Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupidest reason for being dumped

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

oh i know that now, but was young and stupid!!

panda100 wrote: »
    Well thats the worst one ever really,beacuse you know its blatantly a lie.

This thread has got me thinking.

I have broken up with many men and usually the reason is because I dont think mentally or physically we are the right match.
    Is it better to tell the truth even if the truth is that you no longer find them attractive?
    Is this better then coming out with things that you both know are bullsh*t such as 'I like you too much' or 'its not you,its me'?
    If you lie like this then the person being dumped doesnt really get closure because he/she never knows really why you broke up with them?

Is it better to be gentle and lie or to be harsh andtell the truth?Personally I would prefer to be told the truth so I know the real reasons.

I would much prefer to be told the truth, if you leave things unsaid your dialing into the other persons insecurities.
    Which might be very much more upsetting, than being told that they don't find you attractive anymore.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

A boyfriend broke up with me because he was going to "join the army". I knew he was lying, but took it pretty well and did a real f*ck you-attitude to the whole thing. Weeks afterwards I'd learned he'd gotten his girlfriend (read: I was apparently the bit on the side), pregnant. Lucky escape if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

**tulip** wrote: »
    I was given the "i dont love you anymore" thing aswell, but i dont believe him! We've met up a few times since to talk about things and that obviously is not the case. There is an obvious spark there and we have slept together a few times since, with him making the first moves BTW so i really dont know where i stand now!

Major confusion!!

he doesn't need to love you to want to have sex with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭deathstarkiller

Let me see.
    First time was the 'It's not you it's me' line.

The next girl used the same line but I eventually got out of her that she'd gotten back with her ex. The crap thing was she'd gotten back with him for a few weeks while we were still together. Doh! Plus I was her boss. Double doh!

The next dumped me on the same night I was gonna dump her. We laughed it off and actually stayed friends for a few years.

Then I met a girl from America who was over here travelling. We got together for the three weeks she was here and it got heavy enough (for me). When she got back to America we stayed in contact a lot and she invited me over for Christmas. I bought the tickets. A week before I was about to leave the emails had slowed down. I went over, had a great week, went to Niagra Falls together and everything but I may as well have been on my own cause she was so cold to me. I just decided to have a great holiday and pretend I was having a great time with her. I got one mail from her when I got back home and that was that.

The next was 'I'm too wild and will never be the sort to just sit in and watch a movie. I'll always be going to clubs 4 nights a week' Ok but at that time I was still going to clubs 4 nights a week. Maybe she could see the future cause I've no interest now. :)

The next was messy. It lasted a year and a half. First year was great, then I got bored but we were living together. At first I'm ashamed to say I tried to get her to break up with me, not by being nasty but by always being busy with friends or hobbies or something or making myself fall asleep early, anything really to not to be with her cause she really bored me. This lasted for like 6 months and she seemed happy??? Eventually I broke up with her but she cried and pleaded so much I agreed to give it one more try. Don't know why other than I can't handle women crying. I knew I'd made a mistake though and finally ended it a few weeks later.

Since then I sort of haven't tried too much. No relationship for like almost 5 years. A few dates but all fizzled out. Been on bread and water for a long time. :)

Maybe it's me not them. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

the same girl 3 times...
    First time was we had been going out with each other 1 month and i called her another girls name, eeeerrrrrrr wrong answer she asked me to stop the car i did she got outand slammed the door and stormed of so i drove of... text 5 minites later your dumbed! she rang me a few days later drunk crying and hicuping. and we got abck togeather...

2nd time I cant rememebr something stupid, like she wanted to be single and free yada yada yada, or just plain being a b/tch I dont know the exact reason i think i was a bit stoned... probably why i got dumped, i cant really remember.. she rang me a few days later drunk crying and hicuping. and we got abck togeather...same story as before...

3rd time was i was getting drunk with my mates she was getting drunk with her's she rings me saying can i see you tonight mates laughing in the back ground, she get's hot head'd fine your having more fun with out me. get a text saying i think we should end things.

i think its fare to say she was a bit of a bunny boiler..... you live and lern chalk the experence down.... but that was pretty od...

He sister on the other hand is one of the coolist girls I know....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

**tulip** wrote: »
    I was given the "i dont love you anymore" thing aswell, but i dont believe him! We've met up a few times since to talk about things and that obviously is not the case. There is an obvious spark there and we have slept together a few times since, with him making the first moves BTW so i really dont know where i stand now!

Major confusion!!
    Welcome to the world of being used for easy sex with no commitment?

He most certainly does not need to love you to f* you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

dunno about stupidest reason for being dumped but i have stupidest way.

via email

after 18 months.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

have had three relationships so far

first was for nearly four years it was a sit down conversation bout where we were going it was one way or another so we choose another....few years later got an xmas card from him saying i was his best girlfriend ever etc etc never got back with him

second boyfriend we got engaged and four months before the wedding i broke up with him again in person sit down conversation he demanded children i did not want them then and he travelled too much with work around the point of break up so it was bye bye. we were together 8 years. he is married with a kid so he is happy though he phoned me few months back which was strange..

am in third relationship and engaged again(5 years together:)),,,,i dont believe in emailing or texting a break up,,,at some stage it was good and there were feelings there so a little respect goes along way even if the relationship has gone bad one way or other...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

My worst was 'I think we'd be better off as friends' :o

That was code for 'I'm seeing this German guy and I never want to be your friend again ever' :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Kiera12

Asking why he was txtn his ex.... then a conversation that got back to him all wrong. Then the next day he doesnt want to know me and havnt seen him since! Nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

hmmmm it started off with " I wish you could sing that would be such a turn on" next thing she said to me (2 days later) was "we kissed, we've grown really close the last few days" They'd only started talking the friday and this was tuesday.

2 years down the drain!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

My silliest reason for leaving someone (though I did not tell them at the time) was because I was really, really falling for them and was scared that I would get hurt when we broke up (I also had pmt)...it still hurt though he is still a good friend and we are both happily married to other people...

Am ashamed to admit but I am very scared of trusting my instincts and giving everything for love as I knew that I could get hurt...the funny thing is that when I did it was the best thing that ever happened to me, my husband is my soulmate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

cos we're the wrong age and too far away and i dont want you to be missing out on life.

actually, we both used the age and distance thing at various points.

but lol at thaedydals haircut one... id been saying for ages i was gonna cut my hair, but my fella was against it. he tends to sleep the afternoons away, cos there's nothing on tv and he can, but he was sleeping one arvo and i got bored and went into the bathroom and cut my hair... on his birthday...
    didnt talk to me for days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

TURRICAN wrote: »
    thats nothin
    i got ;oh were just going on a break for a month,so i had to leave the house and my daughter ,set up a direct debit for chid care,,only to find out she was tryin out sombody else.:confused::(

Jesus Christ thats one of the most harsh ones of read so far.
    Your better off mate... deffinatly better off ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

TURRICAN wrote: »
    thats nothin
    i got ;oh were just going on a break for a month,so i had to leave the house and my daughter ,set up a direct debit for chid care,,only to find out she was tryin out sombody else.:confused::(

I would cancel the Direct Debit:D

The worst reason I gave was her learning English. Bless her, she thought I didn't want her to do the course and was being controlling. It was the stupid and embaressing stuff she said and her nagging. She told someone afterwards that it was the motivation she needed to improve her fluency.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

cos making the child suffer is the best way to get back at an ex....

cos making the child suffer is the best way to get back at an ex....

Now now - thank crunchie its friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Over MSN....after 2 and half odd years.

Man, I was so bitter over that for so long , and still kinda am...but I can see now, I am definately all the better for it (the break up, not the blackhearted method!).

CoachBoone wrote: »
    Over MSN....after 2 and half odd years.

Man, I was so bitter over that for so long , and still kinda am...but I can see now, I am definately all the better for it (the break up, not the blackhearted method!).
    ouch >.<

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

emo!! wrote: »
    ouch >.<

Ha, Yeah jesus, I cant say I didnt see it coming or that I wasnt thinking about doing the same thing because I definitely was just I was gonna do it in a public place and be honest but not TOO honest.

Instead, I got the ol "xxxxx has just signed in"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 kieranoduill

I got dumped by the same girl 3times, maybe that's more stupid (on my part) than any other reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 stupidsometimes

I dumped my ex because he put my xmas present through the letterbox.

And it was a fairly crap present too.

CoachBoone wrote: »
    Ha, Yeah jesus, I cant say I didnt see it coming or that I wasnt thinking about doing the same thing because I definitely was just I was gonna do it in a public place and be honest but not TOO honest.

Instead, I got the ol "xxxxx has just signed in"...

so she got there first and because of that you are hurt -poor baby:D

I dumped my ex because he put my xmas present through the letterbox.

And it was a fairly crap present too.
    i hope thats a joke !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 stupidsometimes

ummmm, no. I didn't even know who it was from until he text me the next day and said he was too busy to talk to me.

I think we have a winner for the stupidest reason for being dumped!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 travel_bug

i dumped my ex for another guy. we were having a LDR, hadn't seen him for 4 months, met someone else, so mailed him and told him, his reply was he knew we were going to break-up, he was waiting for me to do it.

fast forward 6 years with the new guy, married for 3 of them, apart for 4 months, i fly thousands of miles to be with him, 2 days later, "he's not sure if he's the marriage kind if guy and he wants some time to himself to figure things out". wish he'd realised earlier!! maybe it's just karma!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

For being a size 6 to 8, not curvy enough apparently! And for not curling my hair, he said if I had "big hair", it would draw attention away from my tiny body. He's a 43 year old man by the way....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

That IS a stupid reason. As if he couldn't see what you looked like when he started going out with you... ridiculous.

Advertisement