Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Olympus lens (will it fit digital)

• 15-03-2009 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

I have a minolta dynax 5 camera and am considering buying a digital. Will the lens from the minolta fit the newer milolta digitals ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭nilhg

The newer Minolta digitals are called Sony.........But the old lens should still fit.

Where does Olympus fit in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jimbellows

nilhg wrote: »
    The newer Minolta digitals are called Sony.........But the old lens should still fit.

Where does Olympus fit in?

he wants to know if the olympus lens will fit the sony... is that what you answered?
    clear.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭nilhg

jimbellows wrote: »
    he wants to know if the olympus lens will fit the sony... is that what you answered?
    clear.gif

To the best of my knowledge Olympus never made Minolta fit lenses, but if they did, then it will as I said, fit the digital Minoltas or their Sony successors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Sorry for confusion. What I have is a minolta 70-210 zoom lens from my dynax 5 camera. I want to know if this will fit a digital camera and if so what camera will it fit ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

shawnee wrote: »
    Sorry for confusion. What I have is a minolta 70-210 zoom lens from my dynax 5 camera. I want to know if this will fit a digital camera and if so what camera will it fit ?

Ah all the sony slrs will fit it. The 'alpha' range.

What version of the 70-210 do you have?

• Advertisement

Its the macro, 1.45 (22)-56

Perhaps someone can tell me what type of shot this lens is most suited to ?:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

shawnee wrote: »
    Perhaps someone can tell me what type of shot this lens is most suited to ?:o

General use. A lot of old minolta lenses give really good colours

Advertisement