Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Un-litter training a kitten!

• 15-03-2009 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks. I've posted here before about our kitten . I've a few more questions...
    She's litter trained, and is very good about it, but I want to get her to start going outside. We are beginning to leave her outside for a few hours at a time; it's a quiet housing estate and there are loads of cats around. She never goes far at all.Anyway I want to get rid of the litterbox and have her go out when she needs to. Unfortunately she's certain that litter boxes and associated actions are indoors only.Not to get in to specifics, but she actually holds on to it until she can get in to her litter tray...
    So has anyone got any ideas how I can show her that she can go outside??I've put the litterbox outside the back door every so often, and she uses it alright, but only when she's really got to.How do I show her it's okay to go in flowerbeds or whatever ?(I know that's a whole other can of worms, but can we not get in to that please?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

You could try making a little pile of some of the litter material in a flower bed or wherever you want her to use.

My cat does the same - comes in from outside to use the litter tray. I'm glad though, at least I can dispose of it properly. Cats will often go out of their own garden to use the neighbours' gardens as a toilet - which could cause friction. I know you said you don't want to get into it, but some people are v. intolerant of that and you don't want your little kitten getting hurt because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

dan_d wrote: »
    How do I show her it's okay to go in flowerbeds or whatever ?(I know that's a whole other can of worms, but can we not get in to that please?)

Nice - it's people like you who p1ss off the neighbours and give responsible cat owners a bad name. :mad:

Advertisement