Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMAX

Options
  • 15-03-2009 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Gonna go see this sweet little film over in UK. On Imax, aw hell yes.

Anyone know the best (biggest) Imax screen?

Was certain scenes filmed in the Imax high-def?

Will it be 3d/stereoscopic?

Will it be 2.40:1 or will it be cropped to fit the 1.44:1?

I'm all about the details. Just like the Devil.

140 minutes of rebooted rejuvenated Trek. Excellent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Don't think any scenes were specifically shot for IMAX format ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Doesn't IMAX need to be shot on something like 75mm, as opposed to standard 35mm?

Was just taking a gander at BFIs website: http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_imax/coming_soon/star_trek_the_imax_experience

And it appears that has been remastered to utilize a "maximized field of view" which sort've sounds like proper IMAX (is it? Im not an IMAX-guru :)). Well, that's me sold. I reckon tickets will be going on sale over the next 7 days, as their current film schedule is all the way up to May 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

god damit i wish we still had an Imax bloody screen , what was the problem ? people say oh the location was bad , parnell st was perfect , point to the fact thier is still a cinema on the spot and i go to cineworld 2-3 month and its always fairly bussy.
    The problem was when it was here they showed all those Space Shuttle, Mount Everest cr*p, yes i went to see one when it was there and they are good to watch to a point, but people dont want to see that stuff all the time people want to see real movies most of the time.

Typical our Imax goes bust before they started showing acutally movies like Batman Begins , Harry Potter , Spiderman 3, The Dark Knight , Star Wars , now the new Star Trek.

basically i just hate you and i am jealous klingon hamlet....you klingon targ.

IMAX tickets on sale now and have grabbed myself a couple :)

Looking forward to it + lots of positive reviews are trickling through now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Any cinemas over here showing it digitally? Not IMAX obviously but through a 2K digital projector? Funds are low so it's the 2nd best option...

I think maybe Movies@Dundrum has a dedicated digital screen?

Advertisement