Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No pain No Gain

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

Looks good. Glad the swim session was "fun" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

Thursday 27th August 2009

PM Swim Session : 1k

Suppose to be drill session but ended up chatting to too many people in the pool :o , dont really know what i got out of that session !

Friday 29th August 2009

AM : Swim Speed Session

300m :warm up
    500m :10*50m speed drills (25fast/25recovery) , 15sec recovery
    100m :loosen out
    300m :3*100m moderate race pace , 20sec recovery
    300m : warm down
    1500m :Total

Good session , a bit tired today though from yesterdays chat in the pool , swim session over for the week , 3 sessions :).

Saturday 29th August 2009

tempo Run : mile warm up , 2.25mi in 15min & 10min tempo (dont know distance , 10min warm down , total distance 8.5k

Sunday 30th August 2009

Club Session : 1000m OWS & 23k cycle(lough key route) : nice to train with a group for a change , got caught up in a serious shower on the cycle.

Weeks Total
    4 Swim Sessions : 1500m/1500m/1000m/1000m : 5000m
    3 Bike Sessions : 29k/40k/23k : 92k
    1 run : 8k tempo :(

Generally speaking not a great week , external factors dominating along with a bit of laziness , however did get a goods weeks swimming in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Seres wrote:
    dont know how some of ye folk can run marathons !
    We run slower! The equivalent pace of your 1:20 10 mile run, would be a marathon at 8:34/mile.
    But, the equivalent of your 40 minute 10k races, would be a marathon at 7:10/mile pace! (Sub 3:10).

Monday 31st August 2009

PM : Swim
    50m : warm up , arrived late for session
    750m: 250*3 at race pace
    50m : pool golf
    25m : arm only , stroke count challenge , came last on 26 , 1st 17
    125m: 3*25m sprints , 2*25m recovery swim
    50m : warm down

handy enough session , bit too much chatting and messing but good fun!

• Advertisement

Tuesday 1st September 2009

Tempo Run : 5.25mil , 10min warm up , 2*10min tempo , 10min warm up

Wednesday 2nd September 2009

20k Cycle : 20k cycle with 5*3min speed bursts with 2min recovery

wanted to keep speed bursts short with longer recovery just to keep the legs fresh.

Thursday 3rd September 2009

Easy 4mi recovery run : legs felt bit stiff and sore on yesterdays cycle so just did unplanned few miles to loosen them out

Thursday 3rd September 2009

PM : Swim lesson
    50 warm up
    100 leg work
    100 arm work
    50 sprint
    50 easy
    250 : concentratibg on stroke
    100 warm down
    700m total

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ladytri

Well done on a great result yesterday! 1st age category win and with 4th place overall I can foresee a top three finish next season being on the cards!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

ladytri wrote: »
    Well done on a great result yesterday! 1st age category win and with 4th place overall I can foresee a top three finish next season being on the cards!;)

WOW, way to go Seres!!

• Advertisement

ladytri wrote: »
    thanks ladytri , was very jammy , passed 2 girls in the last minute , my swim seems to be letting me down , will have to focus on this over theb winter , despite the weather it was really enjoyable , bike was toughest part . well done on the organisation.
    will post report later and then maybe close off this log.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Superb result Seres!
    What do you mean close off this log? You're one of the few people consistently posting podium finishes/prize wins. If you stop posting, you'll bring down our average! :)

Superb result Seres!
    What do you mean close off this log? You're one of the few people consistently posting podium finishes/prize wins. If you stop posting, you'll bring down our average! :)
    thanks , will start a new one , its just the goals that i set at the start of the log are outdated , will reasses my goals for next year which will be more triathlon based and start off a new one in a few weeks .
    I need a fresh start . Trust me i need the log and i have found the advice i have gotten from you folk fantastic .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Seres wrote: »
    thanks , will start a new one , its just the goals that i set at the start of the log are outdated , will reasses my goals for next year which will be more triathlon based and start off a new one in a few weeks .
    I need a fresh start . Trust me i need the log and i have found the advice i have gotten from you folk fantastic .

well dones seres, another great result. congrats. I know you've said you're going to concentrate on tri next year but that sub40 10k is waiting for you :-)

race report lough key triathlon 2009

Last race of the season , which i have really enjoyed and in ways sorry that i have to wait for a least another 8 months to do one :( , but lots of work to do and concentrate on for next season , namely swimming , also am looking forward to doing a few road races again
    So here it goes , arrived early on sun to help with registration , weather bucketing down but didnt really mind that much(at that stage ) cause the lake was really flat .
    registration was good to keep my mind busy and kept me wondering who were the ones that would preform well or not , very hard to know with triathletes
    Finished up helping with reg and headed to transition where my bike was , well positioned . I realised how un prepared i was cause i never had done a tri in the rain , fourth tri and my first in the rain ( unusual for ireland )
    hadnt really time to ponder on changing my transition plan round to suit the weather so went with what i had.
    Water was freezing , serious head freeze but had a good bit of time to heatup in the water . Kept to the side and the back and felt ok on starting , a few kicks to the head etc but felt fairly relaxed , funny when people actually stop in the water to apologise. Took it fairly handy in the swim , actually my most enjoyable to date.
    Got out of water at 18.36 and headed fro the bike , transition not too bad , although my hands and feet felt very numb
    on the bike and off , took me asges to get the clips sorted , kicked on and passed a few people , out onto the main rd and my legs were already stinging , pulled back the pace a bit cause it was quite windy and rainy .
    started to gradually pull back people , passed a guy , no 33 i think ( hi if you read this ) who i dont know if he liked the idea of a woman passing him so he chased me down , so our battle went on for a bit till we resigned to kind of pacing each other , bike was really tough , toughest of the season .
    Got in near transition and tried taking the feet out of the shoes on the bike (which i had practised plenty of times before on my rides ) but because the shoes were so wet and my feet and hands so numb my feet kept slipping off , was all over the shop on the bike and ended up getting in the way of some oncoming cyclist who kept shouting at me
    got off bike , feet felt so numb , like blocks of ice , took me 2 mins in T1 with feet already out of cycle shoes , couldnt feel anything .
    On exiting T2 , women said i was the 11th woman , took it handy cause feet felt like blocks and could feel potential stiches brewing
    after 1k started to warm up and catch people , passed my cycle buddy who said 'will you ever stop passing me out ' on i went passed a lady bout 2k to go who said , if you pass that girl up in front that will put you into 6th position , so on i went , then spotted 2 other females bout 1k to go pushed on and passed them too , really fecked arriving into the finish , good race

Swim : 18:38 (153) :
    Bike : 48:29 (85)
    Run : 19:57 ( 27)
    overall : 1:30:10
    Female : 4th

Have to say i was very jammy to pass two women in the end to claim 4th female postion overall , beat them by 8 and 10 seconds :p , luck was very much on my side for the last race of the season

So hear i finish the log will be back to start a new one in a couple of weeks with new goals .
    thanks all for great advice and support , up the boards ;) .

asimonov wrote: »
    well dones seres, another great result. congrats. I know you've said you're going to concentrate on tri next year but that sub40 10k is waiting for you :-)
    i know , i feel it like one of my demons , the running is such a strong force , so easily one can be pulled back athletics , will defo transfer this goal to my next log.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

just caught up with your log today. Great result there seres!

It's a shame it's the end of the tri season alright...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Nice report Seres, really takes you into the feel of your race. Good of that guy to throw some humour your way and nice of the girl to give you your position when you are coming through strongly. Your run leg stands out a mile.. very impressive running off the bike. Your bike has come on a lot over the last 2 months and I think the speed is probably a result of the intervals bits you put into your cycles, smart work out of you. Your races must feel great as you are passing people from the moment you get out of the water until you finish the run. You seem to get stronger as the race grows. I can definitely see you posting top three results with some work on the swim. Perhaps in an Olympic race you would have a longer run to run down the top few women ;)

Have a nice break and thank you for sharing your log with us, its been a fun one to read and I certainly look forward to having you back on board(s) :D

PS hope the little one is doing well starting school and all!

thanks guys , will still be lurking around the logs keepin an eye on yer folk while on my break !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

Well done. Great result.

• Advertisement
Advertisement