Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupidest reason for being dumped

Options
  • 15-03-2009 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭

What's the stupidest reason a man's ever given you for breaking up with you?
    Or the stupidest reason you've given someone to dump them, if you prefer!:P

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

''I just don't love you anymore''.

pfft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Harsh!

Where do men like that even come from?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Lol, its not just girls will be replying in this thread, you know!

Usually they just suddenly stop talking to me with no explanation stop answering texts or phone calls or not wanting to meet up anymore. Eventually I get the message.

Come to think of it, I've never gotten an explanation, they just suddenly change their behaviour and stop talking to me. Its happened a couple of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Lol, its not just girls will be replying in this thread, you know!

Usually they just suddenly stop talking to me with no explanation stop answering texts or phone calls or not wanting to meet up anymore. Eventually I get the message.

Come to think of it, I've never gotten an explanation, they just suddenly change their behaviour and stop talking to me. Its happened a couple of times.

Jaysus, a couple of times? What kind of rude chicken shits do you date? (No offence!)

I've just gotten the usual "I don't think we're meant to be" kind of excuses but that's fair enough, no bother there if things aren't working, it's just the way it was done on both occasions was a bit immature (get me locked, break the news to me and leave my brother take me home and the other was by email....fun times! :D)

Bah all good now, they did me a big favour, showed me how to sort the men out from the boys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

When I was 16: "I heard you were going to dump me so I wanted to do it first".

The most f***in annoying as an adult: "You're not the man I thought you were".

Also had the ignoring and not answering texts/phone etc. thing as well from a few women. That is just cowardly, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

who007 wrote: »

Also had the ignoring and not answering texts/phone etc. thing as well from a few women. That is just cowardly, I think.

I can't believe a lot of people seem to do that, how hard is it to at least send a text?! Better off without muppets like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I got the its not you its me - to which i got up and walked of. I then receved a text sorry to which i replied dont be sorry. I'm sorry your gutless B/tch havent spoken since.

harsh yes but that anoyed me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

"you don't love me enough, oh and i think you've never realised who i really am and i need someone less nice and more selfish, i can't understand why you like charity ect ect"

yeah whatever *roll eyes*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Him: "...I only acted like a wanker to make you want to brake up with me because I didn't want to hurt you by braking up with you myself..."

Me: "And you didn't think that acting like a wanker and making me so upset (ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!:mad:) that I would want brake up with you would hurt me?"

Him: "Eh no...well maybe actually..."

When will the morons ever learn?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

thats nothin
    i got ;oh were just going on a break for a month,so i had to leave the house and my daughter ,set up a direct debit for chid care,,only to find out she was tryin out sombody else.:confused::(

• Advertisement

Lola92 wrote: »
    Him: "...I only acted like a wanker to make you want to brake up with me because I didn't want to hurt you by braking up with you myself..."

Me: "And you didn't think that acting like a wanker and making me so upset (ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!:mad:) that I would want brake up with you would hurt me?"

Him: "Eh no...well maybe actually..."

When will the morons ever learn?!?!?

cowards. i wouldn't miss him. i think a guy might have pulled the "i'll be so mean shes have to dump me" thing once on me before, i was pretty sure so i pulled a fast one and made him do something i knew he'd hate in return for a small favour. lets just say he'll never forget me :D:D:pac::pac: (no it was not illegal or put anyone in danger)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

TURRICAN wrote: »
    thats nothin
    i got ;oh were just going on a break for a month,so i had to leave the house and my daughter ,set up a direct debit for chid care,,only to find out she was tryin out sombody else.:confused::(

Ouch, now that REALLY gotta hurt! You're better off!:)
    cowards. i wouldn't miss him. i think a guy might have pulled the "i'll be so mean shes have to dump me" thing once on me before, i was pretty sure so i pulled a fast one and made him do something i knew he'd hate in return for a small favour. lets just say he'll never forget me :D:D:pac::pac: (no it was not illegal or put anyone in danger)

Whoop whoop!!!

p.s. I should add to above post by me,
    He actually heard I was gonna end it, thus acting like an asshole and pretending he did it on purpose to get rid of me!.....appaently he talks about me the whole time....hehe....

GO US!!!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

who007 wrote: »

I HATE this.

I was going out with a girl from work for a while last year and she did this. I now see hereeveryday but she won't even look me in the eye and will only acknowledge my existence under duress.

No explanation whatsoever :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I hate cowardly people like that!

Seems A LOT of people end relationships like that - just stop replying to texts etc.
    How moronic is that?

The truth hurts, but never getting closure or an explanation hurts a lot more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I dont understand this behaviour.Yes its horrible dumping someone but its plain rude If you just dont answer someone's text/calls!

Im a bit of a coward and I usually do the dumping by text but then I always arrange to meet up with them after to talk it though. I think thats a lot less cruel then just dumping it on them suddenly. With the warning text they usually prepare a 'we dont have anything in common anyway' speil and we both go away with our dignity intact.

There was one guy I knew who would be devestated so I told him I was spending a gap year in Australia. Cue 100 emails from him everyday for 3 months!

I hate cowardly people like that!

Seems A LOT of people end relationships like that - just stop replying to texts etc.
    How moronic is that?

The truth hurts, but never getting closure or an explanation hurts a lot more!

The worst part is I still kind of like her. Thought I won't admit it to anyone. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

"I'd changed" apparently.

I hadnt. He was just cowardly to tell me the real reason.

panda100 wrote: »
    There was one guy I knew who would be devestated so I told him I was spending a gap year in Australia. Cue 100 emails from him everyday for 3 months!

I hope you didn't bump into him on the street shortly afterwards :D.

I just remembered, one girl told me that I could do better than her. :eek:

Is that supposed to make me feel better about being dumped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

"I'm not ready for a relationship"
    Only to then find him in a relationship 2 weeks later with someone else! GRR!!

• Advertisement

I just remembered, one girl told me that I could do better than her. :eek:

Is that supposed to make me feel better about being dumped?

yep got one too last time around. to be fair, he had a point.:pac:

Lola92 wrote: »
    Ouch, now that REALLY gotta hurt! You're better off!:)

Whoop whoop!!!

p.s. I should add to above post by me,
    He actually heard I was gonna end it, thus acting like an asshole and pretending he did it on purpose to get rid of me!.....appaently he talks about me the whole time....hehe....

GO US!!!!!:D:D:D

*high five*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Got this "its not you, its me" line too.
    She didnt pick a great time to tell me though at the traffic lights in town. Had her get out of the car and walk home since she didnt have the decency to give me the real reason.

That made the whole thing a lot easier get over too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Always the dumper, never been dumped.

*has probably jinxed it now*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

There are no Stupid reason's to break up. But, there are some very stupid reason's people stay together!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

There are no Stupid reason's to break up.

"My mother found out about you, we should split up in case she doesn't like you."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Rhyme wrote: »
    "My mother found out about you, we should split up in case she doesn't like you."

Ya, but staying with someone who is stupid enough to say that is stupid. Therefore, not a stupid reason to break up!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Lola123 wrote: »
    "I'm not ready for a relationship"
    Only to then find him in a relationship 2 weeks later with someone else! GRR!!
    Yep a common one. Translation; "I'm not ready for a relationship with you". Generally that's the case anyway. Though I've used that line myself, but except in one case I actually meant it and didn't have a relationship for ages afterwards. I just wasn't in the right place in my own head. Indeed down the line with a couple of women, I regretted that I wasn't.

"It's not you it's me". Again usually the translation is; "it's you".

"I don't feel the same about you" = "I don't fancy sleeping with you again"
    "I love you, but I'm not in love with you" = see above
    "I've met someone else" = "I want to jump their bones more than yours"

IMHO I reckon most of the time the reason boils down to one thing, boredom. Sexual, or romantic. You don't leave any sort of long termer that still excites you, or that you feel still has a story to be told.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

first time I wasn't told, he officially got back with an ex and i found out through a friend. (he'd also cheated)

next time I got the ignored for a bit & when i asked what was up I was told 'i dont wanna be thinking about someone else all the time' (he'd also cheated)

third time... eh.... oh 'i don't think i can do this' but we weren't officially dating

fourth time, got ignored mostly for a week and tried to pin him down - said 'eh, i just don't see us going anywhere'. A week later had hooked up with someone, and over 2yrs later they're still together. (so he possibly cheated)

fifth time, was 'sick' at the weekend and didn't want to give me his cold, few days later said he'd call up (and bring my stuff w/him) so i'd an idea, went for a drive, bantered as normal, pulled up outside the house I went to get out so we could go inside and he goes 'actually I came here to talk' and 'the sparks gone' (can't fault him for that)
    he was seeing someone a few months later and together bout...year and half? moving country for her too.

sixth time, perfect, all good, then ignored and get an email saying it's over, all my fault etc etc. And won't talk to me.

there won't be a chance for a seventh time I tell you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Because I had cut my hair.

Advertisement