Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupidest reason for being dumped

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

Erm... are there any good reasons for dumping someone / being dumped?

At the end of the day someone's going to get hurt regardless of what's said. In my opinion (and I stress, my opinion), most of the time the person who's doing the dumping will actually care about the other person, and nobody likes to hurt someones feelings, thus the "it's not you it's me" type shight in the belief that, while it is a sh*t way to break up with someone, it's better than shattering their confidence with a "I don't fancy you anymore" or "I'm bored" etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

I got dumped because he wanted to spend more time playing football with college......up until then, we only saw each other once a week.

Hmmm.

Then the reason before that was because he compared our relationship to that of his friends who had just broken up and he said he didn't want to get into a relationship where you go out for 3 years and it all suddenly ends.

I'm still horribly confused! Haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Miss_lady

Mine is not a stupid reason why I was dumped but a stupid reason why he wouldnt go out with me in the first place - because I am a vegetarian?! at first I thought ah sure he just dosnt feel the same about me and is letting me down with a silly excuse but he is one of my really really good friends now and we have talked about it and it IS cos I am a vegetarian. He has some weird thing that he has to share certain likes with a person before he goes out with them, one being food. He also said he likes to cook but to cook 2 meals would just annoy him hahaha.... go figure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Miss_lady wrote: »
    Mine is not a stupid reason why I was dumped but a stupid reason why he wouldnt go out with me in the first place - because I am a vegetarian?! at first I thought ah sure he just dosnt feel the same about me and is letting me down with a silly excuse but he is one of my really really good friends now and we have talked about it and it IS cos I am a vegetarian. He has some weird thing that he has to share certain likes with a person before he goes out with them, one being food. He also said he likes to cook but to cook 2 meals would just annoy him hahaha.... go figure!

What a goon! I have a friend who fancies veggies because he says they're more creative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

My ex gave me the whole "I just don't want to be in a relationship right now. I want to be single for a while." thing. The very next week she started going out with a guy she worked with. They've been going out ever since, about 7 years! Methinks there might have been some cheating going on in the weeks before we broke up. Oh well plenty of water under the bridge by now! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Once dumped a girl for farting *High Fives himself and gives manly roar*

Not so much dumped as never called again, or acknowledged existence

To be fair, at least she doesnt know of this stupid reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Lola92 wrote: »
    Him: "...I only acted like a wanker to make you want to brake up with me because I didn't want to hurt you by braking up with you myself..."

Me: "And you didn't think that acting like a wanker and making me so upset (ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!:mad:) that I would want brake up with you would hurt me?"
    Him: "Eh no...well maybe actually..."

When will the morons ever learn?!?!?

Perhaps when you learn some grammar. Sheesh i had to read that 10 times to make sense of it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Perhaps when you learn some grammar. Sheesh i had to read that 10 times to make sense of it :rolleyes:
    The rolleyes emoticon really grates on my nerves. Nearly as much as pedantic grammar correction. Please don't do that, it's considered OT and really isn't necessary for the health of the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

It's not you.
    It's not even me.
    It's your mother - she's awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Just generally behaving like a total spa yet claiming he didn't want to break up, hence leaving me to break up with him cause he didn't have the balls.

Men eh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Miss_lady wrote: »

My wife was a veggie when we first met (I've thankfully managed to turn her back to the dark side) and it was painful - either cooking two separate meals or cooking the meat separately and adding it in at the end. Food was dull and choreful - which to somebody who loves their food as much as me is blasphemous ;)

If I ever found myself on the dating scene again I have to say that being a Veggie would be a big minus in my book too - not necessarily a deal-breaker but close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I was with a girl for a few weeks during the summer and because she was sooooooo annoying, literally the most annoying human being I've ever had the displeasure of being with, I did the complete silence job. It was very satisfying.

Before you judge me, let me tell you she used to call me "babe" rather than my actual name. GRR:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

By text - he didn't want anything serious. I said fine, acted very blase (because I genuinely didn't want anythign serious either). He then stalks me.

i don't get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

*After treating me like crap till I had no choice but to end it, she says*

"You never really let me get close to you"

/lie.
    <snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

TelePaul wrote: »
    *After treating me like crap till I had no choice but to end it, she says*

"You never really let me get close to you"

/lie.
    <snip>

Telepaul, im sorry if you have been hurt but please do not generalise about women in a forum for women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

stupidest reason I've been dumped was because I wouldn't eat my salads :(

My ex gf was a hari khrisna. She asked me after we'd been dating a while would I become a vegaterian. (They consider eating meat to be like murder as they believe animals have the same level of conscienceness as human babies) I said no. I got told "Sorry we have no long term future".

It was so stupid it was almost funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

G86 wrote: »
    Just generally behaving like a total spa yet claiming he didn't want to break up, hence leaving me to break up with him cause he didn't have the balls.

Men eh!

Hello! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

Jules wrote: »
    Telepaul, im sorry if you have been hurt but please do not generalise about women in a forum for women.

Or perhaps in general

Advertisement