Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I hate people who......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I hate people who wake you up at 5:00 in the morning looking for you to open an already open door for them and then proceed to walk about severly drunk.And I have to be up at 7:00:mad:

*pat on the back*

There there, there there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

naasface wrote: »
    -Smart replies on boards, i.e when people scan other people's posts for something to latch on to and criticize just so they can accumulate more "thanks from"s.
    naasface wrote: »
    - give people with sh1te english te job of answering phones

Must resist making obvious smart reply...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

S.I.R. is after bringing it!!

Oh he's brought it it, set it down on the table and opened it.

Unfortunately, soon he will be pwned...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

People who call Crisps "crips" and call Ketchup "Red Sauce"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Leading on from what fiend-foe said.

Boggers that pronounce "umbro" as "umbrio"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

People who use "yez are" in a sentence. is this just a Dublin thing??
    IE: Get yez are act together :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Leading on from what fiend-foe said.

Boggers that pronounce "umbro" as "umbrio"

Umbero is just as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

The two-faced and spineless nature of most Irish people. Smiles all around, different story behind the back etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Fiend-Foe wrote: »
    People who call Crisps "crips" and call Ketchup "Red Sauce"
    Well it is red sauce. Ketchup, im just not that american yet. Tomato sauce if anything,

this requires an 'lol'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

I hate people who...

1. Curse at their children and threaten them. Always happens in shopping centres... 'i'll f***ing Kill you, ya little bas***d! These people are absolute scum and should be sterilised.

2. Spit, Especially when they spit on the street, right where you're about to walk. It's even worse in the summer when your wearing flip flops.

3. Skip queues.

4. Charge at you with their buggy when your out shopping and then get annoyed when people are in the way. Why the hell don't they just leave their kids in the care of one of their broods many potential fathers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

I hate when people say random.
    I hate people who litter.
    I hate when people say 'it caught me unawares'...I always thought it was just unaware?
    I hate when you're in a shop and the cashier puts your change on the counter when I've handed the money to them and my hand is out waiting for them to hand me back the change, it's so annoying.
    I hate people who take pictures of themselves in mirrors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 pinnyoshea

I hate people who think flatulence isn't funny...........when it clearly is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

JC06 wrote: »
    I hate when people say 'it caught me unawares'...I always thought it was just unaware?

Right up there with "I was a-scared of him, so I was..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 travel_bug

i hate people who:
    • take 10 minutes on boarding a plane to put their 5 pieces of hand luggage in the bin
    • as soon as the plane lands, the person sitting in the window seat in the back row wants to get up and get their bags, you aren't going anywhere for a while
    • chew gum and talk at the same time
    • come into a smoking area and bitch about the smoke, there's nowhere else for us to go
    • sit beside you when you're smoking and ask you to move. i've no problem if you were there first, but don't ask me to move when you arrive
    • complain about smoking kills, well i never killed anyone smoke driving like you do drunk driving, if i want to kill myself, that's my business
    • shop assistants who carry on conversations between themselves, and ignore you for the whole time you're waiting
    • push past you at the bar, just cos they're so much better than you and i haven't been waiting, don't worry about it
    • skip a queue
    • are rude for no reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

People in supermarkets who put ice cream in the detergent section, bread in the soft drinks, lettuce in the jams.

Are they dyslexic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

JC06 wrote: »
    I hate when you're in a shop and the cashier puts your change on the counter when I've handed the money to them and my hand is out waiting for them to hand me back the change, it's so annoying.

I hate people who take pictures of themselves in mirrors.

I hate handing my money directly to cashiers and having them hand it directly back. I don't want to touch their hand. I like places that use a little dish for putting the money in.
    In some countries (e.g. Spain) handing money directly from one person to another is considered rude. Even the corner shop uses one of those little dishes.

Anyway I win because no one can force me not to put my money on the counter and I wait an uncomfortably long time until the cashier puts my change on the counter. They hate me. I don't care 'cause I win!!!

As for people who take pics of themselves in a mirror. WTF!! Don't use internet dating so!!!

I also hate the way the Irish use the word 'ye' for you plural. It sounds crap. I know, I'm being blasphemous.
    I do it myself but am making a concerted effort not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I hate people who do not know how to indicate going around a roundabout. I also hate people who drive in the overtaking lane when overtaking nobody. I hate the idiot who decided to put up signs that say Slow Lane ahead when it is an overtaking lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

People who can't argue, they think disagreeing with you relentlessly is an argument.
    Women who expect you to read their minds

JangoFett wrote: »
    People who can't argue, they think disagreeing with you relentlessly is an argument.
    Women who expect you to read their minds

Yeah, also people who are antagonistic.

So, they are talking about something and you bring up a point, they dismiss what you have said as being wrong in some way, and keep doing it, finding ever more lateral ways to disagree with you all for the sake of making them sound like they know better than you.

I just stop talking to such people and avoid them forever, they are the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I hate people who:

Spend all their time whingeing about the gardai but support provo scum.
    Complain about the state of the country while never having worked or paid tax in their life.

Actually, thats 2 complaints about the same crowd.

• Advertisement

Svalbard wrote: »
    Yeah, also people who are antagonistic.

So, they are talking about something and you bring up a point, they dismiss what you have said as being wrong in some way, and keep doing it, finding ever more lateral ways to disagree with you all for the sake of making them sound like they know better than you.

I just stop talking to such people and avoid them forever, they are the worst.

I know someone who does exactly this. To the freakin letter of what you just said, makes my blood boil!

I know someone who does exactly this. To the freakin letter of what you just said, makes my blood boil!

I think they're mothers must have withheld love and approval from them.

That, or they're d**kheads.

Well it is red sauce. Ketchup, im just not that american yet. Tomato sauce if anything,

this requires an 'lol'

Its not American, its what its called. Says so on the bottle/packet.

Sweet chilli sauce is also red.

By this logic banannas should be called yellow fruit.

Its not American, its what its called. Says so on the bottle/packet.

Sweet chilli sauce is also red.

By this logic banannas should be called yellow fruit.

Look, there's Red Sauce and Brown Sauce. Mayonnaise if you're fancy.

If you hate saying Red sauce then you hate everything this country stands for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

m3llowship wrote: »
    This entire post........

More so the people who browse boards.ie looking for grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors.

Remember, everyone is a bad ass on a keyboard, so you aren't really impressing anyone!

http://blogs.technet.com/photos/gray_knowlton/images/2998979/original.aspx

Also, you have all the time in the world to think of something witty when you're typing. I bet you crumble in the face of confrontation.

For any of those WebPowerLovers, I have purposely left three mistakes in this post, either spelling, grammer or punctuation. So go nuts!

I agree. People looking for grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors is bad enough-pointing them out is even worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭DURKA-DURKA

you could just call it tomato sauce. or ketchup...or catsup.

hate people who are so bimboish as to think eskimo's are animals and asks me where Rome is!

No, not here. Door is that way buddy --->

I'm not your buddy. Also, from where I'm sitting, there is no door based on where your arrow is indicating. There's none on the other side either.

ratmouse wrote: »
    I agree. People looking for grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors is bad enough-pointing them out is even worse.

Hmmmmmmm. Can't see any errors here. You took a chance using that hyphen, but I think it worked out OK for you

Be honest, how many times did you reread that post before posting it?

then you hate everything this country stands for!

Maybe I do...

*Ducks*

Ah no, I know people died so I can have sauce on my brekkie roll, whatever they may call it.

• Advertisement

Maybe I do...

*Ducks*

Ah no, I know people died so I can have sauce on my brekkie roll, whatever they may call it.

I prefer to call it Brekko Roll

Maybe I do...

*Ducks*

Yup, back in '16 the GPO was a HP factory. Brings a tear to my eye.....

I prefer to call it Brekko Roll

Just leave....

Hmmmmmmm. Can't see any errors here. You took a chance using that hyphen, but I think it worked out OK for you

Be honest, how many times did you reread that post before posting it?

I only read it once, honestly! That was the whole reason for replying in agreement with the post! As for the hyphens, kind of living on the edge a bit, I know!

I only read it once, honestly! That was the whole reason for replying in agreement with the post! As for the hyphens, kind of living on the edge a bit, I know!

Once.....very slowly maybe. You definitely read this one about 4 times. Admit it, you've been burned by the grammar Nazis in the past. But now that you've cleaned up your act, you are beginning to turn to the dark side. Must....resist....urge.....to.......appear.....superior.....

oh you rebell!!!!!!!!! and yes i'm aware its a sentence fragment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

People who use the word 'simplistic'.

Nolanger wrote: »
    People who use the word 'simplistic'.

Ditto people who say "I feel nauseous". It's nauseated, godammit!

Once.....very slowly maybe. You definitely read this one about 4 times.

Lucky having pysic abilities,eh?

• Advertisement

Lucky having pysic abilities,eh?

Gotcha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Psyic? You were doing so well. ;)

and "syntax". stupid people who are so rigid in their olden days english writing that they dont understand the modern way!!!!!!!!!!

Gotcha

Well spotted. Esp. with such a subtle attempt at spelling errors.

and "syntax". stupid people who are so rigid in their olden days english writing that they dont understand the modern way!!!!!!!!!!

The way i see it is this: it's OK to use, ahem, 'modern' syntax if you realise it is incorrect. But hey, you're hip!!!

However if you don't know the difference you are a 'tard and probably wear tracksuit pants tucked into white socks. In essence, sub-human.

Well spotted. Esp. with such a subtle attempt at spelling errors.

It was pretty obvious actually

*breathes on nails and polishes them on sweater in very smug manner*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

say "addicting".

For example: Posting on boards is addicting.

The word is addictive. When the hell did this word start being used?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

My current major hate are the group of Germany and French people I work with but only in one aspect...other than this pet hate they are very nice people.

Why can't you people have your bus fare ready when the bus arrives so we can all get home from work a bit quicker. It's late, we're all tired and everyone else is thinking the same as me. Everyone else has their bus fare ready to go like a precision military attack, after all everyone has been standing at the same bus stop for 15 or 20mins...fare, ticket, sit down, next, fare, ticket, sit down, next but now it's your turn. Each one of you in a group of 11 people will wait until they reach the bus driver and then proceed to search for the change in handbags and wallets, even counting out the exact fare in small change...JUST THROW A 2 EURO COIN AT THE BLOODY DRIVER, HE HAS CHANGE!!!

Then when they do get their ticket they walk down the bus like they are going on a happy adventure on a nice sunny day with a big stupid grin on their faces...everyone else is tired, angry, needs a drink and probably wants to punch them!

It was pretty obvious actually

*breathes on nails and polishes them on sweater in very smug manner*

Well, I thought it was the best way to spell psychic intentionally incorrectly. Could have ran with sykick either I suppose.
    Anyway, reinforces the point regarding the annoyance of people in receipt of pleasure from pointing out spelling and grammatical errors.

My current major hate are the group of Germany and French people I work with but only in one aspect...other than this pet hate they are very nice people.

Why can't you people have your bus fare ready when the bus arrives so we can all get home from work a bit quicker. It's late, we're all tired and everyone else is thinking the same as me. Everyone else has their bus fare ready to go like a precision military attack, after all everyone has been standing at the same bus stop for 15 or 20mins...fare, ticket, sit down, next, fare, ticket, sit down, next but now it's your turn. Each one of you in a group of 11 people will wait until they reach the bus driver and then proceed to search for the change in handbags and wallets, even counting out the exact fare in small change...JUST THROW A 2 EURO COIN AT THE BLOODY DRIVER, HE HAS CHANGE!!!

Then when they do get their ticket they walk down the bus like they are going on a happy adventure on a nice sunny day with a big stupid grin on their faces...everyone else is tired, angry, needs a drink and probably wants to punch them!

Inefficient Germans!?! Only in Ireland.

"Germany people" lol
    Well, I thought it was the best way to spell psychic intentionally incorrectly. Could have ran with sykick either I suppose.
    Anyway, reinforces the point regarding the annoyance of people in receipt of pleasure from pointing out spelling and grammatical errors.

Why can't you just admit you made a mistake? You were the one admonishing grammar Nazis. Everyone makes mistakes dude, no judgment :). It might appear that I'm better than you, but it really doesn't matter. You need to rise above the little things my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

"Germany people" lol

See thats how tired I am right now after a 10 hour shift and I still have to get the bus home...lousy germany people:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement