Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underwater hockey

Options
  • 15-03-2009 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

I recently came upon this site. I was wondering if anyone in Galway would know of any teams around galway who play? Or if anyone would be interested in learning to play?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

After reading that site don't think there's any teams here or a League for that matter but it does seem like there's a lot of skill involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

We (NUIG/GMIT Sub Aqua Club) play on Wednesday evenings after training in the Kingfisher pool. :) You'd want to be a student though.

The Galway Sub Aqua club occasionally play as well if they're doing training in the pool.

We don't have serious games yet, but there was talk of having a dedicated night to it. There's a guy over in Dublin who we sorted the gear with, and he's pushing for a league in Ireland between the different sub-aqua clubs. I can see it being up and running in a years time, once clubs start dedicated training for it.

Here's some videos from one of the Wednesday nights...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ciaran Mc

Guys great to hear that there is some underwater hockey been played in Galway. Cork has started a team last month and are doing quite well, we have about 40 guys up in Dublin playing and numbers are increasing. We've wanted to come down to Galway for a while now and hopefully give you a couple of pointers on how the game should be played, tactics, rules, skills. If you'd like to contact me we can organise this for September. Also the lads in Cork have just got a set of goals made up and i'm sure that they would be happy to get a second set for you at a good price if your interested. It completly changes the dynamics of the game when you have a trough to shoot for. Please give me a call and we can organise something.
    Ohh and checkout the other tread for more info.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055565412
    Cheers
    Ciarán

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Looks good but think I will stick to inline hockey! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Barryjm

Hi lads,

If any of you want a match you're more than welcome to come for a game against us in Cork. We play on Wednesday nights in Leisureworld Bishopstown in Cork!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

somebody ring setanta sports quick all is not lost:rolleyes:

Advertisement