Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crash maynooth

Options
  • 15-03-2009 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Did anyone hear about the woman that was killed last night on the old dublin road in maynooth

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

heard briefly that it happened on the Dublin rd in Maynooth, and it was a 27 YO woman who died. Driver of the car, female in her 40's was arrested at the scene suspected of drink driving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Hi yea Chew.Did anyone hear where they are from ??

holly1 wrote: »
    Hi yea Chew.Did anyone hear where they are from ??
    I honestly have not heard where either are from. Sorry! The lady driver was released and a file sent to the DPP. thats all I know I'm afraid! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

i was told the guards were outside tesco, didnt know it was for that, luckily i took the motorway, i would normally insert a comment about women drivers being awful , and while this may be true its still a sad story

i was told the guards were outside tesco, didnt know it was for that, luckily i took the motorway, i would normally insert a comment about women drivers being awful , and while this may be true its still a sad story
    It is very sad. regardless of whether it was a female driver or not, what the fook were they thinking? Really? there is absolutely no need for drink driving in this day and age. no need whatsoever. But may she be punished for a very very long time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ashisback

someone told me it's a traveller. They live on that road

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

ashisback wrote: »
    someone told me it's a traveller. They live on that road

that was killed or doing the drink driving ,

if its doing the driving im not surprised , ive regularly seen them under some kind of influence going in and out of that haulting site.

if its a traveller killed, as sad as it is ill reserve my true feelings on the matter for off the internet

that was killed

Regardless of whether the deceased is a traveler or not there is still a young woman dead. needlessly.

Regardless of whether the driver was a traveler or not she should still be locked up and the key thrown away.

how either person lived/lives their life should not even be considered at this awful time!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Indeed people..let's leave that aspect out of the debate..

• Advertisement

I was talking to someone and they said it was a travaller that was killed and a travaller that killed her there was a big fight in one of the pubs so there's going to be a travallers all over maynooth this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

This is really sad.

The news I heard was that it was a 27 year old traveller girl, she had 4 kids. she was killed by a women who was DUI.
    (Not confirmed, thats just what I heard)

Also on another note, my sister lives in leixlip, went out for 1 drink on saturday night, which turned into 5, so she left the car in the spar car park. came back at 8:15 the next morning to find a 50 euro fine for parkin there.
    How is this justified?

Tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Tallon wrote: »

Also on another note, my sister lives in leixlip, went out for 1 drink on saturday night, which turned into 5, so she left the car in the spar car park. came back at 8:15 the next morning to find a 50 euro fine for parkin there.
    How is this justified?

Tallon

Because it is a private car park.. She should have parked in the courtyard car park, its free in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I know that, it just seems crazy that she doesnt drink drive and gets a 50 euro fine.

Any way, found this on RTE:

"In Co Kildare on Saturday night, Ellen Laurence, aged 27, was killed when she was struck by a car as she crossed the Dublin Road in Maynooth."

Source

The woman that dead didn't have kids she wasn't even married the woman who killed her didn't have her lights on and didn't see her and she was done for for drink driving. The girl that dead was with her freind who had just done a first aid course and tryed to keep her alive but she knew that she was dead

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

Tallon wrote: »
    This is really sad.

The news I heard was that it was a 27 year old traveller girl, she had 4 kids. she was killed by a women who was DUI.
    (Not confirmed, thats just what I heard)

The lady who was killed was in college as a mature student. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

ya was confirmed that it was a traveller woman 27 who lives in the travellers park right beside the schene. Hope that woman gets a long time in jail. I don't see it as a problem having 1/2 pints or glass of wine but someone getting behind the wheel with 5 and more knowing that it's wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 marcus_on

i think the drink limit should be zero - if you are going to drive - your not to drink.... end of. Common sense!

RIP to that girl

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

marcus_on wrote: »
    i think the drink limit should be zero - if you are going to drive - your not to drink.... end of. Common sense!

RIP to that girl

There must be a reason why there is no 0 tolerance level.

Advertisement