Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC free upgrade

Options
  • 15-03-2009 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Hey i live in Galway and got a free upgrade to 20mb/s fromupc today they txt me and just said to restart the modem anyone else get this i was previously a customer who didn want to submit to a new 12 month contract so was still on 6mb\s although i was paying for 3 anyone else get this?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The upgrade hardly starts a new contract though, does it? If it's costing you no more, there's no additional contract period and you get a better speed, then why not go with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Oh no ive got it i was just wondering is there an upgrade going round as in a new high speed i noticed some getting in excesse of 50mb\s on another thread they where wondering if it was a glitch i'm wondering if 20 is the new 10? (ie middle speed)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hey i live in Galway and got a free upgrade to 20mb/s fromupc today they txt me and just said to restart the modem anyone else get this i was previously a customer who didn want to submit to a new 12 month contract so was still on 6mb\s although i was paying for 3 anyone else get this?????

When you unplug your modem tonight its going to upgrade any way so it looks like you have no choice anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Oh no ive got it i was just wondering is there an upgrade going round as in a new high speed i noticed some getting in excesse of 50mb\s on another thread they where wondering if it was a glitch i'm wondering if 20 is the new 10? (ie middle speed)

Are u only paying for 10mb?????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

yes as far as i know we have been paying for 3 getting six for ages now;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

Always nice to get a free upgrade :D

But, if you are getting 20MB for the price of 10Mb...how does that leave people who are already paying for the 20MB service?

Are UPC going to up the speed beyond 20MB i wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

There's a rumour going around, that the 20Mb customers will be going to 40Mb-50Mb by the end of the year. Like I said, it's a rumour:D

Now that would be sweet :)

I guess they are going to have to do something, i mean, why should people on 20MB be paying more for the same service as those getting a free upgrade and paying less??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Document1

Skittle wrote: »
    There's a rumour going around, that the 20Mb customers will be going to 40Mb-50Mb by the end of the year. Like I said, it's a rumour:D

Sounds to good to be true :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

netbeatz wrote: »

I guess they are going to have to do something, i mean, why should people on 20MB be paying more for the same service as those getting a free upgrade and paying less??

They are not. He was paying for the old 3 Mb service, which was then upgraded to 6, then to 12 and then to 20.

At least thats whats likely happened .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Ive been upgraded to 20mb for free too!:D I was on the old 6mb package but refused to sign up for another 12 months...

So how much are you paying now for 20MB?

Advertisement