Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupidest reason for being dumped

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

trish990 wrote: »
    For being a size 6 to 8, not curvy enough apparently! And for not curling my hair, he said if I had "big hair", it would draw attention away from my tiny body. He's a 43 year old man by the way....

Not unusual - but I must admit not to liking tiny tiny bodies either and what turns you on is subjective.

The women in Friends and Ally McBeal never did it for me- they looked like teenage boys.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

shellyboo wrote: »
    That IS a stupid reason. As if he couldn't see what you looked like when he started going out with you... ridiculous.
    Yea I really don't get that. Seems to come from way more men too IME. If you don't dig (delete as applicable) thin/fat/curvy/blonde/brunette/tall/short/whatever, well then don't go out with her then. Makes no sense at all:confused:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Yea I really don't get that. Seems to come from way more men too IME. If you don't dig (delete as applicable) thin/fat/curvy/blonde/brunette/tall/short/whatever, well then don't go out with her then. Makes no sense at all:confused:

Didn't say it makes sense - just that you don't see it until the clothes come off and if what you see is teenage boy -its a big turn off. I don't really understand why lots of supermodels with this kind of shape are considered attractive by women but I suppose thats the why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

He asked for a break, and then a wee while later broke up with me as "it wasn't going anywhere". I pointed out to him that he had asked for space, which I respected, and he never communicated that he wanted to pick things up again :confused:. Men! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

CDfm wrote: »
    Didn't say it makes sense - just that you don't see it until the clothes come off and if what you see is teenage boy -its a big turn off. I don't really understand why lots of supermodels with this kind of shape are considered attractive by women but I suppose thats the why.

Believe me, I don't look like a teenage boy.:)

• Advertisement

trish990 wrote: »
    Believe me, I don't look like a teenage boy.:)

Woohoo- that explains your ex then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

" Is this relationship going anywhere?"

I never laughed so hard in my life...neither did my friends.

Never given a stupid reason just the god honest truth...It's not working/I'm not interested/etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

My last boyfriend dumped me because we couldn't see each other, which seems fair, but the part I found stupid was that we were supposed to see each other a few days beforehand and he cancelled last minute, never did find out why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Tazdedub

One reason why I was dumped was and I quote the woman " Your too nice to be nice".

I still try to understand one. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I was dumped by one fella cos I was 6 months older than him ...

Another time, he'd gotten back with his ex (who decided she couldn't lvie without him now he had a new GF [ie me])

Yet another one dumped me because I can't have kids ...

Yeah, I'm staying single

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Guys can do the not texting/answering the phone thing as well, it has happened to me! Ok so the guy in question was 15 at the time, but still (I was 14 btw, not a closet paedo)

I can't thing of any stupid reasons I've been given for breakups, but I can share a stupid method of breaking up - when I was 16, my 'boyfriend' avoided me for over a month in school. I tried to break up with him one night over the phone (I had no choice, couldn't find the fecker), but he wouldn't answer my calls, and when I turned off caller ID he hung up as soon as he realised it was me.
    The next day, I got a text from him, that said "Roses are red, violets are blue, garbage is dumped, and so are you. Don't bother me again" Mature, eh? Never got a reason, funnily enough :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ilovetulips

UGH. I just want to vent about my 'best friend' who couldn't handle it when i told her she had upset me. Instead of apologising she has blanked me for 3 months. We were friends for 19 years. During the last few years she's been bitching to me about some mutual friends. Since she's stopped talkin to me she's been hanging around with the girl she bitched most about. I've only just realised what a fake cow she is. Of course all our mutual friends have sided with her because she's been bitching about me now and nobody can see past her falseness.
    I really hate it when people don't offer any kind of closure. I think its really cowardly and pathetic. Its a true reflection on the kind of people they are. At least we realise that now. It makes you feel bad for the people they're using now, doesnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

is there such a word as stupidest! thats why u got dumped. cant spell

Instead of apologising she has blanked me for 3 months. We were friends for 19 years. During the last few years she's been bitching to me about some mutual friends. Since she's stopped talkin to me

I really hate it when people don't offer any kind of closure.

Not talking to you is closure.

It seems to me that you had no probem with her talking about others but its only when she applies the same talents to you that you object.

Don't you think that closure is under your control now as is the standards you accept from your friends.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Mr Tim Buktoo, Is there such a thing as reading the charter? That's why you got banned for a week. Can't read.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Not talking to you is closure.
    I have to agree with this. IMHO There's too much talk of "closure" at times these days. While it's handy to get an explanation, for ones own sake so as not to repeat a mistake, f someone stops talking to me, I figure, OK that's that then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I've been dumped once, she felt I was too young.

I've been dumped once, she felt I was too young.

the same woman?

the same woman?

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I wouldn't sleep with him! Prompted him to sleep with some girl he was in Uni with :(

• Advertisement

Yup

You still with her

You still with her

No, like I said, she dumped me for being too young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

No, like I said, she dumped me for being too young.

what age are you, what was the age difference?
    (if you dont mind me asking?)

sam34 wrote: »
    what age are you, what was the age difference?
    (if you dont mind me asking?)

I'm 19, she's 27.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

workable, imho

sam34 wrote: »
    workable, imho

Meh, after different things and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I have to agree with this. IMHO There's too much talk of "closure" at times these days. While it's handy to get an explanation, for ones own sake so as not to repeat a mistake, f someone stops talking to me, I figure, OK that's that then.

True - but it's a little harsh/rude to just not talk to them I think. I'd be more upset at being ignored forever than a conversation about how it's not working. At least you get the explainations. But I guess some people see ignoring as closure. I just don't.

Regarding the 19 - 27 yrold relationship, I've a male friend in the 27yr old position. He's happy enough, doesn't see a future persay but things are working for now afaik.

Yeah. . I've done the whole ignoring texts/calls. .

I feel bad after of course. . but it's annoying.

Ahh. . I'm just a bitch I spose. Meh.

Never really have been broken up with . . though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I never understood closure never...

If a girl dumps me she dumps me ok move on, not hound around after her asking her what did i do wrong ?
    It's a demeaning act to me personally.
    Altho I have an Xgf who insist's on getting closure on every single reletionship she's been in, which brings the question up...
    Is closure now adays just an excuse to harras the x for a little bit longer...?

Useually if some one wants to dump you they say look this aint working out, so i think we should breake up... thats a pretty fair reason....
    But take some one who wants to hear closure why? It's going to hurt a lot more granted you can improve your self from it but what does it give the person ?

beside from closure :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ManofMunster

i really don't see the problem with ignoring someone as a means of breaking up. some people like a good rant; some don't really see what it will achieve. life ain't oprah. if i want to keep my reasons for breaking up with someone to myself, i will. if i choose never to officially break up with someone and instead go incommunicado, then i will. dumper's prerogative.

most times, people know anyway why the relationship's ending. but because they're hurt/pissed off or whatever, they'll use the means by which the relationship was ended as a focal point for their anger. doesn't change anything. life goes on.

Advertisement