Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refused refund in Tesco

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    The price per litre of a 1 litre bottle of milk will be different to the price per litre on a 2 litre bottle. What's your point?
    This is the point
    rubadub wrote: »
    The price per kilo was incorrect if based on this, and if you compared with other similar ones it could have appeared cheaper, so it is a real problem IMO. When buying certain items some people will mainly look at the price per kilo, you could argue that this price was wrong so, but Tesco say nothing about their price per kilo labelling, and I wonder if it does even fall under any laws.

I have a strange knack of being able to calculate price per kilo/ml, I have been doing it since I was a kid, long before the shops displayed per kilo prices on standard items. A HUGE amount of tescos "per kilo" prices are incorrect, I see this all the time

Now if tesco did include the price per kilo on their returns policy I would clean the feckers out no problem. They seem to put no attention into calculating them right, dunno if they are deliberately trying to mislead but a lot of people look at price per kilo to determine which really is the best value. They know this and could well be exploiting it, while possibly being within the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The long and short of this is that Tesco have the wrong SEL on display. They quote a price of 69c for a 150ml pot, but only have 125ml pots on the shelf. If you treat the two sizes as different products, then either the SEL is wrong, or they don't have an SEL for the 125ml pot. Both of these are illegal, and Tesco need to have the correct SEL in place.

Whether or not this is covered by their no quibble refund policy or not, I don't know, but they are breaking the law, regardless of how little money is involved.

The customer service agent that the OP spoke to was wrong to ignore the situation when it was pointed out that they had the wrong SEL on display.

If the price for a 125ml and a 150ml pot are both 69c, then you were not overcharged, just that the 125ml pot is not as good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

WISE UP AND GO TO DUNNES!!!!

Yeah right! Maybe we should ask what you are smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I think it would have been fair for Tesco to take it back and offer a refund. At the end of the day surely they wouldn't have lost out (assuming they resold the product) and would have a happier customer for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The customer didn't want that they wanted a refund and to keep the item.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

I once bought five bottles of wine in Tesco........overcharged at the till for them all and given then given them for free.

I d'ont think the consumer is due a refund here. The customer paid the price that was displayed on the shelf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭squidgey

Price displayed is just an invitation to treat. They can charge you whatever they like at the checkout for whatever volume they like. At this point you can chose to commit to the contract by making the purchase or not.

Did you know technically it's illegal to purchase anything when you are drunk??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Had'nt touched a drop that day!

Point I'm making is if tesco was at fault, im sure they would have made the refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

with 2,850 viewing and 70 responses on this thread so far, I bet Tesco wish they gave you a refund now....:D...

If you want to keep customers, you have to build and maintain trust...no idea the legal position of per kilo/ price Vs actual price but it also doesn't matter- as long as people continue to complain about the small things, the better we can keep retailers in check- ultimately, customer is king & I think this thread is a good reminder of that fact.. thanks for posting OP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Anyone know what happens to the person responsible for placing the hundreds of new SELS on products every day when some body gets the no quibble policy refund.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

I think head office send those down, so the ultimate responsibility lies with them.

Advertisement