Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB Credit Rating?

Options
  • 16-03-2009 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I asked fro a copy of my ICB credit rating last week and have the results in my hand. It woould appear that the last bank to ask for my rating was told that I'm a ICB CRIF 1 of 422.

How bad is this? I read that 548 is the lowest risk and 367 is the highest...

I am closer to high risk. But I'm still not sure of how bad I am... Whould a bank even look at me with this score?

Does it change based on how many times someone has looked you up?

For example, one bank checked me out on the 20th and got 465 then 4 days later another bank checked and I was at 422...? How could anything else have changed so much in the 4 days?

Any suggestions about this please thx!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭cyberbob

Bill-e wrote: »
    Hi there,

I asked fro a copy of my ICB credit rating last week and have the results in my hand. It woould appear that the last bank to ask for my rating was told that I'm a ICB CRIF 1 of 422.

How bad is this? I read that 548 is the lowest risk and 367 is the highest...

I am closer to high risk. But I'm still not sure of how bad I am... Whould a bank even look at me with this score?

Does it change based on how many times someone has looked you up?

For example, one bank checked me out on the 20th and got 465 then 4 days later another bank checked and I was at 422...? How could anything else have changed so much in the 4 days?

Any suggestions about this please thx!

422 is on the low side, it could be influenced by several things... performance on your other credit , age , credit appetite, any details they have on file, including potentially the amount of banks you've enquired with. its a black box though so you can never fully know. Were both banks working the same version of CRIF?. If you've had some dent in your history which you can explain than you can only try to explain it to the bank and go from there.

Advertisement