Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with NTL / Chorus Service.

Options
  • 16-03-2009 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

Monday 9th March: NTL Around lunchtime, the screen became white with a message saying "your set top box is being upgraded" it may take a few minutes. This lasted all day and tuesday morning the screen still showed the same display.

Tuesday 10th March: Rang NTL Customer Service around lunch time and explained what was happpening. Was told by person i was speaking to that they "would pass the message on" and we'd be up and working in a few minutes.
    This did not happen and on ringing customer service again the same day was told it could take up to 24 hours.

Wednesday 11th March: Still no change, rang customer service back to be told it could take 48 hours.

Thursday 12th March:Was told it was in hand and we should be receiving service in the next few hours.

Friday 13th March: Still no service

Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th March: Still no service.

Monday 16th March: Was told the matter had been emailed (to engineers presumably) and marked urgent. service should be resumed by this evening.

Is there any other action that can be taken if service is not restored as customer service doesn't seem to be doing anything useful.

Also, can I say I expect not to be charged for the week in which I have received no service?

any ideas/suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CorkLady1983

have had the same issue on more than one occasion.

You are entitled to refund for days you didn't have service, however they will say you are only entitled to refund from the day you reported the fault to them ....

Can be several reason why this has happened, box needs to be upgraded(why can't they tell you this without it happening first!)... power supply is outdated and technican needs to come to swap the boxes. You address may appear on a 30 day overdue account, and some moran switches it off the signal without contacting you. This has happened to me twice, because they have my address spelt wrong on the system...

hope this helps.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Onto them again this evening, they said they'd have to send an engineer out. My ma was the one who rang and got pissed off saying, this is ridiculous, if I hadn't rang this evening, you would not have rang me back to inform me what needed to be done. She made it clear she was an unsatisfied customer.

The person on the phone then said the earliest an engineer can call out is between 1 and 5 on Friday. This did not help improve the situation.

It is ridiculous customer service. I do not believe there will be someone here on Friday. I am considering calling them every hour on the hour from 1pm asking where is the engineer? when's the engineer coming? will he be here soon?.................... etc, etc, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

any ideas/suggestions?

It's time to cease your "service" with NTL. You can get all the main Irish & UK channels free-to-air in superb digital quality using a combination of Satellite and aerial. There is loads of info on Terrestrial and Satellite boards. You can get dish, antenna and a really nice receiver with HD and hard-disk pause/record etc. for less than the price of one years NTL subscription. All completely legal.

...and the best part...you'll never have another annual subscription to pay...and you'll never have to ring NTL customer care again.

(if you don't want to go free-to-air, you should consider Sky - also much better and more reliable than NTL)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

as above, or just plug straight into the wall which is what i have donr.

I have not received a final bill since last requesting my modem and tv supply history so I could send it to comreg. Mind i still may get it but well rid of digital and internet.

Advertisement