Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I hate people who......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

Well, say if you take your money/card/wallet out at the start, what do you do with it while you're packing your stuff away? I don't want to be leaving it on the counter while I'm distracted, and not keeping an eye on it. Generally you'll be using both hands to put your shopping into the bags, so it's handy to just leave your money in your bag/pocket, and take it out at the end.

if from SOME reason you can't hold it at the same time ( last time I checked its is pretty easy to hold a note or card at the same time as packing) simply put it in an easily accessible pocket or somewhere you can get it quickly if needed. Its not rocket science

Yes, Leaving it on the counter would be stupid and I don't remember suggesting that

The problem here is people who take so long getting their money/cards/change out of their purses/rucksack-like bags and hold everyone up

People can be more considerate by being just a little bit better organised

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

masonman wrote: »
    if from SOME reason you can't hold it at the same time ( last time I checked its is pretty easy to hold a note or card at the same time as packing) simply put it in an easily accessible pocket or somewhere you can get it quickly if needed. Its not rocket science

Yes, Leaving it on the counter would be stupid and I don't remember suggesting that

The problem here is people who take so long getting their money/cards/change out of their purses/rucksack-like bags and hold everyone up

People can be more considerate by being just a little bit better organised

it's actually not as easy as you'd think. packing stuff is a fairley hectic process as things are scanned through very fast and pile up. it's much handier to take your money out at the end than have it out and risk losing it or having it nicked.

If a person is going to bitch about bieng held up for twenty seconds, then they deserve to be held up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I hate...
    • People who park in disabled spaces
    • People (school kids) who roar, shout, sing and generally cock about at the back of the bus.
    • People who complain to staff in shops/restaurants for things that are completely out of their power (I've never been on the receiving end, I've seen it happen though, and it is just bloody unfair)
    • Twonks who insist on revving up their Honda Civic on a public road, spin their wheels. and generally act the ****** on the roads (We get it, you have a small penis)
    • People who give their own running commentary on something you are trying to watch on tv.
    • People who talk in the cinema, especially when they say somethnig completely pointless (eg. a scene comes on where it is snowing "Oh it's snowing!" *FACEPALM*)
    • Teenaged girls who talk like American airheads, using words like "Oh my gawwd he'd so haaawt!!" "Oh my god like, that song, like, sucked" NO SANE PERSON TALKS LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And breath:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

How about using the time in getting to the tills to get that ready? You generally have a fairly good idea what to have ready ( Sum of Money/Card). I've tried it and it works

I can't hold a wallet or cash in one hand and pack with the other. I need two hands to pack my bags.

I don't know how much it will cost. It takes approximately 10 seconds for me to take my debit card out of my wallet including the time taken to remove it from my wallet. You won't miss that time from your life.

I hate people that take 12 minutes to find their money but I don't group myself with those fools.
    I hate...

People who park in disabled spaces
    And breath:o

Wait, wait, wait, you hate people that park in disabled spaces? They are disabled you evil person! :P

it's actually not as easy as you'd think. packing stuff is a fairley hectic process as things are scanned through very fast and pile up..

Granted ( How ever overly dramatic you made it sound):p
    it's much handier to take your money out at the end than have it out and risk losing it or having it nicked.
    Granted. But my arguement is to have it in an easy to reach pocket/place on your person( this can be done before you get to the till) as apposed to rumaging through Bags and Purses( there is no need for this) - A lot of people manage to do it easily without the baggage ( pardon the pun)

If a person is going to bitch about bieng held up for twenty seconds, then they deserve to be held up.

Flawless logic :rolleyes: So if something annoys you you deserve it? - I guess the mods can close a sh*t load of threads on Boards.ie - A simple note "Ah you deserve it" should suffice :D

• Advertisement

thebman wrote: »
    You won't miss that time from your life.
    On the contrary, collectively..I will and it will still annoy me

I hate people that take 12 minutes to find their money but I don't group myself with those fools.

So, "12" minutes is the cut off point to not being considered a hypocrite? :rolleyes:

What makes me think you pulled that figure out of your....anyway I would group you in with "those fools" as YOU so delicately put it

On the contrary, collectively..I will and it will still annoy me

So, "12" minutes is the cut off point to not being considered a hypocrite? :rolleyes:

What makes me think you pulled that figure out of your....anyway I would group you in with "those fools" as YOU so delicately put it

Sorry you didn't explain what people are supposed to do with the money in my hand that now prevents me packing the bag.

One poster suggested I put it in an easy to reach place. Apparently this does not include a pocket as that does not allow me to instantaneously produce the money to the person behind the counter as soon as they demand it as you demand (and I'm not going to leave it to be nicked).

Please enlighten the world as to how I can instantly produce money and use my two hands to pack bags at the same time. Oh right, it can't be done. you need to use both hands to pack bags and then you produce the money when the cashier is ready to take it (ie. after she scans the items). So would you prefer I produce the cash instantly and pack the bags afterwards or pack the bags and hand over the cash when the cashier is ready to take it?

Conclusion you don't even know yourself. You just allow yourself to made angry by things that don't make any difference. I can't save you from that, you might want to get professional help :rolleyes:

Sorry you didn't explain what people are supposed to do with the money in my hand that now prevents me packing the bag.

Actually I think I did, an issue with multi-tasking may have prevented you from reading what I wrote :p

Please enlighten the world as to how I can instantly produce money and use my two hands to pack bags at the same time. Oh right, it can't be done. you need to use both hands to pack bags and then you produce the money when the cashier is ready to take it (ie. after she scans the items). So would you prefer I produce the cash instantly and pack the bags afterwards or pack the bags and hand over the cash when the cashier is ready to take it?'
    Hello World :)

Where are my gloves puppets when I need them

The way to do it:

Get money/card ready ( using basic maths skills to approximate how much you owe- there can be a fairly big margin of error luckily)
    give items to cashier
    pack bags then give money to the cashier from Hand/Easily accessible pocket(its Fairly quick)

The way not to do it:
    give items to cashier
    pack bags
    rummage through oversized bag and or Purse for a while
    trying to find card/money
    EVENTUALLY give to cashier

Conclusion you don't even know yourself.

emmm I think I do ( the clue is in what I wrote) :D
    You just allow yourself to made angry by things that don't make any difference. I can't save you from that, you might want to get professional help :rolleyes:

Oblivious is a word that springs to mind.

Granted ( How ever overly dramatic you made it sound):p

dramatic my arse, you've clearly never been to Lidl or Aldi:D
    Granted. But my arguement is to have it in an easy to reach pocket/place on your person( this can be done before you get to the till) as apposed to rumaging through Bags and Purses( there is no need for this) - A lot of people manage to do it easily without the baggage ( pardon the pun)
    er...this is what has been anoying you...unless you've changed your mind:P

Flawless logic :rolleyes: So if something annoys you you deserve it? - I guess the mods can close a sh*t load of threads on Boards.ie - A simple note "Ah you deserve it" should suffice :D

nice job trying to twist my words. go back & read it and *try* tu understand now, there's a good boy:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭m3llowship

This entire post........

Well not really, I've gotten a few giggles from it. More so the people who browse boards.ie looking for grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors.

Remember, everyone is a bad ass on a keyboard, so you aren't really impressing anyone!

http://blogs.technet.com/photos/gray_knowlton/images/2998979/original.aspx

Also, you have all the time in the world to think of something witty when you're typing. I bet you crumble in the face of confrontation.

For any of those WebPowerLovers, I have purposely left three mistakes in this post, either spelling, grammer or punctuation. So go nuts!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Fight, fight, fight...

dramatic my arse, you've clearly never been to Lidl or Aldi:D

poor little soldier.

er...this is what has been anoying you...unless you've changed your mind:P

er...read, Its clear that I haven't, but have allowed for the fact that some people can't do two things at once

nice job trying to twist my words. go back & read it and *try* tu understand now, there's a good boy:rolleyes:

Yep, I have read again

And your words haven't changed :D Please enlightened me how EXACTLY a person would "deserve" it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

anyway I would group you in with "those fools" as YOU so delicately put it
    I can't save you from that, you might want to get professional help :rolleyes:

Quit bitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tracie101

The way to do it:

Get money/card ready ( using basic maths skills to approximate how much you owe- there can be a fairly big margin of error luckily)
    give items to cashier
    pack bags then give money to the cashier from Hand/Easily accessible pocket(its Fairly quick)

The way not to do it:
    give items to cashier
    pack bags
    rummage through oversized bag and or Purse for a while
    trying to find card/money
    EVENTUALLY give to cashier

ok say i get my money before giving items to cashier, i still have to "rummage through oversized bag and or purse" before giving items to cashier (which you say is the 'way to do it') so then im just holding up the queue before i give the items as opposed to after i have them packed..

same difference surly not?

poor little soldier.

er...read, Its clear that I haven't, but have allowed for the fact that some people can't do two things at once

Yep, I have read again

And your words haven't changed :D Please enlightened me how EXACTLY a person would "deserve" it

ah, bless, you're still trying. no matter how difficult you try to make it, a person is not going to be held up for more than 20 sconds:D

so... if a person actually gets upset over something as insignificant as their precious 20 seconds (as you obviously have:rolleyes:) then they've no bussines whining on a thread over it. try to keep up now;)

And what's so bad about Lidl & Aldi. they're great!:)

ah, bless, you're still trying. no matter how difficult you try to make it, a person is not going to be held up for more than 20 sconds:D

so... if a person actually gets upset over something as insignificant as their precious 20 seconds (as you obviously have:rolleyes:) then they've no bussines whining on a thread over it. try to keep up now;)

Mal-adjusted - The man with the stop watch.

Wow, you just plain avoided my question. Speaks volumes ;)
    And what's so bad about Lidl & Aldi. they're great!:)
    :confused::confused::confused:

C'est tout :rolleyes:

javaboy wrote: »
    Quit bitching.

This entire thread is just bitching :confused:
    Actually I think I did, an issue with multi-tasking may have prevented you from reading what I wrote :p

The way to do it:

give items to cashier

You just explained what I do and then gave out to me for it. You don't know what your talking about again :rolleyes:

The money is ready. It is in my pocket. You told me that wasn't good enough. I don't rummage, I know where I keep my money. I'm not an idiot. If you have to find it before you go through the checkout that is again your problem.

10 seconds to go from pocket to cashiers hand is not an unreasonable amount of time IMO. You seem to think it is which is why your arguing with me and then telling me to do what I do hurray!

I can't use the word in my mind, a mod would have to step in and then they'd have to post that stepping in to correct posts like mine is something they hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

i hate people who look at me in a strange way.........

poor little soldier.

Yep, I have read again

Mal-adjusted - The man with the stop watch.

Wow, you just plain avoided my question. Speaks volumes ;)

:confused::confused::confused:

C'est tout :rolleyes:

still haven't quite got the knack of reading, i see. don't worry, practice& it'll come to you. everything you need is right there.;)

This entire thread is just bitching :confused:

You just explained what I do and then gave out to me for it. You don't know what your talking about again :rolleyes:

The money is ready. It is in my pocket. You told me that wasn't good enough. I don't rummage, I know where I keep my money. I'm not an idiot. If you have to find it before you go through the checkout that is again your problem.

10 seconds to go from pocket to cashiers hand is not an unreasonable amount of time IMO. You seem to think it is which is why your arguing with me and then telling me to do what I do hurray!

I can't use the word in my mind, a mod would have to step in and then they'd have to post that stepping in to correct posts like mine is something they hate.

Copy my exact words which say its not good enough to have the money in your pocket ready and I'll shut up

Back to topic, sorry for hogging

never did know when to STFU :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Copy my exact words which say its not good enough to have the money in your pocket ready and I'll shut up

Back to topic, sorry for hogging

never did know when to STFU :D

Will you two stop arguing your ruining the thread and your going to get an infraction for threadspoiling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

i hate people who pick their nose.......

people who wear pj's out in the day.......

people who tell me what to do.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I can't stand people who dress their dogs like babies. Throwing a Santa hat on the pooch at Christmas time for a laugh is okay but feckin' diamond collars and Chanel jumpers for a dog? Downright creepy, not too mention a waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Acacia wrote: »
    I can't stand people who dress their dogs like babies. Throwing a Santa hat on the pooch at Christmas time for a laugh is okay but feckin' diamond collars and Chanel jumpers for a dog? Downright creepy, not too mention a waste of money.

To add to that, people who carry around their dogs either in a bag, with their head popping out, or just carrying them around like some wierd accessory.

It's just disgusting.

Paris Hilton has destroyed a generation of dog owners.

Poor Tinkerbell :(

Acacia wrote: »

To be fair, I'd rather see someone put a diamond collar on a dog
    that on a baby...

To add to that, people who carry around their dogs either in a bag, with their head popping out, or just carrying them around like some wierd accessory.

It's just disgusting.

Paris Hilton has destroyed a generation of dog owners.

Poor Tinkerbell :(

Agreed. I think I seen something on the Late Late Show a while ago about prams (:eek:) that you could buy to push around your little rat face mutt I mean , dog. I think the dog can walk on its own. I imagine it's none too comfortable for the dog, they don't really need clothes after all.

To be fair, I'd rather see someone put a diamond collar on a dog
    that on a baby...

Both are a bit un-neccessary, imo. It's like screaming ''look, I'm rich, me!"

Well, people spending stupid money on stupid things annoy me in general. Like there's some rapper who throws his runners away after wearing them once. :confused: Idiot of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Naos wrote: »
    What is this fast line you speak of?
    I think he means the lane I use for Overtaking. I can't remember the name of it.

It is the overtaking lane. There is no such thing as a fast lane and a slow lane, I know of no road where the speed limit is different between the two lanes!!
    I hate.....
    People who drive dangerously and aggressively
    People who tailgate especially with their lights on.
    People who enter the roundabout in the right hand lane and try to take the 2nd exit.
    People in general who don't know how to use roundabouts. They're not complicated, people!

Who call Tesco Tesco's

Goal Gold
    Cousin Cousint

Johannesburg Johannesberg
    Carvery Cavvery

Flaherty Flarety

Who the hell pronounces words like that? Well, Americans pronounce Flaherty incorrectly. But J'Burg? How could you tell the difference by pronunciation alone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

holly1 wrote: »
    People who start to tell you something and you say"you told me that before",but they just carry on anyway and go through the whole thing again.

I know people who do this. Who do they think they are? The story that was told the first time had, more than likely, bored me to tears and then I have to go through the experience again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Svalbard wrote: »
    It is the overtaking lane. There is no such thing as a fast lane and a slow lane, I know of no road where the speed limit is different between the two lanes!!

Actually there are slow lanes, but they are known as climbing lanes, but everyone always does like 120+km/h in the fast lane.

I hate.....
    People who enter the roundabout in the right hand lane and try to take the 2nd exit.

Agreed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Actually there are slow lanes, but they are known as climbing lanes, but everyone always does like 120+km/h in the fast lane.

Which is fine if its a motorway but otherwise......!

Irish drivers get a wee bit too excited when they see a dual carriageway or overtaking lane. I know what its like to be stuck behind a slow driver, I hate that too, but if they're doing the speed limit I don't see the point in overtaking someone at excessive speed only to slow down directly in front of them. Pointless!

are story toppers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I don't see the point in overtaking someone at excessive speed only to slow down directly in front of them. Pointless!

Pff. Eat my dust.

Im soooo winning. Ha!

/checks mirrors

*kissy face*

Abigayle wrote: »
    Pff. Eat my dust.

Im soooo winning. Ha!

/checks mirrors

*kissy face*

Wanna race for Pinks?

Which is fine if its a motorway but otherwise......!

Irish drivers get a wee bit too excited when they see a dual carriageway or overtaking lane. I know what its like to be stuck behind a slow driver, I hate that too, but if they're doing the speed limit I don't see the point in overtaking someone at excessive speed only to slow down directly in front of them. Pointless!

Who slows down in front of them? Thats just stupid!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Wanna race for Pinks?

im game, sallys gap ? :pac:

S.I.R wrote: »
    im game, sallys gap ? :pac:

Did you just bring it?
    Oh it's on...
    But first I think it's only fair I tell you something about myself...

I live my life a quarter mile at a time.
    Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bull****.
    For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.

P.S. Sally's Gap? Which level is that on in Gran Turismo???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Kieo

i hate people who, get to the till in the shops and have to root in their bags for their purses and then root in there purses for money. Or same thing on the bus....for gods sake peeps have your money ready.

Kieo wrote: »
    i hate people who, get to the till in the shops and have to root in their bags for their purses and then root in there purses for money. Or same thing on the bus....for gods sake peeps have your money ready.

JOin the Q!

Did you just bring it?
    Oh it's on...
    But first I think it's only fair I tell you something about myself...

I live my life a quarter mile at a time.
    Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bull****.
    For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.

P.S. Sally's Gap? Which level is that on in Gran Turismo???

its the section where you knick puntos/mercs/bmw's and race em

but theirs only one problem...

i go so hard its gonna be renamed " sallys gorge " ;)

• Advertisement

S.I.R. is after bringing it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Mark200 wrote: »
    Loud eaters

People who speak Irish for no reason

I haven't read the rest of the thread so my apologies if this has been refered to already, but what do you mean by this? How could you speak Irish for "no reason"? It's supposed to be our first language.

Average-Ro wrote: »
    I haven't read the rest of the thread so my apologies if this has been refered to already, but what do you mean by this? How could you speak Irish for "no reason"? It's supposed to be our first language.

i seldom pull out random irish words to confuse people....

i.e " ta, i says, i hit her up like a scene from a dirty Russian porn movie "

im great.

I just don't get the whole "speak Irish for no reason" thing. Do you need a reason to speak it now? Should I watch when I use Irish words?

I realise now that I'm coming across like an arrogant git, and my apologies for that. I'm just curious is all.

I just don't get the whole "speak Irish for no reason" thing. Do you need a reason to speak it now? Should I watch when I use Irish words?

I realise now that I'm coming across like an arrogant git, and my apologies for that. I'm just curious is all.

if everyone in the conversation speaks irish cool, if not, its just rude...

if you speak Irish style english irish words pop out.... its a given fact...

Ah right. I'm really tired and I didn't get what that guy was trying to say.

I'm fluent myself but yes, I agree; if it's an English conversation then it's rude.

Sorry again, I misunderstood what that guy was trying to say. Maybe I should just go to sleep....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

no not at all

Hitler spring to mind ?

no not at all

Hitler spring to mind ?

no

but surprisingly White surprisingly does. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

- discrimination against singles by people in relationships (just cos i'm single doesn't mean i'm as randy as a b.itch in heat and going to shág your boyfriend/gf)
    - people that write like this- 'Omg i luff yho baybie'
    - people that use real songs as ringtones- the 'real tone'..speaking of which ringtone ADS.
    - over-zealous boards moderators
    - inside jokes on boards
    - threads on boards that ask for info that would be quickly solved by using google (it probably brought you here genius)
    - think airports/flying has it's own dress code i.e wearing tracksuits/sports gear ??
    - ask to borrow my toothbrush
    - drunk heart-to-hearts and the fact that you so politely listened to them sh1teing on for ages about boyfriend/weight/money/confidence issues won't even get recognition because they'll have forgotten in the morning :rolleyes:
    - men wearing tank tops you look STUPID. if you're muscly you're a showoff nobody cares, if you arent stop trying to look buff.
    - start sentences with "I've to tell you a hilarious joke I heard it,it goes like this..." setting yourself up for failure there mate ;)
    - people who pick up d4 accents suspiciously quick (college heads from the bog in ucd etc coming home for xmas)
    - those who have the DESIRE to pick up a d4 accent
    - posers on bebo
    - when talking about pete doherty and english people say pete DOCKerty (he even uses this pronunciation himself (!?):eek:
    - the use of the words/phrases- peeps,kids (when addressing adults),'im giving this 150%' freaking,sweet
    -Smart replies on boards, i.e when people scan other people's posts for something to latch on to and criticize just so they can accumulate more "thanks from"s.
    - loud eaters,loud drinkers,people who snore - all goes without saying
    - Taxi drivers,hairdressers, who are too chatty.
    - give people with sh1te english te job of answering phones in the chinese/indian/dominos etc/ dunno who i feel sorry for, hungry me or the confused phone girl.
    - work in the Carphone Warehouse
    - fat people.
    - more so, fat people who said they've tried "every diet" and they "haven't worked", no YOU haven't worked. Put down the effing cookies
    - people who are clearly overweight but say they're just "curvy" , "real women" and hate skinny people (admit it you would if you could)
    - are from limerick and think they're gangster
    - are irish but want to be english :( i.e orangemen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I hate people who wake you up at 5:00 in the morning looking for you to open an already open door for them and then proceed to walk about severly drunk.And I have to be up at 7:00:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement