Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get gold melted in Dublin?

Options
  • 16-03-2009 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi,

I have some old jewels in 18Kt+ that I would like to melt in like pure gold 1Gr coins or so. Some are broken so I'd like to give them a second life.

Anyone knows a trusty place where I can get this done?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

A recession buster if I ever saw it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from After hours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I would have thought that any good jewellers would rework gold for you. Provided of course you can show proof of ownership and dont walk in with a pile of rings in a bag with 'Swag' written on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭-aboutagirl-

In the Powerscourt Centre there's quite a few small jewellery workshops on the second floor. I've had a few items melted down and remade in one of the shops there, can't remember the name though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

try o connors in harolds cross

• Advertisement
Advertisement