Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I hate people who......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

the people in school who say hi to the really weird guy, thinking they're being nice..
    they know they're not being nice, 'cause they dont say "Oh hi John*! Good weekend?" they say "Hey, John!! *snigger*, ahaha guys did you see that, he just looked at me!"
    being nice to someone when your not really being nice to them isnt being nice, stop trying to justify yourself by saying that you didnt say anything insulting..

its not what you say its how/why you say it .

people who are really loud/always have to be center of attention.

people who just dont cause 'cause they're that cool :cool:

people who make a big deal out of everything.

people who love themselves, but try to pass off their arrogant self obsessed comments as jokes - we all know you meant it !

people who chew loudly/with their mouths open.. so rude!

when you tell someone what you dont like (eg, people touching your feet/hair/neck), and they then make it their mission to do it.

people who are able to study :(

think that's about all for now :)

* i dont actually know a weird guy called John

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

- People who love to see cigarette prices go up but cringe about other nasties like petrol prices/drink going up - selfish bunch those
    - People who actually like working in an open-plan office, you know the type
    - Rich people who are stingy
    - Pretentious twats
    - People, when talking about something like the North or Gaza - "ah sure, they are both as bad as one other"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Mont wrote: »
    People who actually like working in an open-plan office, you know the type

What's wrong with liking open-plan offices?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

What's wrong with liking open-plan offices?

i hate people like you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

I hate people who, after seeing a freshly posted topic, post the first reply with the sole intention of getting a load of thanks. FCUKING STOP DOING THAT SH!T!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

Short guys who get all worked up at the mention of the words tiny/little/small etc, even when you are not talking about them.

People who dish it out but can't take a bit of slagging thenselves.

People who say "I can't make tea".....prove it and make me a cup!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Short guys who get all worked up at the mention of the words tiny/little/small etc, even when you are not talking about them.

On the other hand being short :P , people who when told to do something by someone senior in work call it (if their short) a napoleon complex where the same order from a taller member is assertiveness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭LaMer

Work related- ring in to a call centre about something while in a loud environment, walking alongside a road, in a busy shop, driving, people need to realise hearing wind gushing into a phone isnt making it any easier to hear you, ring when you're not being drowned out by something!
    That's an annoying one, or else they ring from a pub with their mates and talk to their mates at the same time as you etc. etc.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    On the other hand being short :P , people who when told to do something by someone senior in work call it (if their short) a napoleon complex where the same order from a taller member is assertiveness.

I think that can sometimes be the case but others the short guy conveys his point in an agressive manner because he feels being agressive will only breed results. But I'm not soley talking about work related issues. I am talking about situations when having the craic in the pub:)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 timeforheroes01

The Impossible Self Service Machines in our tesco..

and at the same time i also hate when people cant use it.. which falls in to the catagory of everyone..

oh no

• Advertisement

The Impossible Self Service Machines in our tesco..

and at the same time i also hate when people cant use it.. which falls in to the catagory of everyone..

oh no

Yeah I hate them too...They are not even properly self service. You need assistance to buy booze, knives, cottonwool (too light for the scales), DVDs etc. This basically means my whole shopping has to be put through by the till girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Short guys who get all worked up at the mention of the words tiny/little/small etc, even when you are not talking about them. quote]

someone clearly saw Grey's Anamtmy tonight! ^^:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yeah I hate them too...They are not even properly self service. You need assistance to buy booze, knives, cottonwool (too light for the scales), DVDs etc. This basically means my whole shopping has to be put through by the till girl.

What do you have planned for the week exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

say really...really stupid things.

Was talking to a girl there last night, told her I was probably going to go to vietnam, she goes "What if ya get killed?"
    I ask her..how exactly would I 'get killed'?

Her diamond answer "Well isn't there, like, a war between america and them going on?"

I was speechless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Janicus

People who use those ridiculously over sized golf umbrellas and then insist on walking close to people not only drowning them with rain run off and poking them in the eye with the spokes. Grr! :mad:

Short guys who get all worked up at the mention of the words tiny/little/small etc, even when you are not talking about them. quote]

someone clearly saw Grey's Anamtmy tonight! ^^:D

Nope I'm probably the only girl I know that doesn't watch it. Hospital stuff freaks me out :p Fill me in ..what's the link to my pet hate?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

SV wrote: »
    Her diamond answer "Well isn't there, like, a war between america and them going on?"

I was speechless

:eek: seriously??that's terrifying....

i really hate drivers who don't like using their indicators and sales assitants who carry on their conversations while serving you:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Overblood wrote: »
    I hate people who, after seeing a freshly posted topic, post the first reply with the sole intention of getting a load of thanks. FCUKING STOP DOING THAT SH!T!!!!

That puts an end to post of the day so.

Is that what you want to see happen?

Well is it?

:pac:
    Don't you realise that if a post like that gets a lot of thanks it has pleased some people or made them laugh or just cheered up their day?
    ;)

/and before you ask,no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I hate people that think you cant say certain words/phrases because you are Irish, words such as mom/mum/cell phone/awesome for an example!

Really bugs me.

Oh and when you pronounce tomatoe and potatoe differently!

• Advertisement

Oh and when you pronounce tomatoe and potatoe differently!

or spell them differently teeheehee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Wow 400 + posts for this thread. Us Irish are a miserable people! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Fúck you buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

i hate people who thinks they are better than everyone else...

i hate people who chew gum with their mouth opened...

i hate people who drive around in open top cars.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

or spell them differently teeheehee!

Have no idea why i put an 'e' on the end of them words, i thought that they looked weird.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Big Wave wrote: »
    D*ckheads in nightclubs with whistles.

Does this still happen?:eek::o

Haven't been to a nightclub in over 15 years.

Hate people who fart in confined spaces.
    Unless it is I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

People who change their name on bebo to match their mood/relationship status etc
    People who put up pics that they nicked from someone elses bebo page
    people who WRit3 LiKE Th15 on bebo
    People who have so many applications on their bebo page that it takes a week to get to their comments
    People who add 29873 photos at a time on bebo
    People who shout one more tune at me. No....im finished playing and i'm going home.
    People who aske me to play some good music and when i ask 'like what' they say 'i dunno'
    People who shout in my ear in a club so loud that i cant hear the music for the rest of the night
    People who say 'Will you ask the dj to play x' Me: 'Why should i' Response: 'cos your a dj aswell'
    People who tell me i should like something just because they do.
    People who think rugby tackling me in the middle of the street and 4 in the morning is funny because we are drunk. Its not and it fcuking hurts.
    People who read over my shoulder
    People who say 'You need a good woman' i dont, really i dont
    People who say 'You'l never guess who i bumped into/what i saw/where i was
    People who try to make me jealous even though i dumped them
    People who leave rubbish in my car
    People who interrupt me
    People who say 'What would you do if you won the lotto?'
    People who say i should do the lotto
    I have more but i'm tired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

joes girls wrote: »

What's wrong with that? They're just exercising their right to feel superior to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

i hate people been superior............:):p:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ah here's another idea Adrian Kennedy took from Boards lastnight :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Mont wrote: »
    - People who love to see cigarette prices go up but cringe about other nasties like petrol prices/drink going up

+1

- People who use the excuse "Theres more to life than evidence" on subjects of paranormal etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

i hate people who walk around with hair like they've stood in a wind tunnel. (you know the ones. they can be found in dundrum town centre).

i hate people who dont flush the toilet.

And i especially hate people who walk around with hair like they've stood in a wind tunnel and dont flush the toilet. that really grinds my gears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

super-rush wrote: »
    People who shout one more tune at me. No....im finished playing and i'm going home.
    People who aske me to play some good music and when i ask 'like what' they say 'i dunno'
    People who shout in my ear in a club so loud that i cant hear the music for the rest of the night
    People who say 'Will you ask the dj to play x' Me: 'Why should i' Response: 'cos your a dj aswell'

We get it your a dj:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Riddle101 wrote: »

Woman: Heath Ledger was so hot in the Dark Knight.
    Me: Yeah he also happened to play the role of The Joker very well, he was a great actor :)

fixed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

i hate people who look at me in a strange way.........
    Hell yeah.
    Or strangers who're exactly beside me and turn their head 90 degrees to stare at me for no reason... I think they assume because I've got glasses on that I don't have peripheral vision or something. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

People who change their name on bebo to match their mood/relationship status etc
    People who put up pics that they nicked from someone elses bebo page
    people who WRit3 LiKE Th15 on bebo
    People who have so many applications on their bebo page that it takes a week to get to their comments
    People who add 29873 photos at a time on bebo

I hate bebo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

I hate people (men-folk specifically) who stand right next to you at the urinals, even though there's exactly 43 free ones either side of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

i hate people been superior............:):p:)

I hate people who get upset when I correct their grammar mistakes. :)
    I hate customers who think that I'm there to put up with their shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

I hate people who get upset when I correct their grammer mistakes.
    I hate customers who think that I'm there to put up with their shyte.

grammar
    shite

Ohhhh yeah... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Grammar I corrected myself but you were quick on the draw :D and I spelt shyte with a 'y' to avoid the censor.

I hate myself when I'm wrong. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

I hate ugly people:pac:

I hate people who have nicer cars than mine.

I hate them dating adds on tv at night with the two hot girls dancing around in there underwear ffs as if they will be on it.

• Advertisement

We get it your a dj:D

Don't judge me, i had a bad night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I hate dj's who think they are superior to everyone else in the club and bop up and down with one hand on their ear while trying to look important. AND while pretending that noone's looking at them up there, when you're not really, you're just looking at the muppet bopping up and down with his hand over his ear trying to look important.

Kimia wrote: »
    I hate dj's who think they are superior to everyone else in the club and bop up and down with one hand on their ear while trying to look important. AND while pretending that noone's looking at them up there, when you're not really, you're just looking at the muppet bopping up and down with his hand over his ear trying to look important.

I dont know why they put their hand over their ear like that, its of no benefit at all.
    I hate people who are rude to the dj. You wouldn't be like that to the bouncers or the bar staff.
    I hate people who say 'do you want a cup of tea' and when you say no they say how about coffee, fizzy drink, milk, water, sandwich. Stop making me feel uncomfortable.
    I hate people who scrape the butter they dont use back on the side of the tub.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 brenchman

PEOPLE WHO HUNT!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

That's what Lee Harvey Oswald said...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

brenchman wrote: »
    PEOPLE WHO HUNT!!
    And I hate people who hate hunting but go specifically to a hunting forum and read hunting threads just so they can complain, like the stereotypical Irish grandmother reading Playboy in order to be scandalised.

People who actually don't like hunting, them I can live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 brenchman

Sparks wrote: »
    And I hate people who hate hunting but go specifically to a hunting forum and read hunting threads just so they can complain, like the stereotypical Irish grandmother reading Playboy in order to be scandalised.

playboy, now your talkin my language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Drink on the morning train and sit close to me.. They're sixty, have earrings and drink carlsberg at 7.55 AM. I mean WTF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Sparks wrote: »

grandmother reading playboy who reads playboy. Man sunday dinner must have been brilliant at your grandmothers house,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

oh ya i hate students who feel its their duty cos its rag week to make as big a mess as they can and get Mammy and Daddy to sort it out.

Also i hate rag weeks in general. Am newsflash people the majority of students are over 18 ye can drink any time whats so special about rag week.

and i am a student too just dont get it

Advertisement