Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Filippo Inzaghi scores 300th goal

• 15-03-2009 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

In milan's victory of Siena today Inzaghi scored the 300th goal of his career while 290 of them were probably from inside the box and some may argue he doesn't add much to general play its still a great personal achievement

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Aye, will always be grateful to him for what he done against Pool. :D

610x.jpg

A_255443a.jpg

610x.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Best striker of his kind over the last decade imo.

Love him.

SuperPipo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

610x.jpg

Nice to see they got abiatti a job as a Stewart for the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

probably been offside more than any player in the history of football :pac:

great striker though, pitty he had that injury, love to see how many more goals he would have scored if he had that year or so back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Pippo's a total lege, his record in european club games is amazing and has been a great servent to both Milan and Juve.

Type of player you hate when he plays against your team because you know how dangerous he is, even if he does nothing for 80 odd minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I half expected to see "Filippo Inzaghi scores 300th goa...oh, no, wait. He was offside".

Next person who attempts to turn this thread into another United v Liverpool borefest will be having a few days off.

Off topic bollox deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Probably my favorite Inzaghi performance was against Ajax in the champions league. H was immense and deserved the last goal only to have Jon Dahl Tommason steal it off him in cruel circumstances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Trippie wrote: »
    Probably my favorite Inzaghi performance was against Ajax in the champions league. H was immense and deserved the last goal only to have Jon Dahl Tommason steal it off him in cruel circumstances

never saw that game.....but

WTF is tomasson doing??

on topic: inzaghi...brilliant player..... the art of poaching at its finest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Pippo has without doubt the best celebration hands of any player ever. Love the way he'll score the simplest tap in and then just go insane as if he were on fire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'm not his biggest fan, but that is a fantastic achievement, all the more so because of the defensive nature of the league he plays in.

Well done Pippo.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I can't say I ever liked Pippo, even when at Juventus, but having mellowed a little in my old age I can honestly say he's been one of the very best at what he does and it is strangely nice to see him score his 300th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Amazing player, of all the players I've seen in my lifetime he is second only to Romario at finishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Amazing he's still doing it at 35 years of age, seems to have benefited from beckham's arrival and is having a bit of a renaissance at the minute. iirc he had a hat trick only a few weeks ago, don't see why he can't contine you for another few years yet.

Delighted to watch him in the cl final 2007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

never thought he was all too great meself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

pajodublin wrote: »
    never thought he was all too great meself

look_2.gif

Frisbee wrote: »
    look_2.gif

LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Dare I say it, a tad overrated?

Daysha wrote: »
    Dare I say it, a tad overrated?

EXACTOMUNDO

Lol overrated in what sense? His record is hardly questionable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

xin_4701031917085741444025.jpg

Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i'd imagine from the perspective of the casual observer he doesnt look like much.

he doesnt come deep for the ball, you wont see him running round like a headless chicken.

but he just hangs around on the shoulder of the last defender, ready to pounce. a little too ready perhaps given the amount of times he's offside :pac:

he's a predator, milan are lucky to have the luxury of bringing him on for 20 or 30 minutes most games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

never saw that game.....but

WTF is tomasson doing??

on topic: inzaghi...brilliant player..... the art of poaching at its finest!

being the 91st minute he is making sure the balls goes into the goal,methinks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

el rabitos wrote: »
    , love to see how many more goals he would have scored if he had that year or so back

7, I counted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I don't see how people could say he is over rated? He was never raved about as "best player in the world ever, pele was his boot boy lol whut" or anything, even at Milan and Juve he has always been the second choice striker (At Juve there was always Trez and Alex ahead of him) and at Milan he was always second choice behind Shevchenko, Crespo for the seaosn he was there, pato the last season and a half, Ronaldo while he was there and even at the start of this season he was behind Boriello.

HE is a great poacher and if anything has been criminally under rated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Yeah great goal scorer. The second best finisher I've ever seen play after Solksjaer tbh. 300 goals is quite incredible. Well done Inzaghi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

you don't have that record without having something about you. fantastic finisher.

all I can think of though is in my secondary school days, out in the field at break time, and there'd be one fcuking eejit who'd hatch his way through the 40mins, scoring a hatful.

inzaghi is that fcuking eejit's hero :pac:

Advertisement