Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Groove Armada and Leftfield-type fans

• 15-03-2009 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Completely up their own ar5e. Trying so fukcing hard to be casually "cool", and their music is pretentious 5hite.

Also Faithless fans are scum of the earth.

rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Whats wrong with Leftfield?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Completely up their own ar5e. Trying so fukcing hard to be casually "cool", and their music is pretentious 5hite.

rant over.

gotta be the weirdest post ever on here, im a fan of Leftfield,Groove Armada & Faithless and im certainly not up my own ar*e and i don't try and be "casually cool" Leftfield - Leftism is one of the best ever albums in dance music history and Faithless - Insomnia is one of the most popular tracks in dance music,and Groove Armada have released some of the best tracks in the last 10 years in dance music.

As i said weirdest post ever on here,how can you justify the outrageous claims you've made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

jonny68 wrote: »

weirdest post ever on here,how can you justify the outrageous claims you've made?

+1 on that.Groove Armada are nearly a pop act hardly pretentious to be in to them.

What music do you like OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I think the op needs mental treatment to be fair. God bless his cotton sox.

Salva Mea for me is Faithless best tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

rant over.

i bet you listen to scooter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Groove armada are very nice guys, I met them briefly after a gig and they were sound, also a friend of mine went out with Andy Cato and had great things to say about them.

Their music is quite low on the pretencious scale op - if you get all hot under the collar over them I'll show you some stuff that will make your head explode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Zascar wrote: »
    Groove armada are very nice guys, I met them briefly after a gig and they were sound, also a friend of mine went out with Andy Cato and had great things to say about them.

Their music is quite low on the pretencious scale op - if you get all hot under the collar over them I'll show you some stuff that will make your head explode.

Give it to him and me;)
    he it comes......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

All the bands mentioned are excellent live as well i couldn't fault them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Bit of a dodge post TBH, Vertigo & Leftism are both brilliant albums!

The Furey Brothers and Davey Arthur, Bachman Turner Overdrive and the Boston Philharmonic Orchestra. Man they drive me crazy, those 3, and their pretentious fans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Funny that, Leftism ranks as one of my favourite albums of all time, and I've had "from the rooftops" on repeat play for the past month, along with Groove Armada being my main highlight from Glasto last year.
    I listen to music that I ****ing like, not stuff that makes me look cool (I would have given up on hard house a long time ago if that wasn't the case:p)
    Would love to know if the OP was being serious here or just trolling, and what kind of music they're into if it was the former

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sounds like a bit of a troll to me, but had a quick look at his other posts and no surpises.

I'll give him a chance to come back and continue his discussion. OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

rant over.

Spot on. Everyone who likes any of the bands you mentioned falls exactly into those catogries.

Well done that man. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

Don't feed the troll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

GA are utter sellouts, epitomised by the fact that they have signed to Bacardi!

Advertisement