Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festival Tent

• 15-03-2009 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking for a good deal on a 1-2 person tent for a festival, as it is for for once off use I dont want to spend too much because it will be left there.

It would have to be waterproof though as I will be spending 5 nights in it, also easy assembly would be great, maybe a pop up tent but I'm not sure how waterproof they are. Any advice would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Dunnes Stores had one last summer for €15 I think.

They'll probably have them again closer to festival season.
    It was really easy to assemble, but also really small. It was meant to sleep 2, but you would have found it very difficult to fit 2 people plus bags and that.

As for waterproof, it was dodgey. €15 tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Had a Dunnes store one for a festival in 2006, not waterproof at all, got completely flooded, miserble experience wouldn't touch another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Some of my mates had the dunnes ones last year and they survived a bit of rain at a festival, lasted them the 4 days. They were a bit wrecked by the end but like the OP, they weren't coming home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Forget about Dunne's for a Tent, go to an outdoor shop and spend a few extra quid, at least you'll be dry! There is a decent Outdoor shop in Ennis, don't know the name, its on a side road off Abbey Street. They usually do a special of ****** if your anywhere near there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Lidl & Aldi do tents in April
    Last year Aldi offered http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2867_5617.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Don't get the pop-up tents, I seen lots of people at the last 3-4 festival I've been to looking all pompous been able to setup their tent in under 10sec's but I've NEVER seen anybody able to fold then back together....

Me and the GF has spent a good few hours drinking beer and watching people struggling trying to fold then backup until there anger gets to much an their either leave then or roll it into some epic mess....

Advertisement