Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel for Punchestown?

Options
  • 16-03-2009 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a hotel thats not charging €275 per night for the race week? Thats what the Osprey and the Killashee house are anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

Only other hotels in Naas area is the Mauldings and Lawlors - say they're about the same price as their owners linked to Killashee. You could try Keadeen in Newbridge, Standhouse in the Curragh. Otherwise B&Bs are cheaper but possibly all booked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

It's a nightmare- I'm looking for a hotel in Naas for a festival in Punchestown on July 10, 11th and 12th!! They all seem to be booked out....

Lillylilly wrote: »
    It's a nightmare- I'm looking for a hotel in Naas for a festival in Punchestown on July 10, 11th and 12th!! They all seem to be booked out....

The problem is most people book in when they check out the previous year. There are some really nice B&Bs in the area you could try but for both races and oxegyen you'd need to book fairly quickly

naastown.com list 4 B&B all of which are really nice and convienent to punchestown - LOUGH DALE HOUSE is just a few mins from Naas and really nice all the rest are in Naas town. As these are the best I'd book quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

I know you said you wanted to stay in Naas,but a lot of race goers stay in Clane as its only a short taxi drive away and the Westgrove hotel is very nice not sure if it would be booked out yet.Clane only ten min drive to Naas.

• Advertisement

holly1 wrote: »
    I know you said you wanted to stay in Naas,but a lot of race goers stay in Clane as its only a short taxi drive away and the Westgrove hotel is very nice not sure if it would be booked out yet.Clane only ten min drive to Naas.

pobably the same price as Killashee - another owners linked to Killashee - you could try - however allow extra time to get to races as you'll get caught in more traffic coming from that side of town, sallins can be a nightmare to come through when traffic is busy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Amtaxi, that website is so helpful, thanks so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

To be honest, I'd try some B&Bs and guest houses over hotels for Punchestown as the some hotels seem to put up their prices for the races. If you have a car, then you could try areas surrounding Naas rather than the town itself. You could try Blessington, Ballymore Eustace, Hollywood, Kilcullen, etc. They're all about a 20 minute drive from Punchestown, and that's allowing for a lot of traffic (like the Friday traffic of 2 years ago! - it was mental!). The prices might be a bit more consumer friendly, too. Have fun at the races! I'm getting excited about Punchestown week already! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Scober11

Try citywest i bet they'll have a bus service running to Punchestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

OK thanks for the replies lads. I will try for a b&b in Naas maybe so. I would like to stay in the town if possible for a bit of nightlife!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mcgrate

Hi All, try the green isle for accommodation near punchestown. approx 10-15 mins asfar as i know. usually a bus running. Defo one for ac/dc because ive booked it! room cost me 59eruos. www.greenislehotel.com i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

I know the races are over but for the AC\DC concert give at least an hour to get to punchestown.

None peak time GI to punchestown 30 - 40 mins.

Races\concerts GI to punchestown 60+

I know people to took over an hour from naas to races at certain times.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Athgarvan Inn is another place to try - about 2 miles outside Newbridge towards Punchestown. I think it has about 10 rooms.

Also good bar, restaurant & taxi service.

Advertisement