIY jobs, eg, change a light bulb, tune in a tv,etc.

Sorry but as guy, that's the lads fault. Stop offering women drinks in the hope you oblige them into shagging you! If you want to buy someone a beer, buy a mate a beer (better if it's a male mate).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

This thread actually typifies one of the things that pisses me off most about people, particularly on boards.ie - those who get pissed off and insult people for using improper grammar or spelling. I used to be that kind of person, but then I grew up and realised that the goal of language is communication - if you can understand what they're saying, then the OP had succeeded. If you truly can't understand the post, then it's actually more likely that you are the idiot, rather than the OP.

The thing I hate most about that is the fact that those people always try to reply with a witty comment about the OP's grammar/spelling, completely overlooking the thread otherwise.

People, will you just get off your damned high horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

• Fat people in the supermarket who throw in all kinds of junk into the trolley, also fat people in takeaways p!sses me off.
    • People who take ages at ATM's - especially the ones who wait till they're actually at the machine and THEN they go rummaging in their bag for their card. Have it ready, FFS!
    • People who walk really slow. When I'm in a hurry. GTFO of my way!
    • Bossy people.
    • Know it alls
    • Unfriendly people - I always have a smile for everyone, the least you can do is smile back instead of grunt, I don't care how bad of a mood you're in, a quick smile costs nothing!
    There's probably more, but that's all I can think of ATM..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Sorry but as guy, that's the lads fault. Stop offering women drinks in the hope you oblige them into shagging you! If you want to buy someone a beer, buy a mate a beer (better if it's a male mate).

Yeah I've never done this and I've been told by girls I know not to do this. I'll buy a drink for a friend I have who is a girl and she'll buy me it back but this is not something to do as an icebreaker or with some girl you just met as it is all too often exploited.

If a girl is actually into you, it won't matter whether you buy her a drink or not. You'll quickly find out if she asks and decline her kind offer of using your money to pay for her drink if she is actually into you.

I've never actually been asked explicitly to buy a drink for a girl either. Maybe I don't look like a sucker or maybe I just look poor :(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cormb

Wear PJs to the shops
    Sit in the overtaking lane on motorways going way under the limit
    drive taxies
    QUOTE]

ya get my vote on those ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BattyInNZ

jester77 wrote: »

People who decide to go rooting for their wallet or purse after all their shopping has been scanned through...

oooh that does my head in! Did they not KNOW they had to pay??????? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

BattyInNZ wrote: »
    oooh that does my head in! Did they not KNOW they had to pay??????? :D

I do this sometimes. Usually I pack my stuff in bags while the stuff is being scanned to speed up my getaway. I usually have my stuff packed by the time they hit total and sometimes I've not had time to get my wallet out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tracie101

....people who munch really loudly!!

they munch on crisps, biscuits whatever seems to make the most noise and they usually do it when im tryin to watch tv or do an assignment!! its all i can hear then.

MUNCH, MUNCH, MUNCH!!!

so annoying... aghhh!!! :mad:

oh and liars.. cant stand liars.

thebman wrote: »
    I do this sometimes. Usually I pack my stuff in bags while the stuff is being scanned to speed up my getaway. I usually have my stuff packed by the time they hit total and sometimes I've not had time to get my wallet out.

How about using the time in getting to the tills to get that ready? You generally have a fairly good idea what to have ready ( Sum of Money/Card). I've tried it and it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Question.
    Are these housemates of yours also from Cork?
    If so, awesome irony...

They're from Cork, but less of the "also" if you please, I just live here :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

We cant all be pirates

Fair point! We're all allowed the odd spelling mistake though surely? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

ratmouse wrote: »
    Fair point! We're all allowed the odd spelling mistake though surely? :D

No, not here. Door is that way buddy --->

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭mandysmithers

masonman wrote: »
    How about using the time in getting to the tills to get that ready? You generally have a fairly good idea what to have ready ( Sum of Money/Card). I've tried it and it works

Well, say if you take your money/card/wallet out at the start, what do you do with it while you're packing your stuff away? I don't want to be leaving it on the counter while I'm distracted, and not keeping an eye on it. Generally you'll be using both hands to put your shopping into the bags, so it's handy to just leave your money in your bag/pocket, and take it out at the end.

On a side note, I would never ask a guy if he wanted to buy me a drink!! Do girls actually do this??? I'd be embarrassed to ask something like that. If I was chatting to a guy for a while and he offered to buy me one I'd say yes if I liked him and was intending on staying around for a while, but I'd offer to buy the next one.

Advertisement