Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beep by Baby Elegance Buggy

Options
  • 16-03-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just wondering has anyone heard anything about this buggy?

It's not actually out yet (I've been told March 25th) but it looks like a very good package and I've seen it in a few catalogues.

For €399, ya get:

Carrycot
    Pushchair
    Chassis
    CarSeat
    Adaptor
    Buggy Bag
    Rain Cover

I can't find any pics or anything on the web. Maybe because its not out yet but it is on page 2 of Byrne's World of Wonder's latest baby catalogue.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I found a pic.
    http://www.mamababe.com/products.php?cat=32

It looks nice and is very light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

wow im impressed with this ! Just started looking into buggies/prams treating myself to a new one cos the last one i had was way too big and bulky this looks ideal !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

wow im impressed with this ! Just started looking into buggies/prams treating myself to a new one cos the last one i had was way too big and bulky this looks ideal !

Yep, it definitely looks good. The local shop told me they'd have it in for display on the 25th of March. The price seems to be the same everywhere - €399.

It seems to be a very good price so just worried its too good to be true at the moment!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Check UK sites for prices too.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Check UK sites for prices too.

I haven't been able to find it on any yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 shelly4720

I have heard that it is a lovely buggy - very similar to the Quinny, but much more reasonably priced - there's a shop in Lisnaskea that will have it in stock in the next week, 4 n 1 package is £339 - a bit of a saving - but good price regardless. i hope to head up there in the next few weeks and get the buggy and car seat (I dont really want the carry cot) which will work out at £284. If anyone has it already i'd be interested to hear if it is sturdy ad easy to put up and fold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

So thats an 'all in' price of £623.00 for the full package (inc carrycot)?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 shelly4720

Camelot wrote: »
    So thats an 'all in' price of £623.00 for the full package (inc carrycot)?

No, the All in price is £339 for buggy, car seat, carry cot, changing bag and rain cover.

I dont want all that, so the price for just the buggy and car seat is £284

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Very good, I must check it out ..................

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭clouds

This does look lovely, ticks all the boxes, good value too.
    Must bring it for a test drive at the weekend.
    Does anyone know if there's a base for the car seat - doesn't seem to be - might make transferring in and out of car a bit of a hassle.
    Does anyone else find this buggy search an awful headwreck? was it the same for our parents I wonder or did they just fix wheels to a wooden box and think it was great?:rolleyes:
    I was looking at the graco Quattro, am being budget conscious and this one is €320 in Mothercare for the 3 piece, but its heavy.

• Advertisement

There is fantastic value on the graco quattro tour de luxe from onlline4baby.
    It is a bit big and heavy but pretty nice and very sturdy.
    The only car seat bases I know are the graco and maxi cosi ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Moonbeam wrote: »
    There is fantastic value on the graco quattro tour de luxe from onlline4baby.
    It is a bit big and heavy but pretty nice and very sturdy.
    The only car seat bases I know are the graco and maxi cosi ones.

Britax and mamas and papas have a base too. I know silvercross and maclaren don't. I was shopping recently with my sister and this was a big selling point ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Maclaren actually do but its not isofixed and few shops do them

Maxi cosi and britax both do an isofixed base but maxi cosi has performed the best in crash testing and is much easier to fit than the britax

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slogue

Hi

Just wondering does anyone have the Beep by Baby Elegance and what are their thoughts on it

We like the weight (5KG for chassis) and price

Are there any down sides?

It for the first child and we hope to use it for sleeping downstairs.

Herself has some back problem so we are looking at this or the iCandy Cheery as both are light weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lolly55

There is a new version of the Beep buggy coming along stream at the end of september - it will be called the beep + and it will have a surefix base for the carseat. Still the exact same buggy just better............:P:p:P

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kiwikid

lolly55 wrote: »
    There is a new version of the Beep buggy coming along stream at the end of september - it will be called the beep + and it will have a surefix base for the carseat. Still the exact same buggy just better............:P:p:P
    i think this is the one they are talking about

I bought the older version a few months ago and its a good deal but did not have the base or isofix yokie and was still 375e.

It does not have pumped tyres - Quinny does.
    It does have all the stuff in as a deal - bag, footmuffs, rain covers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jessy30

It looks nice and it's a good value for a package:).
    Is it available in any store or just online???
    Has anyone seen it in any shop in Dublin???
    I don't recall ever seeing it:confused:

jessy30 wrote: »
    It looks nice and it's a good value for a package:).
    Is it available in any store or just online???
    Has anyone seen it in any shop in Dublin???
    I don't recall ever seeing it:confused:

I got it from our local baby shop here in Virginia in cavan. Byrne's toys had it and I can't get into babyelegance.ie in work but I'd imagine you can order it from there.

That said, the Beep is sold out I was told yesterday. We have ours ordered and shop have it but we haven't collected it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This buggy is available in Toymaster in Dun Laoghaire and the Toymaster oposite the Jervis Street shopping centre in Dublin.
    Toymaster in Dun Laoghaire also take deposits on it.

This buggy is available in Toymaster in Dun Laoghaire and the Toymaster oposite the Jervis Street shopping centre in Dublin.
    Toymaster in Dun Laoghaire also take deposits on it.

Thanks a lot for letting know ;) That's good news;)
    I need to pop in there and have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Hey there,

Just wondering if anyone had any new info or experiences with this buggy. We were pretty much settled on iCandy Cherry, but now I think I should look into this one first.

We have a narrow entrance (60cm approx) so that's the main limitation for us (along with small boot). Does anyone know the width of the buggy offhand?

I'll try Toymaster anyway.
    Thanks

Just saw the Beep Elegance today and its light and something like am looking for.

Am just wondering does if any anyone has used the Beep buggy and if so how long the buggy it will last for? - I wanna get something I don't need to replace in 12 months ?

I know the Beep car seat lasts till 12 months - hard to find on web how long the buggy does?

shinehead wrote: »
    Just saw the Beep Elegance today and its light and something like am looking for.

Am just wondering does if any anyone has used the Beep buggy and if so how long the buggy it will last for? - I wanna get something I don't need to replace in 12 months ?

I know the Beep car seat lasts till 12 months - hard to find on web how long the buggy does?

We bought the Beep and collected it the other day. My OH's niece is 2 and a half and is fairly big and she was able to sit in the buggy.

Does anybody have experience of using this buggy? I really like it but was wondering what it would be like in everyday use? :confused:
    I'm finding it hard to get some first hand experience of anyone using it. :(
    It seems such good value.

jessy30 wrote: »
    Does anybody have experience of using this buggy? I really like it but was wondering what it would be like in everyday use? :confused:
    I'm finding it hard to get some first hand experience of anyone using it. :(
    It seems such good value.

We should be using ours from next week on. Alot of the feedback I've heard is that its the exact same as a Quinny.

Hey Lemlin,

Would you mind letting us know how you get on?? I'm probably going to order the Beep system at the weekend, but would love some reassurance first if possible.

thanks,
    mrsmcduck.

hey girls!

We decided to go for this buggy and bought it eventually:D!!!
    It's being ready waiting till our little one arrives, which I hope is soon!!!;)
    It's very nice, handy and light.
    I think we're gonna be happy with using it!:)
    My folks like it too;)

mrsmcduck wrote: »
    Hey Lemlin,

Would you mind letting us know how you get on?? I'm probably going to order the Beep system at the weekend, but would love some reassurance first if possible.

thanks,
    mrsmcduck.

It's working great for us so far. The buggy is meant to last until they are 3 I think. Its easy to put up/down once you get the hang of it. We're using ours with the wee lad two weeks now and haven't had any problems.

Lemlin wrote: »
    It's working great for us so far. The buggy is meant to last until they are 3 I think. Its easy to put up/down once you get the hang of it. We're using ours with the wee lad two weeks now and haven't had any problems.

That's great to hear, thanks for the feedback. I ordered ours last weekend - baby due in January.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mjpwall

This is a great system.

Beep+ travel system available here:

Beep+ Travel System

Good company and often have discounts so worth checking out.

Advertisement