Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good seafood restaurant?

Options
  • 16-03-2009 1:36pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a good seafood restaurant in Cork. It doesn't have to be in the city, but I'd prefer it not to be too far out. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Faith wrote: »
    I'm looking for a good seafood restaurant in Cork. It doesn't have to be in the city, but I'd prefer it not to be too far out. Any ideas?

Fishy Fishy in Kinsale is excellent. Check first if it open. I think some restaurants close till the summer season. A bit out of the city as well.

Link for restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Trojan911 wrote: »
    Fishy Fishy in Kinsale is excellent. Check first if it open. I think some restaurants close for the summer season. A bit out of the city as well.

Link for restaurants.

+1 It's the very best. They only open when they have fresh fish so u know it's good

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Great, thanks. But is there anywhere that's open on a regular basis, including evenings, and takes reservations?

I checked out the link, but I'd like personal recommendations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

I've heard the cornstore on the coal quay do a savage lobster.

T

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

In the city, I can't think of a seafood restaurant, but Les Gourmandises is a French restaurant that has a lot of fish on the menu, I would recommend that. Alternatively, (maybe it's a bit far out, and I was never there) O'Callaghan-Walshe in Rosscarbery has a good reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

The Bosun in Monkstown

MC

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The Bosun in Monkstown

MC

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks! Only now I want everything on the menu :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Yes they have quite a spread. Hope you enjoy.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

The Bosun in Monkstown

MC

Good call, forgot about that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Illkillya wrote: »
    Good call, forgot about that one

+1 !!! and it's only 2 mins down the road from me..:D nomnom:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

has a seafood menu also. An excellent restaurant with a pianist every night from 8pm onwards. Situated in Lapps Quay in the City (next to the Clarion Hotel). The food & service is great.

The menu & prices are here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

If anyone fancies going a bit further afield, try Deasy's in Ring, near Clonakilty - I love Fishy Fishy, but Deasy's blew me away......

Andip wrote: »
    If anyone fancies going a bit further afield, try Deasy's in Ring, near Clonakilty - I love Fishy Fishy, but Deasy's blew me away......

Agree there. I've always heard good reports about Deasys, but the down side is, it is always booked out (which is a sign of a good restaurant).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Jimmy1bob

Fenns Quay Restaurant in cork city does great seafood.
    The fish of the day changes daily.

But don't take my word for it check this out.
    http://conoroneill.com/2009/04/23/fenns-quay-is-a-gem/

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

I'd go for Fishy Fishy in Kinsale too. It's pretty good in Man Fridays in Kinsale also but that's a bit pricey! Had a magnificent fish dish in Ecos in Douglas last year and it was very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Jimmy1bob

Trojan911 wrote: »
    has a seafood menu also. An excellent restaurant with a pianist every night from 8pm onwards. Situated in Lapps Quay in the City (next to the Clarion Hotel). The food & service is great.

The menu & prices are here.
    They might offer seafood but by all accounts its not worth paying for.
    http://thedineandwineclub.blogspot.com/2009/06/boardwalk-bar-grill.html

Advertisement