Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flimbos quest

• 15-03-2009 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

hi lads
    im lookin for flimbos quest but cant find it anywhere.
    well i did but couldnt open the file.
    its for my gf.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

TURRICAN wrote: »
    hi lads
    im lookin for flimbos quest but cant find it anywhere.
    well i did but couldnt open the file.
    its for my gf.
    thanks
    What format is the file?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Sounds like you need Vice first before you open it.

Sounds like you need Vice first before you open it.
    Vice is a C-64 emulator. Flimbo's Quest was also released on the Amiga and the Atari ST among others. That's why I was wondering about the format. There's not much point in the OP dealing with Vice if he's got an Amiga disk image for example :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Ah I know that but I think he was looking for a c64 game before. Flimbo was also out on a cartridge, which might cause some problems opening it (if that's the format).

Ah I know that but I think he was looking for a c64 game before.
    That's true. He was posting about Turrican ironically enough :). You can always click the user's name and then select the "Find more posts by..." option to see what they have posted about if you're not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

thanks for the replies.yeah its on the c64 alright.and it was a cartridge.

thanks for the replies.yeah its on the c64 alright.and it was a cartridge.
    What emulator are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Had this on the commodore.. Can barely remember what it looks like! Long time ago now.

malice_ wrote: »
    What emulator are you using?

emulator??

emulator??
    Yes, emulator :). I was posting under the assumption that you were trying to run a C-64 game on your PC using something like Vice, CCS64 or Frodo.

Are you saying you are having trouble running an actual Flimbo's Quest cartridge on an actual C-64?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

bloody hell that brings back memories. I should still have that in me attic. Must check sometime. I remember the first level if you went to the ladder on the far left and held down that was a cheat. Cant remember what it done though lol.

malice_ wrote: »
    Yes, emulator :). I was posting under the assumption that you were trying to run a C-64 game on your PC using something like Vice, CCS64 or Frodo.

Are you saying you are having trouble running an actual Flimbo's Quest cartridge on an actual C-64?

no im tryin to download it to the laptop ,then play it if that can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 0010100

no im tryin to download it to the laptop ,then play it if that can be done.

You need an emulator, basically a program to run the c64 game files on your computer. Just download a program called VICE.

Although, I tried for quite some time to get flimbos quest working, the roms around the net don't seem to be working too well. I had to buy a cart online for a real c64....but now I've no joystick :( :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 pimpdaddypriest

heres the link for the game
    http://rapidshare.com/files/235331643/FLIMBOSQ.D64
    the link for win vice(a c64 emu for pc)
    http://www.viceteam.org/
    as this is a pain to run heres how:
    You have to emulate a joystick by some keys on your keyboard.
    Press Alt/I and set Control Port 2 to Joystick and choose a keyset (for example Keyset 2). Leave the setting for Control Port 1 to None.
    By selecting Define Joystick Keyset you can choose the keyset you selected earlier and change the settings for up/down/left/right and the fire button.

Advertisement