Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband (Default Gateway Error)

Options
  • 16-03-2009 3:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,

This isnt a problem Im having my girlfriend is having it so im doing my best to set up her internet for her, She got it the other day, Netopia 2247 router,
    Right she got a box in er room so she can plug the dsl into , so the dsl is in properly , the ethernet is going into the back also, All lights green (not flickering) so all good there, plus we can connect to it on laptop, wireless, so it does work

But the problem is getting it on the desktop PC,
    Put the installation disc in, went through the set up and during it we get default gateway error, I had this problem b4 with my own but I fixed it, I cant remember how , can someone plz help

Thanks

Adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

The easy way to remember what the default gateway is.....is where the PC looks if it cant find the address internally.

If you go to network connections and right click on Local Area Connection, then properties, then click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and Properties.
    I'm not sure how Eircom do it, but you will either have both (IP and DNS) "automatic" boxes ticked in which case the others will be blank. If not, can you let us know what the other boxes say. As far as I remember, the default IP address of Eircom modems is 192.168.1.254.

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

You don't actually need the disc for installation.
    Try connecting to IE as soon as you have everything connected.

If she wants wireless, try connect with the ethernet first.
    Most of the time the disc gives that error.

& check the modem lights to, if you have a flashing DSL, then it's a sync issue.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Also make sure there are no dial up connections set as the default on the desktop. Had this problem last week with a friend of mine.

Advertisement