Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good PC Game for 6 Yr old?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

5uspect wrote: »
    I never got beyond the tutorial :(
    I don't like the way Rare aggressively hand hold at the beginning of their games.

same exact reason I couldn't stick it out.... the tutorial just kept on dragging. Being a person who never reads the manual and learns as I go I found the forcing of mundane tutorial tasks to be a deal breaker and I quit the game.

But still, would be good for a child, its colourful and I've heard it does pick up greatly in quality the further you get into it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

L31mr0d wrote: »
    same exact reason I couldn't stick it out.... the tutorial just kept on dragging. Being a person who never reads the manual and learns as I go I found the forcing of mundane tutorial tasks to be a deal breaker and I quit the game.

But still, would be good for a child, its colourful and I've heard it does pick up greatly in quality the further you get into it.

Indeed. If the game comes with a manual I'll read it, don't spoon feed me for three hours!
    Banjo Kazzoie Nuts & Bolts was similar, but once you get past the horrendous pretty much unskippable opening sequence and tutorial its great fun. Incidently it's another (xbox360) game to add to the OPs list. The vehicle builder is great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Found a proper Open Source TTD game.

simutrans
    http://simutrans.sourceforge.net/

Might be a bit complicated but worth a go. I played TTD all the time as a kid in my teens and was able to make millions :) It is just amazing fun. Forces the costing of a project and working out efficient routes to keep costs down. Basically maintain a budget while building a transport company and decide the best transport option (including length of train) and setting up multiple trains on a line with signals to ensure there is no collision.

Its great fun, I'd recommend it to anyone here not just the OP. If your kid can't handle it, you'll probably love it ;)

Advertisement