Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching back to eircom?

Options
  • 16-03-2009 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of switching back to eircom from BT who I am paying in the region of €110 to €120 every two months for 1mb broadband, line rental and VAT.

Eircom are offering all local and national calls at any time along with all calls to Meteor mobiles at any time, 1mb broadband, line rental and VAT for €50 a month.

Would this be worth going for or does this €50 subsequently increase when you join as with BT we were paying €35 a month for the broadband and stuff, increased to €40 a month with ancillary calls roudning it up to €110 -€120 a month.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It seems you are making another €20 a month in calls, to where ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

God knows Sponge! Probably mobile calls that ain't included in the package...

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

I would be careful about moving to Eircom specifically for this package considering Comreg have said it is anti competitive. It will probably take Comreg a while to do anything about it however don't be surprised if the price is brought up in a few months or they simply drop the free meteor calls portion of the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

Fabio wrote: »
    Eircom are offering all local and national calls at any time along with all calls to Meteor mobiles at any time, 1mb broadband, line rental and VAT for €50 a month.
    I would strongly recommend the eircom bundle. I am saving a fortune on it. Calls to mobile were a huge part of the bill before moving to this bundle. I was in the lucky position to be able to also move several of the most commonly called mobiles to Meteor (family). Meteor's packages are very good value in any case, so I had no problem doing this, and I have found the quality of their network excellent.

eircom have a few other nice features, like free Wi-Fi access on their hotspots in the airport, coffee shops etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Isaac702 wrote: »
    I would be careful about moving to Eircom specifically for this package considering Comreg have said it is anti competitive. It will probably take Comreg a while to do anything about it however don't be surprised if the price is brought up in a few months or they simply drop the free meteor calls portion of the package.

i work for eircom and you can still get the package with meteor calls til the end of the month and after march if you have they wont take them out because you had prior to the deadline and i would sugest the 3mb friends same price but just keep all your calls til after 6 during the week days and its all day weekends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

What I should do is try and get an itemised bill to see where the calls are being made...

I'd say we could save a lot at home alright although Vodafone At Home have a package at €29 a month for 6 months (€50 thereafter) for line rental, 3mb BB, free landline calls and free calls to 3 vodafone mobiles. I think you must have a vodafone mobile bill rather than pre-pay too though so that goes out the window.

And you must have a TV package to get onto UPC yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

What I should do is try and get an itemised bill to see where the calls are being made...

I'd say we could save a lot at home alright although Vodafone At Home have a package at €29 a month for 6 months (€50 thereafter) for line rental, 3mb BB, free landline calls and free calls to 3 vodafone mobiles. I think you must have a vodafone mobile bill rather than pre-pay too though so that goes out the window.

ye the vodafone calls are for jut 30 mins a month,we give free calls to meteor for up to one hour on each call*FUP applies of 500 mins a month though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

no ya can get broabband on its own but its cheaper in a bundle

Advertisement