Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De La Salle Match Tomorrow

• 16-03-2009 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to the match tomorrow?

Just trying to decide which route to go and if there are parades that will cause delays

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Whenever I go to Croker I always go up the east coast and get the Dart in from Bray. You'll be dropped at Connelly and from there it's only a 15-20 min walk. You'll completely avoid the parade that way.

Sometimes I get the Luas in from the Red Cow, but with the parade crossing the line on O'Connell street I don't know what the story will be with that.

Edit: Just checked the Luas website:
    Between 11.00am and 14.00pm on St Patricks day LUAS Redline services will operate between Tallaght and Smithfield only. This change is to facilitate the passing of the St. Patricks day parade.

Smithfield to Croke Park is a bit of a walk tbh, not worth the hassle, especially with the parade crossing your path.

Also, a Sunday service will run on the Dart so you can expect a good 20-25 mins between each train. You can find a timetable leaving from Bray here: http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/printed_timetables.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Thanks, east coast it is then.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

May I just add, best of luck to De La Salle tomorrow and safe journey to all those that are travelling up. Lets make it a day to remember for Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

DH and boys are Ballygunner supporters and I'm originally from Galway but not Portumna, we're all supporting De La Salle. We're all so looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Oh well,that was an absolute stroll for Portumna,I thought we'd be in for a more competitive match.
    Croke park fast becoming a nightmare ground for Waterford hurling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Hard luck to the guys today. They just came up against immense opposition on the day.

Advertisement