Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi room wiring...

Options
  • 15-03-2009 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hey, i dont know if i am in the correct forum or not. I have heard about but know nothing of a system that you are able to put into your home that can connect all your rooms together ie music...
    Also i was told that it is possible to text the house persay to turn on the lights upstairs or turn on the heating etc etc...
    i was told this can be done but i really dont know where to start looking for this system or what it is called....
    any help at all on this question would be greatly appreciated...
    thanks a million
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

The general term for this is "Smarthomes" so hit Google!

There's a huge range of functions available, with a huge range of prices to match, from multi-room audio and video distribution to
    controlling lighting, CCTV, curtains, heating.

I put in CAT5 ethernet to all rooms, we were only really interested in audio and video distribution. There's a good "nets and comms" forum on the Tech menu above with some very helpful posters in that area.

Good luck
    SSE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭annon123

thanks a million. Ill google that now.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The word Automation is also sometimes used. In most cases this stuff would be done for first builds, and the more fancier stuff is quite expensive.

Here is one example of a company: [Link]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

The general term for this is "Smarthomes" so hit Google!

There's a huge range of functions available, with a huge range of prices to match, from multi-room audio and video distribution to
    controlling lighting, CCTV, curtains, heating.

I put in CAT5 ethernet to all rooms, we were only really interested in audio and video distribution. There's a good "nets and comms" forum on the Tech menu above with some very helpful posters in that area.

Good luck
    SSE

thats a brand name:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

davelerave wrote: »
    thats a brand name:D

Well there's a company of that name, true!

Should have said "smart homes".....

SSE

• Advertisement

no bother:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭cossworxenergy

these systems can cost thousands but can actually be installed for a small ammount of money. I installed speakers into a new extension wired to ceiling speakers and to a mixer unit that plays tv,dvds,radio and music. Sound quality is unbelievable. Cost me 200 mixer unit. 20 euro speaker cable. 4 flush ceiling mounted speakers savage quality at 140. Total 360 euro.

these systems can cost thousands but can actually be installed for a small ammount of money. I installed speakers into a new extension wired to ceiling speakers and to a mixer unit that plays tv,dvds,radio and music. Sound quality is unbelievable. Cost me 200 mixer unit. 20 euro speaker cable. 4 flush ceiling mounted speakers savage quality at 140. Total 360 euro.

also cat5's to tvs for DLNA and back to common (NAS)location among many ideas i guess

Advertisement