Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Fair?

Options
  • 16-03-2009 8:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

I'd better make this quick before this thread is closed down. This is an important issue connected with politics and economics today. Our economy is banjaxed because of the actions of banks in the U.S. last year.
    I earn about €25,000 and I'm set to loose €40-50 a week and probably more after the budget as are most of you who reading this.
    I'm going to suffer this to provide millionaires the luxury of paying no tax at because of loopholes, tax havens and phony foreign citizenship. My question...Hands up anyone who thinks this is fair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

I'm going to suffer this to provide millionaires the luxury of paying no tax at because of loopholes, tax havens and phony foreign citizenship. My question...Hands up anyone who thinks this is fair?

Any millionaire will almost certainly pay more tax then I do. Even just the vat on a new millionaires car is probably more then I (or you) pay in tax in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Do you really believe that it was just the actions of American banks that has the economy of Ireland 'banjaxed'?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Two things: first, this is a forum for the discussion of political topics, not a platform for venting about how unfair the world is. Second, the fact that you said "...before this thread is closed down" suggests that you knew it was off-topic and would be closed - so why start it?

(Rhetorical question, thread closed.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement