Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify

Options
  • 16-03-2009 2:10am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone use spotify? reviews, views etc?

Also if anyone has an invitation code that would be sweet...

If you haven't heard of spotify:

Spotify is a new way to enjoy music. Simply download and install, before you know it you’ll be singing along to the genre, artist or song of your choice. With Spotify you are never far away from the song you want.

There are no restrictions in terms of what you can listen to or when. Forget about the hassle of waiting for files to download and fill up your hard drive before you get round to organising them. Spotify is instant, fun and simple.

Because music is social, Spotify allows you to share songs and playlists with friends, and even work together on collaborative playlists, Friday afternoon in the office might never be the same again! We’re music lovers like everyone else.

We want to connect millions of people with their favorite songs by creating a product that people love to use. We respect creativity and believe in fairly compensating artists for their work. We’ve cleared the rights to use the music you’ll listen to in Spotify.
    www.spotify.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Sounds like a fantastic idea actually. Hadn't heard of it. Will have to keep my eye on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Can't get it to work in Ireland. I used a proxy www.defilter.co.uk to sign up and everything was hunky dorey for a fortnight. Since then, i'm locked out. Anybody got any bright ideas on that front?

However, it's a cracking service. There are sod all in the line of omissions, and it's quite something that you literally have this mahoosive jukebox at your fingertips

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Being using it for about 2 weeks now. Very nice piece of software that seems a lot more polished than deezer.com

I use these sites to get ideas from others :

http://www.spotifylists.com/

http://www.yourspotify.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

People I know on European messageboards are raving about it. Not available here yet though. Here's hoping IMRO aren't ***** about it and realise a legal service is in their best interest.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Does anyone use spotify? reviews, views etc?

Also if anyone has an invitation code that would be sweet...

PM me an email address....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Lordg recommends spotify.

From another site :
    It will stop working very soon. Spotify checks your location constantly and not only when you download. It allows you to use it outside your original download country for 14 days. After a few days a bar will appear to notify you and after the two weeks it’ll stop working. The only option is to use a real UK proxy or TOR once after 14 days to give you another period of two weeks.

I live in France which is one of the 6 countries where Spotify is available without needing an invite. Any accounts I create will need to be reverified in under 2 weeks (if the above post is correct) by passing through a proxy (French?)

EDIT : If it wasn't against Boards.ie rules I'd be willing to set-up and host such a proxy service.

Advertisement