Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Limerick City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

the lidl warehouse sale in limk
    where is this ? is it any where the nct place

It's on the same site as Wickes

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Ben&Jerrys Ice Cream range in Dunnes Stores for €3. The offer seems to be down to be valid until the 17th, which is a Tuesday, and strikes me as odd, but whatever. Yummy yum yum.

Don't know if this is exactly what people would be looking for, but it's a bargain for me so thought I'd add it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tfitzgerald viewpost.gif
    the lidl warehouse sale in limk
    where is this ? is it any where the nct place

It's on the same site as Wickes

thanks a million i will give a run out there tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Remember someone complaining a while back about swimming pool rates.

Saw this morning in Grove Island that they have an unwaged rate of 4 bucks ! Not bad !

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

Coming out of the gym this morning and noticed JJB have posters up saying 3 for 2 on everything in store for 4 days only! Store isn't open yet so I'll be over after work cos I need to stock up on runners for back to school!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Lots of Nivea, Nivea Visage and L'Oreal Garnier full ranges reduced to half price or less in McCabes Pharmacy, The Crescent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭maebee

Thanks for that Miss HB. Will check it out 2 morro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Welcome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

zuroph wrote: »
    +1 on the steak, called in yesterday evening, holy crap what an offer! Huge 14 oz, cooked to perfection! One of the better steaks I've had in Limerick, and unreal value for money. Will not be the last time I have it!

fao keonoconnell

Ok I heard so much about this steak I had to go out and try it with the missus this weekend and good points 1st.

Value is fantastic under 30e for two 14oz steaks is fantastic
    Quality in my steak was fab really enjoyed it

now on the negative sides you say it is available from 4 onwards I went out at half 4 and the carvary was still going it continued up until 6pm , I called out week before and it was the same so I had to leave as could not wait.

We ordered a medium to well done mine was perfect just pink in middle and well cooked outside but her own was very red and bloody which she had to send it back.

So basically value was it was very good but waiting time and the difference in the 2 steaks was off putting now having said all that I probably will give it another go but next time I would not call out until around 6 and hopefully both steaks will be cooked the same

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

campo wrote: »
    fao keonoconnell

Ok I heard so much about this steak I had to go out and try it with the missus this weekend and good points 1st.

Value is fantastic under 30e for two 14oz steaks is fantastic
    Quality in my steak was fab really enjoyed it

now on the negative sides you say it is available from 4 onwards I went out at half 4 and the carvary was still going it continued up until 6pm , I called out week before and it was the same so I had to leave as could not wait.

We ordered a medium to well done mine was perfect just pink in middle and well cooked outside but her own was very red and bloody which she had to send it back.

So basically value was it was very good but waiting time and the difference in the 2 steaks was off putting now having said all that I probably will give it another go but next time I would not call out until around 6 and hopefully both steaks will be cooked the same

Hi Campo,

Hope all is well, and many thanks for the post with regards the steak.

Firstly thanks for the overall positive remarks with regards the Summer Steak Special.

Can you remember the day and date you were out, We do try to offer the steaks from 4pm. the carvery does go on till 5 or 6 on saturdays and sundays and we do try accomodate anyone who is looking for the steak special.

If I have the exact date I can check the rosters to see who was on.

There shouldn't have been an issue with regards to the order unless they were quite busy, which during the summer months and august it shoudln't have been the case at those times, saying that we are watching staff levels so maybe they had a lot on, but 2 weeks in a row I don't think so.

I will be printing your mail and sitting down with Paddy the General manager, Catherine the daytime Manager and the head Chef Stehen Harty.

I will also sit down with the other kitchen staff and make sure everyone is up to speed that the steak special is available from 4pm every day. If a member of staff thinks that the kitchen is busy then the customer or your good self can be informed it might take a little longer than usual. A little means a little!!

Apologies for the delay in you having to wait and you might pass on our apoligies to herself for the steak being rare and not up to par.

I wish we could get things right all the time but at the mo I think we've come along with the premises since we took over in February, saying that we have a long ways yet to go.

I think even the best places with all the best intentions can have problems and issues, we have our fair share, the important thing is however, how they are dealt with.

We will take all you issues on board and get them rectified this week. If you would like to PM your number or address I can arrange some drinks vouchers or something for you in the post.

Again many thanks for your extremely fair and broad minded comments.

Best Regards

Ken O'Connell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Hi Campo,

Hope all is well, and many thanks for the post with regards the steak.

Firstly thanks for the overall positive remarks with regards the Summer Steak Special.

Can you remember the day and date you were out, We do try to offer the steaks from 4pm. the carvery does go on till 5 or 6 on saturdays and sundays and we do try accomodate anyone who is looking for the steak special.

If I have the exact date I can check the rosters to see who was on.

There shouldn't have been an issue with regards to the order unless they were quite busy, which during the summer months and august it shoudln't have been the case at those times, saying that we are watching staff levels so maybe they had a lot on, but 2 weeks in a row I don't think so.

I will be printing your mail and sitting down with Paddy the General manager, Catherine the daytime Manager and the head Chef Stehen Harty.

I will also sit down with the other kitchen staff and make sure everyone is up to speed that the steak special is available from 4pm every day. If a member of staff thinks that the kitchen is busy then the customer or your good self can be informed it might take a little longer than usual. A little means a little!!

Apologies for the delay in you having to wait and you might pass on our apoligies to herself for the steak being rare and not up to par.

I wish we could get things right all the time but at the mo I think we've come along with the premises since we took over in February, saying that we have a long ways yet to go.

I think even the best places with all the best intentions can have problems and issues, we have our fair share, the important thing is however, how they are dealt with.

We will take all you issues on board and get them rectified this week. If you would like to PM your number or address I can arrange some drinks vouchers or something for you in the post.

Again many thanks for your extremely fair and broad minded comments.

Best Regards

Ken O'Connell

Hey Ken,

I dont want to make any fuss it was a Sunday when I went out (29/08) and in fairness ye were very busy which is always a good sign and the staff kept us informed .

And as I said my steak was great and will defo be calling back again we certainly were not so off put that we would not recommend it to family and friends thats for sure as you said you cant always get everything right but enough was done right for us to be pleased to go back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Screw it. I'll take the vouchers but a free steak would be nicer! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Berty wrote: »

Here here,

campo wrote: »
    Hey Ken,

I dont want to make any fuss it was a Sunday when I went out (29/08) and in fairness ye were very busy which is always a good sign and the staff kept us informed .

And as I said my steak was great and will defo be calling back again we certainly were not so off put that we would not recommend it to family and friends thats for sure as you said you cant always get everything right but enough was done right for us to be pleased to go back.

Hi Campo

Thanks again for the fair comments.

The 29/8/10 was the harvest fair so we actually were very busy and under a bit of pressure.

Hope all goes well on your next visit and your business is greatly appreciated.

Best Regrds - Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Ken, do ye do breakfasts there?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Take this to PMs guys. This is a thread for all bargain alerts in Limerick, not just the bargains offered by one businessman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Here here,

I agree !!!!;)

Sorry about that guys.....

will keep it to PM next time...

Rgds - Ken

Here here,
    kilburn wrote: »
    I agree !!!!;)
    Sorry about that guys.....

will keep it to PM next time...

Rgds - Ken

Before you go Ken.

Where's our frickin FREE STEAK?

Picked up a pack of 10 LED solar lights for the Garden in B&Q today for €13.49

White & Multi Colour Bulbs - Stainless Steel.

• Advertisement

Before you go Ken.

Where's our frickin FREE STEAK?

Well you know what Berty, if you dont ask you don't get.

Send me a PM with your contact details and I'll send you a voucher for a FREE STEAK, and a COMPLIMENTARY PINT of your choice just for good measure :pac::pac::pac:

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards - Ken

Send me a PM with your contact details and I'll send you a voucher for a FREE STEAK, and a COMPLIMENTARY PINT of your choice just for good measure :pac::pac::pac:

Best Regards - Ken

*cough*

and me ;)

Best Regards - Ken

PM sent declining the offer. :)

PM sent declining the offer. :)

He did!!!!

PM Sent.... Oh the plot thickens....

Berty has boardsie give away.. might have to go to new thread tho???

rgds - Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

I was in there today taking some photos for them and they have some fantastic dresses for an amazing price!! ( See below ) these have only been worn once and then donated to the charity. They have a private viewing area upstairs for anyone interested in the brides or bridesmaids dresses. Check the link for more details.

IMGP9655a.JPG

Enable Ireland Wedding Dresses for only €50 in Limerick
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Saw netbooks in tesco coonagh for €200, can't rem name of brand.

Also 32" technika television for €269 or €289, seemed really good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 goodasgold

there are mens jackets sale for 5 euro at dunnes stores jetland . look like a windcheater type come in various colours and in sizes up to xxl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Chilli Kebabish

€5 Feast
    This €5 feast contains Doner Kebab, Chips, Burger,Garlic Dip and Can.

All that for €5?? That must be wrong.

• Advertisement

Chilli Kebabish

€5 Feast
    This €5 feast contains Doner Kebab, Chips, Burger,Garlic Dip and Can.

All that for €5?? That must be wrong.

Just-eat said there would be a special offer under a menu item 999.Bargain and a half

Minimum order of 16 euro from them tho.

Advertisement