Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdresser in Ennis

• 15-03-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Right, back again, this time looking for a talented hairdresser in Ennis.
    I'm thinking of going to Peter Marks? Cos it's pretty handy with the old midweek AND student discount..

Any hairdresser in there you'd suggest? I need some one who's good at cutting on a young person and good at styling fringes (don't want to come out with a middle aged woman pudding bowl style haircut)

Any advice much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Insulting_Bitch

I go to Altered Images at the Turnpike. There is one girl there, Janet, who is fantastic with a scissors. She styled my hair for two debs and did a cracking job. She pretty much does what you tell her to do and also knows what looks good. As regards price, I haven't a notion but from what I remember it is reasonable. Definitely cheaper than Peter Marks.

Disclaimer: If you decide to go to her and you're not happy, don't blame me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Liz in Scissors Wizards near the Cinema. Only person in town I can say has given me consistently good cuts over the past few years (I'm a long haired fella but my opinion is equally valid). My girlfriend and my mother have both started going to her on my recommendation. Prices are much cheaper than Peter Marks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

+1 on Scissors Wizards, used to go there all the time, great cuts and great value (think I might go there again next time I'm home!!), they're all about the fringe too, I have a funky choppy side fringe which was first done by the girls there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Millies

You should try Twin Blades in the Market Square, it's owned by Liz in Scissors Wizard's twin sister. Fantastic value and really, really classy cuts. They'll listen to what you want and if you're unsure, as I was a few times, will guide you through everything. I've been very happy with them doing my hair for over 10 years now. I've gone elsewhere but keep coming back. It's really reassuring to not be condescended to when you ask questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Ah great suggestions, unfortunately I had to go for late openers and was given a pretty industrial haircut, the generic in and out in TWENTY minutes..not a word of a lie...I hadn't been on this thread but next time I will head to this scissors wizards place fo sho..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

Right, back again, this time looking for a talented hairdresser in Ennis.
    I'm thinking of going to Peter Marks? Cos it's pretty handy with the old midweek AND student discount..

Any hairdresser in there you'd suggest? I need some one who's good at cutting on a young person and good at styling fringes (don't want to come out with a middle aged woman pudding bowl style haircut)

Any advice much appreciated!
    I would steer clear of Peter Marks in Ennis - was in there in Feb. and they cut my hair lop-sided, everyone has commented on it so it's not just my imagination and is VERY noticeable! Have visited other salons and been told that this is not unusual for PM as they cut to "a formula of chopping!!!"
    Try 'Creative Edge' on Summerhill, just off market square, ph:6868960

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 straightanswers

Twin Blades - price and a nice cup of coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Cathkins

Not sure if she's still in Peter Marks...but I always went to Eilish - brilliant hairdresser

Advertisement