Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Route To Orlando in September ?

• 16-03-2009 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi All,

looking for the cheapest possible way to get to Florida & back in late september, returning early october . . .

I am totally flexible & traveling on my own,,,, I don't care how stop overs there are!

will even consider fly+rail options ....

cheapest so far -

476.76 Aerlingus -

456.98 (STG) Flyglobespan from Belfast -

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The cheapest way is to fly
    I'd wait a few more months before booking for flights in September, flights were less than €300 there last September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

The first thing I usually do is type in Orlando airport into Wikipedia. Straightaway I found there are 2 possible airports (Orlando International, Orlando Sanford) and what their airlines & destinations are. It can also be useful for identifying all your connecting flight options. Are you aware Monarch Airlines and Thomas Cook Airlines both fly between Ireland and Sanford?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Airport
    snubbleste wrote: »
    The cheapest way is to fly
    I'd wait a few more months before booking for flights in September, flights were less than €300 there last September.

I disagree with waiting when it comes to booking flights. AFAIK flights only get more expensive as the flight day draws nearer as consumers are competing for fewer seats. (I don't work in the airline industry, I conclude it from education and experience in business ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ttilting

FrCrilly wrote: »
    The first thing I usually do is type in Orlando airport into Wikipedia. Straightaway I found there are 2 possible airports (Orlando International, Orlando Sanford) and what their airlines & destinations are. It can also be useful for identifying all your connecting flight options. Are you aware Monarch Airlines and Thomas Cook Airlines both fly between Ireland and Sanford?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Airport

I disagree with waiting when it comes to booking flights. AFAIK flights only get more expensive as the flight day draws nearer as consumers are competing for fewer seats. (I don't work in the airline industry, I conclude it from education and experience in business ).

Thanks FR ! .... Will check out both airlines ... good Work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

At the end of August last year, i booked a week in Orlando with Directholidays. Found them by accident on Aertel to be honest. Anyways, got direct flights on a charter with Monarch Airlines, 7 nights in the Quality Inn beside the massive McDonnalds and a 2 day pass to Universal Studios. And it was only 600 euro each. Now, i couldn't have put that together myself for that price. I usually do the flights accom etc, but this package was well worth it. Transfers to Stanford airport to hotel also included!

So maybe, take a wait and see approach especially if your dates are flexible!

Advertisement