Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 Electrical Question

Options
  • 16-03-2009 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there

New to Boards.ie and hoping someone can help. I have an Aritech CS 350 alarm system. I'm considering disabling the system completely and wondered is it safe to just cut the wires to all sensors. I've taken the sensor boxes off the windows and had no problem there but now have wires dangling and not sure if it's safe to clip them back. Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

is it safe to just cut the wires to all sensors
    Yes, no problem.

But I would not do this, because you may want a wired alarm system again and it may cost a lot to get it wired again! There are much more modern alarms available now (although it may be possible for the current alarm to be fixed). Installing a new system with new sensors and it can look very neat, increase security and increase the value of your property.

In todays world I would not reccomend anyone gets rid of their alarm!

Many people now install and maintain their own alarm for small money. All the information/support you need is available here for free! If you dont feel up to that there is no shortage of alarm installers that will install a modern alarm for you often in just a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 James_2008

Thanks for the quick reply. Good thinking. Will just tidy away wires that are there. We're thinking of getting something more modern in so no harm to have the wiring there. Thanks again!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

No problem. I am stuck in front a PC all day, this sort of thing keeps me entertained :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your best option if you want to hide the wires is to buy some 5 or 9 way junction boxes , cut the wires back to 3 -4 inches, mount the boxes tight to where the wire come out of the plaster & put the wires in the junction box.
    Nice & tidy & still there if you need them.

Advertisement