Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Victoria Line service next Saturday 21st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Lads, has anyone used the non express train from stansted airport to Northumberland park. Was about to book the express and spotted this. For 2 adults,1 child its 40.00 v 63.00 on the express. It takes 48 mins rather than the 35 on express but you have a far shorter walk afterwards. Just wondering if its a better option or is it safest to stick to the express?
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Mark, you can buy tickets to Northumberland Park and still use the Express trains! Just get off the train at Tottenham Hale, then wait for a northbound train on the opposite platform. Still costs the same as you said.

Or like me, nip out of Hale and jump in a cab to the Coach!!!

Cheers Ronan, sounds like a plan. Rather the 20 in my pocket than theirs. Didnt realise same ticket would work. If you are on the 8.10 to stansted you can jump in the taxi with us from Hale because I'll be getting a taxi back to the coach anyway.

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Cheers Ronan, sounds like a plan. Rather the 20 in my pocket than theirs. Didnt realise same ticket would work. If you are on the 8.10 to stansted you can jump in the taxi with us from Hale because I'll be getting a taxi back to the coach anyway.

I'm not travelling mate, Shane is though. My next game is WBA

Yeah, the train combo is fine. If you check the National Rail journey planner it will give you that combination and allow you to get the cheap day return rather than the full fare to Tottenham Hale. The ticket says "any route permitted" but their by-laws mean that your supposed to complete the full journey without a break, i.e. you must get a connecting train to Northumberland Park, for the ticket to be valid. In practise there's very little scope for them to check, but I have seen ticket inspectors at times in the station checking people's tickets as they head towards the platform. Play the dumb Irish man routine :D

Also worth checking to see if there will be any services stopping at Northumberland Park after the game that will bring you to Stansted, they sometimes run a couple. Spurs website should have details in coming days.

Cheers Ronan. I'll keep an eye out for Shane. Seen you sorted the other lad out for WBA tickets, fair play. Sure I will see you at either the Barcodes or City games before end of season.

• Advertisement

Cheers Ronan. I'll keep an eye out for Shane. Seen you sorted the other lad out for WBA tickets, fair play. Sure I will see you at either the Barcodes or City games before end of season.

City game mate, gonna make a weekend of it if you're interested?

Definitely goona try get a few heads from here to meet up on the day.

Not to sure about the weekend but will let you know. Think its prob going to be a day trip at the moment. Meet up sounds good, think there was someone else trying to organise too. All head to the Bill Nic and look at the "ahem" scenery before the game..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

See you at the gate for a pint Mark.
    Looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Alright lads, just looking for advice on the best way to get to the lane from Heathrow? Heading over on Saturday morning.

Two options:

1. Heathrow Express to Paddington, then Circle or Hammersmith & City tube to Liverpool Street. Catch train from there to White Hart Lane or Northumberland Park station. Check the FAQ sticky thread for how to get from either station to ground.

2. Picadilly Line from Heathrow to King's Cross, then tube Circle/Hammersmith&City/Metropolitan tube to Liverpool Street, for same as above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

thanks for that!

See you in the morning Shane, cant wait .

lads - know this is covered elsewhere but just thought its worth saying again that if you are heading tomorrow via stansted go to http://tickets.nationalexpresseastcoast.com/nxec/en/JourneyPlanning/MixingDeck
    and book stansted to Northumberland park.
    Day ret 16 gbp v 24 on the express. every penny and all that. See therecklessones explanation further up to clarify how it works..
    COYS.

Advertisement