Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it Possible to.......

Options
  • 15-03-2009 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

to get statements from a few years back from a bank I used to bank with.I had 2 accounts with them ie 1 pesonal and 1 business.I closed the persomal a few years back and had lodged a cheque before the account was closed.Now I need to trace the cheque from that account.Will the bank do it for me since I now longer bank with them and I dont even know the bank account number and cant find any statements from it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Indeed it is possible, this request is made all the time, it's no problem at all
    But you will be charged, probably one euro per page so it might add up if you need to print a few years of statements.

This can be waived, ask nicely.

Expect a :rolleyes: from the staff when you don't know your account number.
    Bring ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Thanks Mike.I need to chase a Revenue cheque.Looks like they made a mistake and may have left a "o" out at the end.Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Don't show up 10 minutes before closing time if you're expecting friendly service :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

hopefully will get there by 10.15.Give them plenty of time to "warm up" to the week.

Advertisement