Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 - What am I doing wrong...?

• 16-03-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Bought 02 broadband before christmas with the usb key modem that you put the 3g sim into (huawei!!). Quality was very good and reception great. Modem after two months working or so packed it in. Sent it back early last month to 02 shop to be repaired. They could not fix it and are still waiting to replace it a month later.

Also have an o2 pay monthly mobile account.

Am I not just better joining the two accounts and getting a 3g phone with a good modem speed and using that as my laptop modem. I dont do tons of uploadingand downloading. just a bit of facebook, youtube etc at home in the evenings.

Any advice would be appreciated.

zoom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

what's the delay with replacing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 zoom505

after two weeks was told they couldnt fix the modem so were going to replace it 4 me. another week or so passed and they said modem isnt back in stock and still waiting....

wish it would get fixed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

zoom505 wrote: »
    after two weeks was told they couldnt fix the modem so were going to replace it 4 me. another week or so passed and they said modem isnt back in stock and still waiting....

wish it would get fixed..

I hope that O2 don't expect you to pay for the time you've been without your modem. I can't see how they can justify charging you for a month's service if you've been without a modem for that time; through no fault of your own. Have you brought this subject up with them? Do they have another USB modem that is in stock and that you can avail of instead instead of you waiting over a month for a replacement?

I complained and they are crediting me back last months bill they took off me. Interestingly they said this is the only time they could do this for me. Am surprised the service has been so poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I complained and they are crediting me back last months bill they took off me. Interestingly they said this is the only time they could do this for me. Am surprised the service has been so poor.

Well at least they're sorting out the bill. Did they mention anything about your modem replacement or whether they were willing to upgrade you to a different USB modem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Bought 02 broadband before christmas with the usb key modem that you put the 3g sim into (huawei!!). Quality was very good and reception great. Modem after two months working or so packed it in. Sent it back early last month to 02 shop to be repaired. They could not fix it and are still waiting to replace it a month later.

Also have an o2 pay monthly mobile account.

Am I not just better joining the two accounts and getting a 3g phone with a good modem speed and using that as my laptop modem. I dont do tons of uploadingand downloading. just a bit of facebook, youtube etc at home in the evenings.

Any advice would be appreciated.

zoom.

Funnily enough I have had the same modem pack up on me. What happened with yours? Mine keeps disconnecting itself for no reason even if the signal strength is good.

Encountered that problem aswell but only from one room in the house. Generally when we stayed downstairs no problem. Eventhough signal was strong which would seem to suggest its not a reception issue.

They have a new sierra modem I see. Obviously the huwaeis or whatever they are,aarent cutting it. I wonder how bad the problem really is with other folk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Encountered that problem aswell but only from one room in the house. Generally when we stayed downstairs no problem. Eventhough signal was strong which would seem to suggest its not a reception issue.

They have a new sierra modem I see. Obviously the huwaeis or whatever they are,aarent cutting it. I wonder how bad the problem really is with other folk?

I have just updated the firmware on mine from the O2 website and seems to be working fine now. It hasn't dropped out in the last hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

If it does drop off can you let me know. I might be able to help.

Advertisement