Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hats off to Redknapp

Options
  • 15-03-2009 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Took balls admitting you've made a mistake that early in a game, but subbing Zokora so early won us the game today. Young was ripping Zok a new asshole on our right, and I could only see us concede. Charlie made us much more solid, and once we got the 2nd goal today we were the better team by far.

Great performances from both Woody and King, I thought Gomes was solid and I don't blame him for the goal at all. Crabman had a blinding game at LB, one of his best.

Lennon was superb again, I fcuking love the little blighter. Keane and especially bent worked their bollox off, i am made up for Bent, really really pleased.

Wilson was a worry though, seemed to be a bit sloppy in possession.

10pts from our last 12 is a fantastic return (if I'm honest I saw 5 at most), and I think we are assured of survival now.

Well done all concerned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

yup that was excellent i thought a draw would be good now were even with last year and a few more wins could plant us firmly in the top half i kinda hope tho we dont get the europa league place tho we could do without the extra games next year and consolidate our position.

palacios tho i reckon he'll come good in the team defo i was really impressed with jenas missed his goal tho pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Agree with your summation there Ronan,Charlie coming on made all the difference back 5(gomes included) were excellent,Lennon was electric and Keano and Bent put in a great shift.Jenas gave away a lot of sloppy ball as did Palacios but i think that is the first dodgy performance we have seen from him so lets hope its a one off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

great win. fair play to harry for the sub. noticed the danger and made the change, good call. everyone worked hard today as a team n agree it wasnt gomez fault for the goal. dont think it was anybodies really. it was a great ball in and a fantastic header.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great win, i'm feckin delighted.Harry has the team working hard now and long may it continue,i was disapointed with Wilson aswell,he gave an awful lot of ball away, hopefully it was a once off bad performance from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Bent tracking back left me speechless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great 3 points.
    Very hardworking performance. Long may it last.
    Nice handy one now on Sat, pity its not on Setanta at 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Delighted with that result. As everdead mentioned I would have happily taken a draw before the game and I was worried with what Young was doing to Zokora but credit to Harry where it's due and to Charlie who kept Young completely under wraps. It just goes to show that you don't need pace when you have positional sense.

Crabman :D is certainly playing the best football I've ever seen him play. He gave away a few sloppy passes but overall he's been a rock, both defensively and offensively over the last few weeks. I too was worried by Palacios but we'll just have to put that down to a lack of familiarity with his new team.

Overall a great game and result. Bring on Chelsea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ok,

I'm delighted with the result and think we are moving along very well. BUT I think Harry is getting way way to much praise for taking off Zokora, Anyone can see he was left for dead. I'd question him being played there in the first place to be honest.

But that's just nit picking on my part and I can appreciate Harry taking the chance by putting a quick player right back.

Crabman is epic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

some great performances as mentioned. King, Woody, Jenas and Keane in particular but in fairness they all kept going and did us proud.

Bent is shaping up and we should get a few extra £££ for him in the summer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I'm delighted with our form.
    Total transformation from the shambles in Oct.
    Well done to Harry and the players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Yesterday was excellent - some heart at last. Great to see Jenas and Bent doing better. Palacios was poor but he is a huge presence in MF and slows down the breakout to allow us reform, think he's a great signing. I prefer Corluka although he too loses concentration at times. BAE and Dawson are our most improved players this season.

Saturday will be great test as Chelski are hitting form now - we can still finish 8th at this point and taking into a/c the form. West Ham are scoreless as i speak and look ****e!!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Saw the game down in Maggie may's with John W and the Wexford crew. Good fun, nice lads. Really good performance on an absolute carpet of a pitch in the second half. Passing sharp, shape very good. Villa got a chasing for the whole half. Seventh very possible now, and Harry is still unbeaten against the top teams.

Advertisement