Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photoblog- are 'random' and 'category' links on every page essential?

• 16-03-2009 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,158 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a photoblog using Wordpress.com and like the style a lot.
    the only think I don't like about it is it's not customizable- I want to have 'previous' 'next' (images) and 'random' links in the header like this photoblog

My blog has < and > but it's underneath the photo so not easy to see/navigate sometimes.

Do you think that people actually use these links a lot and is it much easier when they're above the photo?
    I'm thinking of changing just for this reason...

Cheers,
    pa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Get your own hosting etc and then change the theme (if you stick with WP that is). That will allow you to modify it to suit you ie colours, width, image size, navigation etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

If you get hosting and stick with WP, you need to change from wordpress.com to wordpress.org.

Can anyone recommend good, cheap(ish) hosting?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Your much better off with your own hosting,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Covey wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend good, cheap(ish) hosting?

I vaguely remember Rymus going to Blacknight. I think a few others on here are with them too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭nilhg

Some broadband packages include hosting, even the entry level ones should be OK for a photoblog. Or if you are a 3rd level student you could have a look at this freebie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I'm with Blacknight and Hosting365. I would highly advise staying away from H365!!

Advertisement