Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers in the north

Options
  • 16-03-2009 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

allright alcos.

Quick question, is the bulmers in the north the same as bulmers in the south?
    The can seems different to the south.

im going up to the north & the prices are so much more cheaper than down here, I plan on buying a load., me just wants to be sure.

Cheers

http://www.sainsburys.com/groceries/frameset/navigation_frame.jsp
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭cooperla

Bulmers would be called Magners up north I would imagine OP.

Other than that it should be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Bulmers down here is Magners up the North, however the Bulmers that is available up there is the English cider(brewed in Hereford i think), and is far nicer.....

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

They have marketed the bottle and can in a similar way to Bulmers down here

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Here is the 2 different labels.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Why oh why don't they just call their product range Magners?
    It saves on packaging, advertising and they can concentrate on building one brand.
    They laid off close to 70 people last month which was sad to see, worth a try.

OP, your question has been answered already It's Magners you want, not Bulmers when you head up North

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭funkydunkey

Have to say i cant stand the bulmers up north. no bite at all, overloaded with sugar too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

-Phuqer- wrote: »
    I know loads of people who've gone up and gotten loads of Bulmers thinking it's our Bulmers (Magners).

Result=unhappy people.

how have they not heard that it's magners up in nordie land?
    have they never watched utv?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

mikemac wrote: »
    Why oh why don't they just call their product range Magners?
    It saves on packaging, advertising and they can concentrate on building one brand.

Here's your answer ;)
    2. Why is Bulmers Only Called Bulmers in the Republic of Ireland?

Bulmers Ltd. do not own the trade mark for Bulmers outside of the Republic of Ireland.

The Magners name is derived from the name of local Clonmel man, William Magner, who in 1935 started cider production and founded the company which is today Bulmers of Clonmel.

The Magners brand name was developed by Bulmers Ltd. in 1999 when the company decided to apply its outstandingly successful home market development strategy to a number of export markets. The Magners brand, which intentionally mirrors all the product and design characteristics of the Bulmers brand, was successfully test marketed in Spain, Germany and Northern Ireland and is now exported to 15 countries worldwide.

Bulmers is the name that has stuck in Ireland, rebranding it today as Magners in Ireland would be seen as 'taking the English name' :rolleyes:. What they should have done was rebranded it as Magners in Ireland FIRST, then launched it in other countries...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement