Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTrip

• 15-03-2009 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi all

I have an old iPod (I think 2nd generation...) that I want to give to my dad but he's looking to be able to connect it to a stereo in the house and doesn't want to bother buying a docking station.

I was wondering if an iTrip would be the thing for him to get. I know (or at least I think!) they are not Apple branded so I am wondering if indeed they are any good and if so what brand could you recommend over another... I've come across a few Griffin Technology ones on eBay... ANy good?

THanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭smythire

i have one. not too impressed with it, it is a bit low end quility. i think they sell something like it in O2 shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Docking station gives you CD quality sound (with >= 192kbps), iTrip gives you fm radio quality.

You don't have to have a dock, you can just get a cable that has a dock connector on one end and two RCA plugs on the other, or even one that has a 3.5mm stereo plug instead of the dock connector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

lauratkd wrote: »
    Hi all

I have an old iPod (I think 2nd generation...) that I want to give to my dad but he's looking to be able to connect it to a stereo in the house and doesn't want to bother buying a docking station.

I was wondering if an iTrip would be the thing for him to get. I know (or at least I think!) they are not Apple branded so I am wondering if indeed they are any good and if so what brand could you recommend over another... I've come across a few Griffin Technology ones on eBay... ANy good?

THanks!

Your stereo probably has an audio/line in.

Did you get a dock with your iPod? And a cable?

Then you should be able to plug the iPod into the stereo with that cable. That's what I do with my iPhone.

iPhone->dock->3.5mm cable->stereo line in

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

I only got a usb cable and charger cable with my iPod at the time. Nothing as fancy as what comes with the new iPhone I'm sure ;)
    Also, I am looking for something that will work with a car stereo as well....

Advertisement