Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do re;Expired Doamin?

Options
  • 15-03-2009 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm after a certain .com domian rteg and its been registered in the pat by an individual. However, records now **** it has expired.

When i go to seeking it I get this - NOTICE: This domain name expired on ??/02/2009 and is pending renewal or deletion.

It was registed with godaddy and technically is available but I've tried to register it to no avail?.

How can I get my mits on it?:D

Advice please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

There's normally a 1-month grace period in case someone has forgotten to renew it. Try again 30 days after the date shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Have you tried the domain name back order facility on GoDaddy? Allows you request a domain and you should get first bite IF the grace period expires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

D.W wrote: »
    Have you tried the domain name back order facility on GoDaddy? Allows you request a domain and you should get first bite IF the grace period expires.

would this give the original regestrant the "heads up"?:pac:

would this give the original regestrant the "heads up"?:pac:

The origional fella has been given the heads up-his registrar must advise him the domain has expired and he has 30 days to renew. I think with what I suggested above GoDaddy will act on your behalf to get the domain-you'll probably pay a few $ more-not much and no doubt worth it IF they get it for you. You have nothing to lose IMO going this route....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

D.W wrote: »
    The origional fella has been given the heads up-his registrar must advise him the domain has expired and he has 30 days to renew. I think with what I suggested above GoDaddy will act on your behalf to get the domain-you'll probably pay a few $ more-not much and no doubt worth it IF they get it for you. You have nothing to lose IMO going this route....

thanks!;)

• Advertisement

NP-hope you get it now!:)

Advertisement